Author Topic: Maple Creek info?  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Maple Creek info?
« on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:18 PM »
 Has anyone fished Maple Creek in Leigh lately? Thinking about a road trip down that way this weekend. maybe Sunday.

Offline cabr03

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Maple Creek info?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:21 PM »
I was kind of wondering the same thing, i' ve been wanting to head out there this season. I heard it was pretty good fishing!

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:50 PM »
Fished it all year with decent success.  Last friday I had 12" of ice, and I pulled in some decent gills.  Check out the "Ice around Columbus" thread, there's more info on there... some decent eyes if you can find them.... Im heading out tomorrow I'll give you a report.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:22 AM »
Thanks Kyler

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Well it was windy, had to get a rock from shore to keep in my Nanook, or I would have blown across the lake.... Fishing was good again if you can find deep water.  Limited out on 6-8" bluegill, picked up a few bass, largest was 17" on 2lb test with a size 12 tungsten and waxie, lost a keeper walleye and picked up another that went 15.5".  Then the magic happened, and my screen lit up.... I had fish stacked from 15' to the bottom, once I started catching them I was surprised, nothing but channel cats.  I think all in all I picked up around 20,  most were on the size 12 and waxie.  Biggest one went 24-25" and was about as big around as a nerf football.  That came on a minnow deadstick, and he went back down the hole.  Overall it was a good day, I kept a limit of gils, one walleye, and two catfish that were probably 1-1.5lbs (average size I caught).
.... oh, 13" of ice.

Offline GrabLifeByTheGills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:14 PM »
Grizzleyhackel and I were talking about maple and how the fishing was

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.