The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Toughest Hub Shelter  (Read 850 times)

Offline IceAce

• IceShanty Rookie
Toughest Hub Shelter
« on: Jan 30, 2020, 10:51 AM »
I am tired of repairing my hub shelter. It is an older clam, and I've repaired about everything you can on it. What is the most durable hub style shelter you guys have used?

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Toughest Hub Shelter
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2020, 11:39 AM »
I have had good luck with my Eskimo Hub shelters. I hear the Otters are the best but they also tend to be the more expensive. No first hand experience with the Otter.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline mtcommonwalleyeguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2020, 12:23 PM »
My father runs a big 6 man eskimo, and uses it a couple times a year. It's had its skirting tear unsolicited, but the company sent him a new one, and we haven't had any other problems with them. I'm more of a solo/run-and-gun type fisherman (at least as far as my feet can carry me), and believe it or not, I've been using a Tangkula 2 man pop up from Amazon, that I purchased when I was in college to save some money. It's still going strong after 5 years with a dozen or so uses a winter, no repairs needed. Moral of the story--if the Tangkula can last, it's my belief any name brand should be able to last. Even though we had the skirting problem with the eskimo, I'd go with one of those, as the company was good to work with when my father needed it. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline liprippin49ers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2020, 01:00 PM »
Ive had great luck with Cabelas brands. I used an 8X8ft for about 7 years, and everything still works great, but the black paint or whatever it is is wearing thin so it's kind of see through around the doors. However, it still stops the wind. I just bought a larger 10' X10' insulated Cabelas brand.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.