The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Lazer Auger Wing Bolt Size  (Read 2585 times)

Offline DaFish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Lazer Auger Wing Bolt Size
« on: Jan 25, 2005, 08:59 PM »
My Lazer Auger Wing Bolt  broke off in my auger.  Anyone know the size of the bolt, and threads per inch.   I don't want to order from strikemaster and pay $10+ with shipping.  Thanks .  If not I will let you guys know what it is after I drag the auger to the hardware store.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Lazer Auger Wing Bolt Size
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Don't waste your money. I know it's metric, I'll check with some die makers at work and let you know tomorrow.

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2005, 06:48 PM »
For some reason I guess I can't cut & paste the diagram to this forum with dimensions of this wing bolt so I shot you an E-Mail. Let me know if you can open and print it to take to the hardware store. It will surely be a huge pile less than ten bucks for this bolt. It is basically a metric allen screw with a weld fastener attached to make it a wing bolt. I would recommend using a regular allen screw with a little blue locktite and you will be good to go.

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline DaFish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2005, 07:15 AM »
Thanks Lobes,  I picked up a 6mm bolt 1.00 series ( I think that is the metric threads per inch)  and a 6mm nut for good measure.  Total cost $.57 including tax.  I also shot some hot glue between the handle and the bottom auger, because there was a slight  wobble, the glue solved that.  Then I wrapped the whole joint with rubber splicing tape. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.