Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607718 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #21510 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:00 AM »
18* this morning but I think the wind is going to die down. Yesterday was a very cold/windy day.
IW, glad you saw a buck on your hunt. Makes going out in this weather, worth it. At this stage of the game, I am not sure I would pass a spike.
IFF, hope you are feeling better.
Eddie, I am at the point of, I know what is best for those that I care about. We have been told so many different things by Gov's office he doesn't know what day's script to read on any given day. Hell, the mayor of NYC is even on the same page.

NOW, here is my plan for Thanksgiving. Early next week we are all going to take our cars over to WW's and leave them, car pool back home (with cookies and pies). Now the CTS (CuomoTurkeySquad) will be setting up raid at her house and we can all be together for Thanksgiving.

The last 2/3 weeks have been tough on the wife. They had started her on a twice/daily infusion for an infection.  She has been having un-controllable body jerks, tired all the time and the WORLDS shortest fuse. Plus she said she felt drunk all the time. Tuesday's blood work indicates it is the infusion meds so they had her stop it last night. She said "Good Morning" when she got up soooooo, maybe they are right. They still want her to get the MRI on Friday and we have a normal check up in NYC on 12/1.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21511 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:04 AM »

NOW, here is my plan for Thanksgiving. Early next week we are all going to take our cars over to WW's and leave them, car pool back home (with cookies and pies). Now the CTS (CuomoTurkeySquad) will be setting up raid at her house and we can all be together for Thanksgiving.

:roflmao: :clap: :woot: :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21512 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:12 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good day :thumbsup: Will you make it to the range today ???

IW Best of luck in the woods today, hope you get a poke  at a bigger one :thumbsup: The blower install went fine. Her tractor and mine are very similar except mine was designed to put the blower on in 10 Minutes and hers takes 1.5 hours ??? The only hiccup I had was putting  the tire chains on, it went like this.....Too loose.......Too tight......Awww just right ;D

Bud there is usually a toggle on the dash or close by that cuts all power off from the house to the engine. Otherwise there will be a few things helping to drain your truck battery.

h2l I see you posted while I was poking around on the keyboard. Prayers to your wife that they are on the right track :thumbsup:

Today I am heading to the range for a little while. I decided to head to the shack tomorrow and will sit Saturday possibly Sunday. I was going to use my .243 rifle but instead am going to take my TC Contender, or as Eddie says "Big Azz pistol" :roflmao: If I am lucky enough to get one it will go to the food shelf.

Hope you all have a good day  :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21513 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Good Morning ER's Good luck to those hunting. Mason pair the line up with a small reel with a good drag. Add the little thill floats and a small jig with spikes or waxies, wiggler etc. My biggest fish on 1 lb. line was a 10 lb. carp. You will be ok. Interested how many of your co workers will say %)#@!+. Bud what kind of Motor Home are you landing? I 45 my daughter is ok and has been. You may have her mixed up with someone else daughter or clan. Stay safe all.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21514 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:29 AM »
OG, couple pictures of the Motor Home, Class C, Fleetwood Jamboree 29V E450 Super Duty Truck frame, V-10 engine

looking back from drivers seat

Looking from the Queen bed got all the comforts of home, big enough for me to live in.

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21515 on: Nov 19, 2020, 10:32 AM »
Looks awsome bud so does the boat.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #21516 on: Nov 19, 2020, 10:36 AM »
Bud, that's plenty big enough to live in IF you don't have to much stuff! lolol.....  ;)2 :clap: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21517 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:26 PM »
OldSailor, yeah some of this down sizing that will have to be I am thinking like having my tonsils removed a piece at a time by way of my ears and noise. :nono: :nono: :woot: :woot: :blink:
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21518 on: Nov 19, 2020, 03:00 PM »
Bud
If your testing facility is anything like mine I went Sunday at noon and got a call the next day around the same time.

Hopefully all you have is a flu bug but if it is the Rona may it be a light and easy case.
Don't want you going through what I am.

There's only a few liberal politicians I wish it on.  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21519 on: Nov 19, 2020, 08:59 PM »
Good evening ,things not looking good for my spending Thanksgiving with my Sister and BIL my town is now part of a Covid-19 Yellow zone after recent rise in virus cases. I'm seeing runs on paper products and cleaning supplies in stores as people get more concerned about the "Second Wave". ON a happy news story Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip will celebrate there 73 RD wedding anniversary tomorrow.  :clap: :clap:
IFF nice looking motor home may it serve your needs well for a long time. We all do pick up lots of stuff over the years no easy job down sizing and deciding what things to keep. I hope you are feeling better and any virus test is negative.
Eddie sorry to read you can not even have a window visit with your mother.Hopefully in 2021 she will get to hold her great grandson Emerson. Glad your enclosure survived the winds and made for a nicer day working on the marble. Please give us a review on the low pound test fishing line.
Ice Wanderer good to hear the V.A. evaluation was good ,hope all went well with your doctor today. May you get a shot at the buck who made the tree rub/scrape.
hunts2long may your wife start to feel better soon this has to be a very hard year for her trying to stay in good health. glad you are starting to see deer on your hunts. May your bowling season not get shut down by the virus.
Whopper Stopper nice to hear the property owner will wait to Spring for the tree work and you got the job. Nice work hooking up your SIL's snow blower. best to you with this weekend's deer hunt.
Wallyworld better keep a watch for strange vehicles around your house over the next few days. ;D :roflmao: Maybe you can mail Hunts2long some cookies for Christmas. My suggestion is when you see an item you will need at the store like tiolet paper purchase it when you see it to avoid any supply problems. May Mr.WW be seeing some activity during his hunts.
Rebells hope your rash clears up soon and you stop itching. Glad you test negative for Covid-19 . may things stay peaceful in Rochester.
Icefisher-45 may tomorrow's MRI give the doctors information needed to help make your quality of life better.
Drifter may all your travel be problem free and you come home without any hitch hikers.
Tomturkey may the deer hunting be going well looking forward to your posts on the hunt.
Old Goat good to read your daughter is doing well  may all of you stay healthy.
OldSailor how is Megan and her roommate doing hopefully both close to recovered from the virus.

Have a good night everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #21520 on: Nov 20, 2020, 02:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Milder weather moving in today, 35 and calm, high of 51.

Steve...sorry to read your Thanksgiving plans with your family may be canceled, dang. There is good news on the vaccines in the near future, although that doesn't help matters much at the moment. Difficult times for sure.   :%$#!:
  Dave...hope things are going as well as could be expected for you Sir. Man, it's been a rough ride this year for you and many of us here on the thread. Here's to a better days ahead!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..Congratulations, very nice looking motor home!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope it serves you well and best wishes on the Covid test.
  OG...before I showed the guys the line, I mentioned it was a good thing no bets were made, lol. Two of them looked like this  :woot: Thanks again, looking forward to making a report here soon!   :icefish:
  Marv..if you couldn't take that big buck with the bow, that Big Azz pistol deserves the chance...safe travels and best of luck with your adventure, we'll be waiting!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
   H2...best wishes to your wife, hope the meds are under control now!  :thumbsup:   Excellent plan for Thanksgiving, count me in!   :roflmao: :callcops:
  Jeff... hope the big one shows up today, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Wally.... good luck wishes continue for Mr. WW!  How is the baking going?   :thumbsup:

Yesterday's strong winds ( gusts in the 40mph range ) proved our shelter was inferior, lol. We had to cut the reinforced plastic loose before it snapped it to pieces.   Made for some strong language and laughable memories... and one pissed off foreman!  :roflmao: :clap:
  Back at it outside today, no shelter required, lol.   Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21521 on: Nov 20, 2020, 04:14 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 36* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                           Eddie........Sorry to read that the shelter wasn't holding up in yesterdays wind, it wasn't windy up here. :whistle:
                           Bud..........That's a nice looking camper, good luck with it. :thumbsup:
                           Marv.........You are probably getting ready for tomorrows opener in Wisconsin, have a safe trip. :flex:
                           Steve........I'm sorry that your Thanksgiving plans will be canceled, this Covid thing is a PIA. :%$#!: :cookoo: Paper products are disappearing
                up here now.  :cookoo:
                           H2l...........I hope you wife is responding to the meds.  :thumbsup: That sounds like a plan to park at Wally's, do you think it will fool the Governor. :roflmao:
                           No Bucks yesterday just a lonely Doe, but today is another day.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21522 on: Nov 20, 2020, 05:25 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

36 heading to 40 later on.

Eddie hope you have a good wrap to the week. I took The "Big Azz Pistol" to the range yesterday, if given the opportunity I think it will do fine ;D

IW best of luck in the woods today :thumbsup: The truck is loaded, I'm taking off around 10am.

h2l best of luck to you if hunting today :thumbsup:

WW has Mr. WW been seeing anything?

All I have left to do is pack a small cooler. I am planning on coming back on Sunday so I won't need much.

Hope every one has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21523 on: Nov 20, 2020, 06:02 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....fingers crossed the "real MrsH2" has returned  ;)  thoughts and prayers sent

Eddie.....good luck tomorrow if you're heading into the woods  :) 

WS....safe travels and good luck to you as well  ;D  don't forget to pack some cookies  ;D

IW.....hope the doe has an admirer following her this morning  :whistle:

IFF.....nice looking rig   :clap:  hook the boat up and follow the sun   :thumbsup:

MrC....sorry to hear your Thanksgiving plans are changing  :(  think a lot of us are in the same situation  :-\

MrWW had a tough day in the woods yesterday, 2 nice bucks showed themselves but he couldn't get at shot at either one  :%$#!:  it's been quite the struggle this year so far  :pinch:  hopefully the next couple days bring better luck

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21524 on: Nov 20, 2020, 06:44 AM »
I came home yesterday after a wild  few days in my tower blind. The winds have been nasty for the last month. That is my excuse, I am sticking to it, for just taking a little hair off of the only buck I had a shot at. Marv I did see the 10 pointer that you said has my name on it. The problem was it was the day before season. It was over 200 yards away so I would not have taken a shot at it any way.

Dave I am sorry that your dad passed away. Hopefully getting things setteled is not too hard. When my mother passed she had a trust. All I had to do was file a couple death certiicates in the  court house to clear up her estate.

Bud That is a nice looking home on wheels. I see that it is a Ford so you can spin out of the drivers seat to get to the the back. We had a Dodge motor home that you could not do that in. What a pain.

H2L It is good to here that stopping the infusion fixed the wifes problems. I have myoclonus that  causes nerve jumps. It took a while to get it diagnosed before I got perscribed a drug that  keeps it pretty much controlled.
I ned to get moving as the wife wants to get groiceries. then i need to get the cover put on the toon so i can go back over to hunt some more. My grand son is comming to hunt a couple of days after Thanksgiving.

Every thing mostly got shut down in Michigan AGAIN yesterday. NO gatherings for the holiday allowed. We had already canceled our plans any way. I bet that our govenmess will not follow her orders. She will probably bus in her guests so there are no cars around her place. To far awy for them to park a WW's house.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21525 on: Nov 20, 2020, 01:18 PM »
Hi all--- I just saw this posted on the Weather Channel!!!
https://weather.com/news/weather/video/is-the-northeast-in-for-a-snowless-winter-0
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21526 on: Nov 20, 2020, 03:35 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

Interesting OS!

The girls and I arrived at the shack a couple hours ago.

I Just got back from hauling some stuff Out to my stand. I brought my "Big Azz Pistol" out and made sure everything was in place for morning. It will be a sleepless night.

I stayed at the shack for about a month and a half during bow season. It was quiet and comfortable and on a couple occasions I pulled a cork and all was well.

When I returned from the stand I was greeted at the door by the s-i-l with a bottle of beer, my wife handed me a coaster ??? I was also told to not put my feet on an old coffee table (I made by the way) ???All I could think was .....What would Dave Orr say?  :roflmao:

Wishing everyone a safe and successful day in the woods tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21527 on: Nov 20, 2020, 05:11 PM »
Marv what caliber is the Thompson ?, got it scope mounted ?  A bro has one in 30 Herrett He loves his.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21528 on: Nov 20, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Marv what caliber is the Thompson ?, got it scope mounted ?  A bro has one in 30 Herrett He loves his.

Mine is 7-30 waters. I would love a Herrett. I have a 2.5 - 8 Leupold  on it.

My phone is being cantankerous, maybe in the morning it will allow me to post.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21529 on: Nov 20, 2020, 09:15 PM »
Good evening ,nice day here will get more seasonal tomorrow. We now have some restrictions in place to slow down the spread of Corona virus . Houses of worship limited to fifty percent of their seating capacity ,indoor and outdoor personal gatherings limited to twenty five people.
Eddie must have been a fun day trying to work in winds of that speed. Best to you and your sons if heading out tomorrow for the start of Southern zone big game riffle season.
Ice Wanderer as Wallyworld said next time you see a doe may a buck be following her movements.
Whopper Stopper best to you this weekend with the deer hunting.
Wallyworld next time Mr.WW sees a buck may he be able to take a shot. Looking like many folks Thanksgivings will be different this year. Do you plan to see your son and the grandchildren.
Tomturkey may conditions be better when you return with your grandson to continue deer hunting.
OldSailor thank you for the link to weather Channel will have to check out their story later.

Have a good night,stay safe and healthy. Best to all hunting and fishing this weekend.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21530 on: Nov 20, 2020, 10:07 PM »
All I could think was .....What would Dave Orr say?  :roflmao:

No comment.  :roflmao:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21531 on: Nov 20, 2020, 10:12 PM »
Sitting in my hotel room in London, Ontario.
Got a meeting with dads lawyer tomorrow. Funeral home on Monday. Not sure what else I have to do. Lawyer will probably tell me.

Have to move dads stuff from the long term care home to the storage locker.

Plan to visit my buddy later this week and we're gonna chase some steelhead for a few days before I head back North.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #21532 on: Nov 21, 2020, 02:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 42 on the Hill this am, high of 47 today...comfortable conditions for today's opener! 

Dave... hope everything works out well with your agenda, difficult things to deal with... best wishes Sir.
  Marv... best of luck today! Hoping that big one shows up!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks, hopefully have a story of some kind to share by days end!    ;D  :thumbsup:
  OS...thanks for the link, will check that out on stand this am!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...better luck next hunt with your grandson, hope that big 10 pays a visit!   :thumbsup:
  Wally... thank you, fingers crossed today is Mr.WW's day!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff/H2...best of luck to you both today!!    :thumbsup:

Anxious to get back in the woods today! Was hoping some of the snow we had would stick around, but yesterday's mid 50* weather wiped it out. No matter, it will still be enjoyable.
  Time to get a few things ready... will keep you posted!    Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21533 on: Nov 21, 2020, 04:42 AM »
44* with a light wind this morning.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for the wife. She seems to be getting better. She wants to go the Trader Joe's with Lindsay on Sunday. With all that is going on I am not sure it is a good idea but she wants to do some Thanksgiving shopping but she hasn't been out in about 2 weeks so I may not beable to change her mind. She is NOT driving.
Drifter, these have to tough times for you, I am thinking of you.
Eddie, hope you have a good day in the woods. Pretty sure you will see more than I have been seeing.
WS, hope you have a good day. Get it done.
TT, the wind around here hasn't been my friend this year.
I have been in the woods a lot the last few days but haven't seen a deer since Tuesday. Maybe with most of the hunters down South I can fool one today.
Hope everyone has a good day and you hunters be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21534 on: Nov 21, 2020, 07:44 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....hope all goes smoothly for you as you get things settled  ;)  some steelhead fishing sounds like the perfect stress buster, enjoy  :clap:

MrC....decided to err on the side of caution and remain home for Thanksgiving, hoping to be able to visit the grandkids for Christmas  :unsure: 

H2L.....good luck talking MrsH2 out of a shopping trip, can't imagine the risk involved  :pinch

WS......all I can say is  :nono:  :whistle:  :roflmao:

Good luck to all the hunters hitting the woods today  :flex: :thumbsup:  Be safe out there  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21535 on: Nov 21, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Ah yes opening day in Wisconsin, 32* on my deck this morning, fishing buddy invited me to go this morning, but think I will pass, Should be seeing some snow flakes come Tuesday as it continues to cool down.

Dave hope things go smoothly for you with all your loose ends

Marv, did I just hear that Big Azz pistol bark ?  if it was yours hope it was on target.

H2L and all those out hunting good luck, that you getter done.

Take care all, I am feeling much better and hope to stay that way.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21536 on: Nov 21, 2020, 09:15 AM »
Good morning everyone!

No pistol bark here Bud. Very quiet so far. I saw a bear at day break, 3 does a fawn, and 1 spike.

I am waiting on Bullwinkle.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21537 on: Nov 21, 2020, 11:44 AM »
Good day, fellow 9:45ers sunny with light wind currently believe it will reach into the low fifties for the day's high temperature. Since my Town is now in a Covid-19 yellow zone I'm wondering if there will be restrictions as to many many people can be in a store based on it's square footage. If so it will only add to the craziness seen in days leading up to Thanksgiving.
Drifter may all go weel with the lawyer and funeral home meetings. Best to you and your friend with the steel head fishing.
Eddie hope you and your sons see some deer activity today. stay alert and be safe out in the woods.
Hunts2long may nothing happen if your wife does go shopping tomorrow. may the deer hunting improve this week.
wallyworld understand your choice of staying home for Thanksgiving,I'm praying that by Christmas infection numbers will be going down so families can get together.
 IFF  have a good day whatever activity you do.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the photo now I understand why Eddie calls it a Big Azz pistol. Good luck getting Bullwinkle I've heard stories he gets reports form his buddy Rocky on hunter's stand locations spotted during his flights.  ;)2 :whistle:

Have a good Saturday everyone. Best to all hunting be safe out in the woods and fields.
 Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21538 on: Nov 21, 2020, 04:47 PM »
Hi ER's!! Good news!! I just found out that Megan has been cleared to join us for Thanksgiving!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: Our prayers have been answered!! What wonderful news!! Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers!! :thumbsup: Please be safe, stay well, and STFAH!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21539 on: Nov 21, 2020, 04:59 PM »
Great news OS!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.