Author Topic: fishing saskatchewan maps?  (Read 2231 times)

Offline ybone

• IceShanty Rookie
fishing saskatchewan maps?
« on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:26 PM »
Was just wondering if anyone knew of a good sight to access local maps of our province. Might be nice to have these available for anyone looking for new places to fish.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
Re: fishing saskatchewan maps?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2004, 12:33 PM »
There is a book called Fishing Saskatchewan that lists many if not all of the lakes in saskatchewan as well as providing the reader with info on all the fishing and fishing related topics in saskatchewan.

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2004, 06:50 PM »
Depth contour maps and RM maps are jealously guarded by the government.  I tried to charm the girl in the SERM office in S'toon but she wasn't buying it. The url for those nice contour maps is for re-printing and govt. sale only.  The odd one gets posted, but it's not normal. :D That terra server.com is a great sat. image source.
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2004, 07:19 PM »
nwf.ca used to have depth contour maps for most stocked trout lakes in sask but their site dissapeared, glad i printed them all off before that site vanished as they are quite hard to find.
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2005, 06:46 PM »
The lake maps and or any map in sask is available by calling
Information Services Corp in Regina at 306-787-2799
on the back page of the fishing guide is that number
I have bought a few from there Last mountain is awesome map The fishing lakes are good Buffalo pound is not usable unless they got a new one since this summer they can mail them out to you were ever you are.
I also get maps there for hunting

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2005, 08:30 AM »

Anybody know how to turn this around, or scan the whole thing?
We should get the fishing lakes on here, tool

Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline saskfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2005, 04:53 PM »
These maps are terrible.  I wrote to SERM? (I think) a couple of years ago and they sent me maps of the lakes I had requested for a buck or two each.  All of the measurements are in metres and in 5 metre increments.  In reality, 5 metres is a drastic depth change yet the maps do not help in my opinion.  That map of Last Mountain is similar to the one of Diefenbaker.  Maps of smaller, less popular lakes are even less detailed.

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2005, 10:25 PM »
I have the fishing lakes but don't have a scanner.
I have photocopies of all fishing lakes are 8x11 of each lake the last mountain is broke down into 5 pages I have them all laminated and keep them in the boat. I don't have a problem with the depths in meters or the depth graduations but the fishing lake ones are in feet and broke down every 10 feet for depth. I have thought about spray gluing the maps to the inside of the shack maybe even a coat of shelac or varnish over them to keep moisture from damaging them, heck of a conversation piece on the wall

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2005, 10:03 AM »
 Check out
 http://www.terraserver.com       The hyperlink doesn't seem to work, but the url's right               and click on the earth to enter :D   
 for satellite imagery. For instance click on cities international (for Canada) then type in Riverhurst, select Canada, then view Riverhurst Ca and there's an overhead  of the ferry area, you can aim the thing up and down the length of the lake from there. Likewise Strasbourg, Craven, Ft. Quapelle,  Saskatoon, etc.  You can only zoom in so close, but hey they're taken from space!  I can almost make out my house.  If you wanted to show someone where on the lake to meet up, or where the fish were biting I think this is a good tool.  Those pics are protected so you can't just download them, I think, but if you could access them (subscription? :() and figure out how to put an 'X marks the spot' on it ......... what hoop I have to jump through to make a mark on a picture?  I tried copying out the whole url for one of those sat. pics and no go >:(

Abraham Lincoln, 1866

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2005, 02:50 PM »
I got a very similar map to the one posted above for Blackstrap and Zelma last week. Cost me $1.37 for both at SERM. They are photocopies though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.