Author Topic: Can anyone review the fxr excursion pro jacket and bibs?  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Lumberjack

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for new gear and this is easy for me to get in canada, its onsale and has 3 year warranty. There are not many reviews on it though, anyone running it?

I have a sledding fxr monosuit I have 6 seasons on and its lasted just never had their float/excursion gear.

https://fxrracing.com/products/m-excursion-ice-pro-jacket-20

https://fxrracing.com/products/m-excursion-ice-pro-bib-pant-20?variant=30094374338622
Thanks

Offline Tom1983

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Can anyone review the fxr excursion pro jacket and bibs?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2020, 08:23 AM »
I have fxr bibs and jacket with the flotation.  I’m not sure which model because they were purchased for me by my employer.  The flotation feels thick and a little weird at first, but isn’t bad.  The bibs feel like there are built in knee pads. Overall great garments, waterproof and comfortable.  Just have to resized that the flotation piece is probably 3/4-1” thick and feels like padding.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Just trying to re-vive this thread, anyone else have any experience with this brand? Thinking about getting their bibs but have never seen them in person.
Da Pack!

Offline Rockfish24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2020, 12:31 PM »
I use the excursion jacket and bibs.  It's the older model that I've owned for a couple years. 

It is much warmer and more flexible than my one piece mustang integrity suit especially during high mile snowmobile rides on the ice.  The bibs have nice padding in the knees for kneeling on the ice.  I find I don't get that clammy unbreathable feeling under the suit like I did with the mustang.  I'm not sure its as safe as the mustang but its a bit of reassurance.

I bought my wife the jacket and bibs after I used mine once.  She finds it more enjoyable and comfortable too. 

I know there are some other nice brands out there offering floater assist suits that I haven't tried but I wouldn't hesitate to grab the FXR again if I needed to replace it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.