The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: uh oh  (Read 3692 times)

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
uh oh
« on: Nov 24, 2005, 07:04 PM »
 :'( weather channel calls for low 60s and 50s next week. thats not good. hopefully they are wrong, this weather is weird, its snowing right now but in a week its gona be 60 degrees??????  :tipup: wont see those for a while
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: uh oh
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2005, 07:40 AM »
yeah i herd that to i got up this morning and went in my back yard and walked on my goldfish pond 2"-3" of cloudy ice then i come in and watch the weather and the say monday is in the 50's :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:(

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2005, 05:05 PM »
My goldfish pond had ice AND stress cracks in it!  We need a cold snap, wouldn't it be nice to be on the hard water by x mass?? What a nice present!

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Saw some skim ice tonight.....there wasnt much but atleast its starting!

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2005, 07:56 AM »
its getting so cold in here the lakes are so cold they are putting on some ice
the overnight low in west brookfield was 10degees and oh i am scared to go check my shinner traps i bet this will take a while to break ice
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2005, 08:52 AM »
i went to a lake yesterday(maple spring pond in holdon) and it was frozen almost completely and i through a rock at it and it didnt brake but i didnt try to walk on it i dont trust the ice just yet and i rather not fall through for my first time it was cloudy snow ice so not to strong but soon

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2005, 09:18 AM »
i was up in vermont yesterday and some of the lakes had no ice at all and some of them were completlty frozen but looked completly unsafe.
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline mikeyc0203

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ayooooooo
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2005, 10:12 PM »
i live down on the north shore and i have seen skim on some ponds and lakes but i hope warm weather dont come because im liking this kind of weather around here..

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2005, 11:01 PM »
Saw a few local ponds frozen with just a skim of ice but i went to jackson NH today and saw many ponds completely covered in ice.......it wasnt safe but it is a start!

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2005, 11:58 AM »
A couple of the coves on Flint Pond were frozen over, nothing safe yet, but hopefully SOON!

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Not looking good for the rest of the week......but at least its gonna cool down by friday :-\

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2005, 02:16 PM »
ya i just hope we dont lose the ice we already have but if we do the water is still going to be realy cold and wont take much to freeze back up and it might be clear ice wich is awsome to fish on when you can see the fish fighting to the hole its so cool but any is is fine with me and i want it soon!!!!!!

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2005, 02:24 PM »
ya i just hope we dont lose the ice we already have but if we do the water is still going to be realy cold and wont take much to freeze back up and it might be clear ice wich is awsome to fish on when you can see the fish fighting to the hole its so cool but any is is fine with me and i want it soon!!!!!!

Never thought of that. As long as we have some cold stuff next week we should be fine!

Offline ice nut OFJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:44 PM »
gettin all my gear tuned up soon.....im goin out of my mind....these warm temp.s dont help

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.