Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614653 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17610 on: Nov 16, 2019, 04:34 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 15* and clear here on my hill, I have some wind to deal with. ::)
                         Eddie........Good luck in the woods this morning. :thumbsup:
                         I-45..........Are you going on the walk with Mr. Dickens, I bet cold air does wonders for your headaches. :blink:
                         OG............I never heard that remedy before, but if it worked it's a good one! ???
                         Steve........My arm?shoulder is getting stronger every day, yesterday I did the cutting for Mike and handed the pieces to him. I had no problems
                  doing that. :flex:
                         H2L...........That's interesting that both sides of the sheds were next to each other.  :o Good luck if you are out today! :thumbsup:
                         Marv..........I must have missed something, What are you going to do about a new spear house? ???
                         Wally.........I bet the guys at hunting camp enjoyed the Hermit Cookies and Beans, nice of you to do that for them. :clap: :flex: :bow:
                         I'll be heading out in a few myself, good luck to all.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or hunting.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17611 on: Nov 16, 2019, 06:30 AM »
14* this morning. No deer yesterday and this morning I am taking a break. Yesterday my back and legs told me it was time for a break. Don't know if it is the cold or the pine I am setting up against or some of both. When I talk to the "ole time" Adirondack hunters they are all reporting the same, "not many deer around". There were a lot of bucks killed last year and we had a pretty tough winter.

Eddie, should be good hunting for someone like you who works outdoors and has the right clothing. I am sure many of the hunters out there this morning just won't be prepared for the cold.

IW, I have only found 1 set of drops laying right together. My nephew has  a few matched sets, but most have been found in the orchard. He does have both sides of a 14 pointer that he found a few years ago. They were about 10 yards apart in what we called the "maze". It had to be the bucks core area, very thick. The dog he has now found both sides of an eight not far from where Joe found the 9 this week.

Many deer have odd number of points for some reason or another. Most times one gets broken off or just doesn't grow. Below is a 6 point I shot that had no brow tines at all.

Ice-45 hope you are feeling better, the walk may just help.
Have a good day and I will be waiting for some hunting stories...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17612 on: Nov 16, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Morning all,

Best of luck to everyone hitting the woods today  ;)2   Hope that "once in a lifetime" shot lines up for all of you  :flex: :thumbsup:  Most of all...be safe out there  :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17613 on: Nov 16, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Good evening everyone!

I decided to take a few days and spend them in my deer stand. Next weekend is the WI rifle season so it was now or hang it up.

I made it to my stand at 1pm. I hadn't been sitting for a 1/2 hr when I spotted a deer off to my right.

At first because of the distance I thought it was a small buck. As usual I got ready long before the deer could spot me just in case it wasn't alone. The second time I saw it I got excited because it was a big bruiser.

He headed to a scrape and went through the normal licking, peeing, and pawing. He then walked straight in front of me (60 yards) and tended another scrape.

The whole time I was trying to get his attention with the can call but with 20mph winds he couldn't hear it. Eventually he just ambled off.

About a half hour later 4 bald ones came crashing through the brush right in front of me. I would have bet anything the big one was behind them but no.

I also saw 2- 6pt's one right at dark. They stood about 20yards away and never knew I was there.

For my first short day back.on stand  it was excellent. Tonight rain or snow is moving in around 4am. Snow I sit rain I stay in.

Hope you all have an excellent night!

Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17614 on: Nov 16, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Took Mr Dickens out for a walk today. He enjoyed it. Cold wasn’t good for my headache but I needed to get out.

Whopper Stopper, Good that you saw some Deer today. Hope you see your 8 pointer soon.

Hunts2long, How is your back and legs. Hope your feeling better.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you had a good day in the woods. How is your shoulder doing?

Old Goat, Thank you for the advice. I’ll try that.

Mason Eddie, Hope you had a good day in the woods.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17615 on: Nov 17, 2019, 03:35 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 10* and clear here on my hill, the cold will bake for squeaky snow. ::)
                           I-45............My shoulder is doing just fine, yesterday I started do my therapy with the rubber band the therapist gave me
                   and this morning it feels great. :clap: I'm sorry to hear the cold doesn't help your headaches. :blink:
                           Marv...........You had my adrenaline pumping, I was sure you were going to post that you got the big guy. Better luck today
                   if you get out. :flex:
                           H2L............I know how you feel, I got leg cramps last night from walking in the woods yesterday, probably from not doing
                  that much during my shoulder recovery. ???
                           Eddie..........I hope you had some sort of action yesterday? ???
                           I'll be headed out in a few, yesterday I found a big track from a single deer, he scraped many time, I set up a trail cam on his
                  scrape line hoping to get a picture of the guy. He was following some smaller deer.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or in the woods.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17616 on: Nov 17, 2019, 04:13 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 11* this am, high of 37 today.

Jeff...best of luck this morning, hope that buck returns and gives you a good shot!
  I-45... glad you got out for some fresh air and a walk with Mr.Dickens. Hope the headaches have simmered down today.  :thumbsup:  Any response from the Dr. yesterday?
  Marv...congrats on an excellent afternoon stand, lots of movement,glad you decided to take another trip!  :clap:  I hope this mornings weather is doable for you. Best of luck getting that big one within bow range Sir!   :thumbsup:
  H2...I guess working outside in the elements has its pluses sometimes. Think the biggest mistake some people make is putting everything on before their long walk, overheating, and then try to sit. It doesn’t take long to get cold. Some impressive sheds you and your nephew have found, hope you get a crack at one of those H2...best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...I thought about those hermit cookies yesterday, wishing I had a bag full while on stand...excellent job!   :thumbsup:

Pretty slow morning for me yesterday, didn’t see anything on my stand. My partner saw 7 total, not one with any head gear. We only heard one fairly close shot in our area, that was kind of strange for the State Land we were hunting.
  I didn’t hunt the afternoon, had some things that needed to be done. Breakfast with my Mom this morning, planning on an afternoon hunt. The boys saw a few, but no shots fired.   Cawfee’s on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17617 on: Nov 17, 2019, 05:55 AM »
14* again this morning.

Eddie, I know how it is when you don't see anything, been doing that all season. But, it is still nice to get out. Haven't heard any reports on how the local guys made out down South. My brother and nephew went down this morning to hunt with one of Ron's co-workers from the jail. Eddie, enjoy breakfast.

With both of them gone I took another day off. It would be just my luck to get one and not have any help getting it out of the woods...Like that is going to happen...lol

IW, glad the shoulder is doing well. Do you plan on getting back out into the woods? I think my problem is I turned an ankle the other night coming out in the dark, today I will take my weekly Aleve for bowling and see it that helps. I don't like to take that stuff if I don't really have to.

Ice-45 did you get Mr. Dickens out for his walk?

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17618 on: Nov 17, 2019, 06:21 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad you made the trip back to the shack for a few  :thumbsup: :clap:  fingers crossed the rain stays away and you get the "big boy" in your sights  ;)2

Eddie.....didn't hear any shots around here yesterday either  :blink:  watched a 7 pt trot out of our woods at 7:00 am across the back yard into the field next door, his nose firmly stuck on the ground, obviously on a mission   :woot:   enjoy breakfast with your Mom  :thumbsup:  good luck in the stand  ;)

IW.....good to hear the shoulder's gaining strength and staying pain free  :clap: :clap:  maybe it's time to add some walking to your exercise routine  :flex:  good luck in the stand  ;)

H2L....finally seeing some birds show up at my feeders  :clap:  don't know why they were absent for so long  :unsure:  good luck on the alley tonight, hope the ankle holds up ok  :flex:

IF45.....hope the headache has subsided today  :-\  looks like a beautiful day to get outside for a walk   @)

MrWW and his brother had a good day in the woods  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: his brother harvested a spike horn & a doe, MrWW took this fella

Time for another cup of coffee  ;)2  Have a good day whatever's on tap, good luck in the woods  :flex: ;)2  Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17619 on: Nov 17, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day today. Going to take Mr Dickens out for a walk today after Mass.

Hunts2long, Seems like the Deer this year I are very good at hiding. Hope the Aleve helps and you have a good night bowling.

Mason Eddie, Hope your breakfast with Mom went well and you get out this afternoon and get a deer.

Ice Wanderer, That would be good if you got a pic of the Buck with the trail cam and saw him today. The bands for the shoulder do work. I used them for my shoulder until it turned out physical therapy affected my headaches.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17620 on: Nov 17, 2019, 06:38 AM »
WallyWorld, Noticed you were posting after I posted. That’s good your birds are back. We aren’t seeing any yet. No idea where they are. Congratulations to Mr WW and his brother on a successful day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17621 on: Nov 17, 2019, 06:49 AM »
WW, looks like your freezer is getting filled. Congrats to Mr.WW and his brother.

WS, hope that big one makes a mistake today...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17622 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:05 AM »
Morning, All

Cloudy, windy, chance of rain, mid 40's

Just a quick post

Glad everyone doing relatively well, more meat for the freezer, or looking for the trophy-good luck

Heading for the weekend job, paint & laminate floor, closer than the A.C. job, so the travel isn't so bad timewise

Be back after dinner

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17623 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Wet sloppy yuck falling. I debated on it for a couple of minutes and went back to bed.

If it stops I will be taking to the stand.

WW pass on my. Congrats to MR and His Brother :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best of luck to everyone hitting the woods.  Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17624 on: Nov 17, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

The rain let up around 10am so I beat it to my stand. I was only settled in for about 20 minutes when the rain started coming down again. It's been a miserable sit and so far just squirrels and 3 Owls talking things over.

Looks like I will have to make the 28 mile round trip to dry my stuff tonight :%$#!:

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

Stay safe

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17625 on: Nov 17, 2019, 03:06 PM »
WS......sorry to hear you got rained out  :(  hope tomorrow's a better day  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17626 on: Nov 17, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Good evening everyone!

Im sitting at the laundromat getting dried out.

About 1 1/2 hours before dark I spotted a buck about 100 yards out in front of me. I looked through the binoculars and saw it was about a 5 point.

He kept walking then stopped. I could see a deer further in the brush  just standing. The two stared at each other for 5 minutes then the smaller one turned and started walking towards me. Not only that but the other deer was following him.

When the first one turned off I finally got a look at the other one. It was a beautiful 8 or 10 point. The thing that struck me first was how heavy and symmetrical it was.

I have no idea what was going on but the big one started looking nervous and soon the smaller one started looking like something was wrong. Regardless, the both turned around and beat it in the opposite direction.

My luck has been Shakey at best this year. Tomorrow I am going to add some more brush behind me. I get the feeling the deer are skylining me some how.

Another 0 for me.

Hope you all have a good evening.
Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17627 on: Nov 17, 2019, 08:08 PM »
Good evening Saturday was a cool day with the high only reaching 35 and overnight low(Sat-Sun) in the high teens. Today reached the low forties supposed to see rain/sleet tonight into Monday morning. Noisy here yesterday morning repair made to steps /stairs to my building's laundry room  really need to replaced (my opinion) the stairs metal rusting away they replaced a couple of the steps and put bracing on the others . Give-Away contest going on when I logged in will check back after this post to see if I got lucky.
Icefisher-45 your welcome on the 4WD suggestion the 1998 Cherokee was my first 4WD vehicle so learned some things on the fly. Sorry the colder weather does not help your headaches.
Old Goat interesting headache relief tip.
Eddie hope breakfast with MOM was good and you saw some deer if you got out this afternoon.
Ice Wanderer great to read you continue to build strength in your shoulder. May you get the big buck on your camera and in your gun sights.
Hunts2long best to you and the team at the alley tonight. May your ankle be feeling better. Any good news from your brother and nephew on their deer hunt.
Whopper Stopper glad you are seeing deer may the weather improve and that 8-10 point buck return. I don't know if your hunting clothes would dry out overnight using one of these by the wood stoveat your shack but the make  wooden clothes drying racks in different sizes.
Wallyworld congratulations to Mr.WW and his brother on their deer. Quite the day for your BIL taking two deer.
Capt.Jim may everything have gone well with the weekend  job.

Have a good night everyone. If I get Lucky and won the Give Away #5 will be back to post about it. I was poster # 51 so just missed getting in lucky winner is Icephishwyo.  Custom Jigs-n- Spins jigs assortment and Ice Shanty stickers were the prize.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17628 on: Nov 17, 2019, 08:21 PM »
Sad news in this area, a young man (20) was shot and killed this morning while hunting 😢 report says it was someone from his own hunting party that fired the shot 😞 thoughts and prayers to all involved

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17629 on: Nov 17, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Wallyworld sorry to read about this tragedy . My thoughts and prayers also for all involved .

Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17630 on: Nov 17, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Evening, Gang

Very windy today, felt like rain but it never happened, supposed to be tomorrow for showers, mid 40's

W.S. - At least you saw something this time, just no chances to score, good luck if going back out in a.m.

This next week & days till turkey are going to be killer for me, finishing up A.C. job, the weekend job painting and flooring is getting close to finish, special flooring job for
      the 25th and 26th, trim molding replacement job after turkey, trying to schedule Dr.s Appts. around work, some thing has to give soon, my brain feels like smashed
      spuds

I.W. - Remember, start slow getting back into the swing of things

Have a Dr. in a.m. - time for some sleep

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon-Happy Birthday

Thoughts & prayers to family & friends of the hunting mishap
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17631 on: Nov 18, 2019, 02:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm 25* fresh dusting of snow overnight, high of 34 today.

Capt.J...lots on the plate! Hope all goes well with the Dr. appointment this morning, best wishes with wrapping up all the loose ends on the AC job and other work on schedule....” May the force be with you! “.  :thumbsup:
  Wally...wow, that is so sad about the young man....thoughts and prayers sent to all involved. Never easy to hear or read about these types of accidents. Congratulations to Mr.WW and his brother on their success!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...had to take a pass on the breakfast yesterday, wasn’t feeling well. Spent a better part of the day curled up in bed. Feeling better today, hope the bug or whatever it was has passed.
  Marv...soooo close again! Hope today is the day...that sounds like a slammer buck! Best of luck with today’s hunt, will be looking forward to your next reply!   :thumbsup:
  H2... hope you and the team cleaned up on the lanes again! Good luck today if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... excellent news on your progress, best of luck with the hunting today!    :thumbsup:

Still no deer hanging here yet, the season is starting off slow but plenty of time left.
  Light on time again this morning, will catch up to you all later today.....Cawfee’s on.
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17632 on: Nov 18, 2019, 04:12 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 23* and cloudy no dusting up this way. Rain/sloppy stuff is suppose to fall in the afternoon. ::)
                       Eddie........Sorry to read that you had a bug or something to have to stay in bed. :(
                       Marv.........You get so close to getting one, hope today brings better luck. :thumbsup:
                       Wally........It's always sad to hear that someone has lost his life in a hunting incident, very tough on everyone involved. :(
                       Capt.........Good luck at the Dr.'s this morning, remember you are only one man and can only do so much. Health before wealth! :whistle:
                       Steve........According to the guessers, it's suppose to warm up by Wednesday, then I don't know for how long. :unsure:
                       H2L...........The way I see it getting out in the woods is good for getting in shape but a twisted ankle is another story, that you have to rest. :blink:
                       I got out for a while yesterday, the deer didn't get in view of my trail camera but I did have a deer walk in my foot prints in another area. ::)
                       I'm going out again this morning before the rain/sloppy stuff arrives.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out in the woods.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17633 on: Nov 18, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be a wet and crappy day. Nothing planned. Hoping to hear from the headache Dr today.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck today if you get out today in the woods.

Mason Eddie, Hope your feeling better after resting yesterday. Seems like it’s a slow Deer season as well as for hunters at church.

Captain Jim, Prayers for your Doctors appointment. Remember health before wealth.

WallyWorld, My thoughts and prayers for the young man and his family. A tragic accident.

Mr Clean, Hopefully they finished the repair on the stairs. Good luck on the Giveaway when you play.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully the big deer comes back and your able to get him.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one to those in the woods and those on the water and those at work. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17634 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Morning fellas,

hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was cut a day short by having to stand duty yesterday. Still got to see plenty of football though. One more week of work to get through and then I am on vacation for the week of Thanksgiving!

WW- It seems that this happens a few times every year, very sad for all parties involved.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17635 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:10 AM »
31* cloudy and a few snowflakes.

WS, now you know that there are some bucks in the area. Seeing them in the rain makes it easier for you to hunt in the rain. When I was younger I liked hunting in the rain. These days not so much. I guess I got older not wiser. Good Luck.

WW, too bad about the hunter. I had heard last night that a hunter had been shot. Yesterday at about 7am a woman's body was found along side the road about 4 miles South of here. They are saying a hit and run. Looking for a red pick-up. Thoughts and prayers for all.

Eddie, we really burned up the alley's last night. Lost all 4 points but stayed in 1st place. I bowled the best 3 game total of the year, the other team just bowled better, plus they had a sub with a 119 avg. that bowled way over his avg. That happens.

Woman at bowling had a picture of her son and 10 other guys who went hunting down South for the weekend. They shot 8 deer on Sat.

Got laundry in and have to make a trip to the land fill, then back in the woods this Pm if we don't get the rain. Ankle and back seem to be doing OK.

Have a good day....h2l

My brother and nephew didn't have any luck hunting yesterday.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17636 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Morning all,

WS......sending all the luck I can muster up this morning your way  :flex: :woot: ;)2  looking forward to today's report

Eddie.....hope you shook off whatever bug was sneaking up on you  ;)  sure the crazy weather lately isn't helping  ::)

IW......good luck this morning  :flex:

MrC.....glad the stairs were replaced before someone got hurt  :clap:

CapJ.....hope the doctor's appointment goes well  :)  got to make sure #1 is healthy before anything else can happen  :whistle:

NNH.....sorry your weekend was cut short  :(  hope the week flies by for you  ;)

TT.....looking forward to your tree stand adventures sir  ;D

H2L.....hope the team stayed at the top last night  @)  good luck if you're in the woods today  :)

Looks like some freezing rain/snow heading this way later today/tonight  :-\  a few errands to get in before it all begins  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning H2.....thoughts and prayers to the woman's family  :'(  no excuse for someone to just drive away from something like that   :nono:  hope they find the driver soon  :callcops:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17637 on: Nov 18, 2019, 12:07 PM »

Ice will hold an eagle....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17638 on: Nov 18, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

So far all is quiet on the front. I dug Brutus out last night and have him on duty today. It's a little late for decoys but I am getting desperate. I just hope that big one spots it.

It's pretty mild about 35. There must be some snow moving this way as I am kind of stiff today.

h2l I don't mind the rain too much. I just don't like trying to look for blood when it's coming down.

Hope you all have a great afternoon!

Stay safe

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17639 on: Nov 18, 2019, 01:34 PM »
H2L....great shot  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.