Author Topic: Nebraska get together?  (Read 6025 times)

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Nebraska get together?
« on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:13 PM »
 Being new to Nebraska hardwater fishing, I was wondering if you fella's have a get together to fish, eat and "shoot the bull?" I didn't see any threads on this, so figured I'd bring it up.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
Re: Nebraska get together?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:27 PM »
We should have done this before we got fishable ice, now I'll be too busy!  ;D  If you have an idea for when or where, I"d be interested.  I figured I would get to meet some of you guys at the Maskenthine calcutta though.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:40 PM »
 Yeah, probably. I talked to Dean tonight about the tourney and Calcutta/chili dinner. He said he won't be there because his son has a basketball game that night.

Maybe if enough express an interest we can throw something together for next month.

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:48 PM »
If we're serious about a get together, then we need to pm a mod and start a poll, since the deciding factor for 95% of us is "where", start with a general west:central:east poll, then from there pick out 3-4 lakes in that area and start another poll between them. Also need to account for ice conditions, which hopefully by February they are all good(knock on wood). And I would definitely be down for a west or central get-together.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2012, 12:47 AM »
North Central would be good for me.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline hammerhandle41

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:09 AM »
I think this would be a great idea I realize that much of the state is not willing to drive all the way out here to the west, BUT Box Butte would be a great option there are plenty of fish to catch and while your waiting for tip ups to fly you can shoot the breeze. I have nothing against travailing to the refuge or Merritt either I haven't fished over there since i was just a kid.
If you never try you will never know!

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:17 AM »
I like the way you guys are thinking.  If Merritt is not to far for you I would be happy to host a get together at the Trading Post.  There are 6 cabins w/kitchenettes(19 beds total) still available with winter rates and with enough of a group we could also open up the lounge for evening drinks and fellowship.  Gets darn lonesome out here this time of year so a bunch of hard water fanatics sounds almost to good to be true.  Let me know if there is interest!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:43 AM »
 I think a poll would be a great idea. I would, personally, drive just about anywhere for it.

However, since I am new to Nebraska lakes and such it would probably be better if someone familiar with the state would set it up. I will help in any way possible, but my knowledge of the state is limited to about a 70 mile radius from my home.

Offline Flynfish816

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2012, 12:14 PM »
i would vote merritt as i have never ice fished there so would be a great way to learn from some locals and like mr merritt was saying they have the trading post with cabins avalable. great idea guys

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:03 PM »
 Merritt would be good for me too. Or Box Butte. I've never caught a northern before.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:38 PM »
 Who are the mods to contact to get a poll going?

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:47 PM »
I would be willing to drive to meet everyone.  Tomhusker PM'd me and said we could all stay at his house and he's grilling steaks.  He wanted to know how you liked your ribeye cooked and what everyone's favorite craft beer and/or single-malt scotch is.  if you prefer lobster let him know soon.  He is having them flown in from Maine.  Thanks Tom!  :-)
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline hillbill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:11 PM »
Perhaps we should make it traveling meeting start east this year, than central, than west, or vise-versa. Would give us all a chance to see new bodies of water around the state and meet new people. Good idea Tom!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:53 PM »
I would be willing to drive to meet everyone.  Tomhusker PM'd me and said we could all stay at his house and he's grilling steaks.  He wanted to know how you liked your ribeye cooked and what everyone's favorite craft beer and/or single-malt scotch is.  if you prefer lobster let him know soon.  He is having them flown in from Maine.  Thanks Tom!  :-)

LOL
 I am on  diet... I will cook you all the turkey burgers you like, with sweet potato fries and lettuce salad with no dressing.

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:03 PM »
merrit sounds good to me

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Merrit sounds good to me to, I'll pm a mod and make a poll that is merrit vs somewhere else, since merrit seems to have a lot of support.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Merrit sounds good to me to, I'll pm a mod and make a poll that is merrit vs somewhere else, since merrit seems to have a lot of support.

That would be great. Should maybe have a couple of choices from other areas, but I am all for Merritt.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Merrit or......?  I guess I have no other suggestions.  I pretty much fish private water the whole season and wouldn't know a good public lake.  What do we have for a date?  That may be my only problem.

Turkey burger is good for me Tom.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:41 PM »
 I dunno, maybe late Feb? Give time to get everyone's vote/input and such.

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:43 PM »
After we figure out a lake, we'll do another poll for what weekend in feb, but for now does anyone have any other suggestions for lakes? only other one I can think of is box butte.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:52 PM »
I vote meritt.  and if a saturday, either 11th or 25th.  If a sunday, anything but Feb. 5th.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Meritt would be a great start.

Offline Flynfish816

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:09 PM »
end of feb 1st part march

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Hoosier is our Mod here, you can just click on his name at the top of the Nebraska page.  He's the one for tourneys and all.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:56 AM »
Pm me a list of lakes and dates for a GTG and I be happy to put up 2 polls,,I can put one up for lakes,decide on that then I can do another for a date... JT

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Nice to see the interest in Merritt.  We are only 20 miles from the Valentine refuge, a few more to Rat & Beaver that produced some great late ice action on big perch.  Several other pretty good sandhills lakes are also within range.  As for timing I've so far not scheduled any sports shows so there are no conflicts so far.  Late ice can produce a strong bite but with the temps running hot and cold the timing could get tricky.  If the majority decide to go with Merritt then come up with a date I'll be happy to HQ the party from the Trading Post, ice conditions permitting.

JB

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Anyone have any other suggestions for lakes? thats the only thing left to decide before we start the polls.

Offline perchboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:16 PM »
I was just checking on the poll for the get together

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:30 PM »
Well if nobody has anywhere else to suggest I guess Merrit is the winner and we'll start a poll for date.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Well if nobody has anywhere else to suggest I guess Merrit is the winner and we'll start a poll for date.

Sounds good to me. I can PM the mod for the poll.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.