Author Topic: "Trout'n it"  (Read 1145 times)

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
"Trout'n it"
« on: Feb 27, 2010, 04:34 PM »
Youngest daughter and fished birdwood today 1230-330. 40+ fished iced including one over 5 lbs  :o biggest trout for us ever... all went back to fight again another day. Now repairing the broken rod the big rainbow cracked. yellow and green 1/64 oz jigs and waxies..a few on minnows too. 18 inches off the bottom. 12 feet of water.
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
Re: "Trout'n it"
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2010, 09:05 PM »
WOW :o  that's a nice trout!  especially for that lake!  I didn't think those trout survived the summer but that one must have a few years to get that big

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Yea no kidding!! I talked to a fella last week out there named Randy who said they put some in from Lake Ogallala/canal after they drained it. He said he caught one near that size and another around 3 pounds also. It was a shocker to us as I thought he was pulling my leg. Rod epoxy is now drying.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2010, 08:47 AM »
Sounds like a heck of a rod bender! Well rod breaker in your case ;D Sounds like y'all had a great day on the ice :thumbsup:
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline burtleaj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2010, 04:04 PM »
i would like to know more about them draining the canal i was thinking of going there this summer is it not worth it now?

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2010, 05:36 PM »
Probably not but the Ogallala res has already been restocked with keeper sized trout.  The canal was bone dry again this fall for a long time from Ogallala to North Platte.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Man I hate to hear that.  I used to love fishing that canal trout tourny last of April every year.  Those trout were a blast. 

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.