The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Keyhole report  (Read 1505 times)

Offline msmith1956

• Team IceShanty Regular
Keyhole report
« on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Keyhole fishing was a little slower this last weekend or else not as many fisherman reported back in. We did see some walleye brought in and heard of some decent catches of crappie. Minnows and jigs or darters for walleye and spikes and small jigs for crappie, smelt and tipups for northern.
  The ice continues to thicken with the night time lows in the single digits. Alot of fisherman are now useing there atvs on the lake, but hav'nt heard of anyone ventureing across the lake yet. In a couple of weeks you should be able to get about anywhere, but until then be careful and do'nt take anything for granted.

Offline FireonIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Keyhole report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Thank you for the report. It is truly appreciated. ;D
Bojo

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:22 PM »
Eve21 and I watched the moon set, the sun rise, the sun set and the moon rise today. In the middle we caught a crappie, perch and two small walleye. We threw the sink at them punched  150+ holes multiple moves. But it was a nice day in spite of one ground blizzard for an hour. Watched an eagle try for a turkey dinner. Tried out the new Muck arctic's, they rock.

Walleyes came from 30+ feet both on a dead rod with a minnow. The other came on small jigs.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline team schmidt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:44 PM »
Good report!  I'll be heading to WY Thursday and on the ice Friday.

Offline northern plains outdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2010, 10:31 AM »
I was on keyhole yesterday too, caught 4 wally +3lbs, and about 15 crappie, 12 to 5.  Using Chubby Darters and Jigs, couldn't get minnows from hotel no one around, and the bar didn't have any, so we took to jigs.  Just a word of caution to those who wanna fire up the atvs, I DID FALL THROUGH YESTERDAY!  The ice thickness is not consistent through the lake, and I found places with water on top of the ice and under the snow (mine will stay parked for a while).  Brind a partner and a good length of rope just in case.   I was out last week thursday in mule creek with ten inches of ice, then yesterday off pats point had less than five (thats where i fell in), and now with 3-4 inches of snow on top of the ice insulating it, its not going to thicken very fast.  otherwise good fishing in 25 to 35 fow.  Have fun, be safe!   :tipup:

Offline team schmidt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:58 PM »
Slow day for me on Keyhole.  One crappie and a couple other bites that I couldn't hook on a chubby darter.  Nice day to be out though.  Talked to some folks who hadn't caught anything, so it sounded slow for all.  A slow day on the ice is still pretty good living! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.