Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Electric augers

(1/3) > >>

pearcheyes:
Looking to buy one for next season hopefully a little longer than this one.What’s anyone’s opnion on the ion alpha composit 40 volt.I have a jiffy propane model but tired of the noise and weight

kevs:
I have no experience with the composite model of Ion auger, I do own an all steel purchased the first year they came out. It has worked flawlessly for the time I've owned/used it. Easy to operate and have drilled close to sixty holes through eight plus inches of ice without the battery being drained. Still has the original blades that have never been resharpened. Recharge is quick. Of the various augers I've owned or used it has been the best.

marmooskapaul:
Hard to beat an 18 volt Milwaukee drill. Dual purpose is also a bonus. If I was drilling through 20" of ice all the time I have no idea how long it would last?? Unfortunately don't have that problem in Indiana...lol.
That said I've not wore a battery down yet in my use of it. 

tater140:
I agree with the drill setup idea.  Couple of years back I had a ridgid drill with the 9 ah battery.  On a trip to Wisconsin drilling around 24-30" of ice I got somewherea around 60-70 holes per battery charge and a 6" auger.  I now switched to the Milwaukee fuel and a 5 ah battery... mainly just to save size and weight. 

HuntFish18:
Menards AD this week has an ion auger for $199. 40 volt 8 inch just type in ion ice auger abd it should pop up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version