Author Topic: IT IS ALIVE  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
IT IS ALIVE
« on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:01 AM »
I  saw it walking across my computer screen... the powers from above have spoken

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: IT IS ALIVE
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:54 AM »
Say it ain't so!!!!
Just add water.

Offline SPIN 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:58 AM »

there was a sighting at Tenney mnt  i do not speak flamingo, but think he was stuck in the deep snow when traveling to the nearby hotdog stand    Free AA
More than 3 cars in my driveway when I get home ? Probably an intervention! I’m outta there!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2023, 07:10 AM »
The clues are all around you!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2023, 11:13 AM »

there was a sighting at Tenney mnt  i do not speak flamingo, but think he was stuck in the deep snow when traveling to the nearby hotdog stand    Free AA

Hahah!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2023, 11:45 AM »
Every post you make, every fish you take-he'll be watching  you

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2023, 02:46 PM »
Im quite surprised there has not been a new member joining as "the flamingo" lol

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2023, 03:56 PM »
Im quite surprised there has not been a new member joining as "the flamingo" lol
Oh , ain't over until the flamingo says its cover

The legend lives on from Dover on down to the big lake they call  it Winni...  AA  is never gone it is said, even when the Flamingos wings flap early.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2023, 06:22 PM »
The Flamingo is the pride of the new Hampshire side, not from Michigan or Wisconsin, as the good anglers go, he ws stealthier  than  most with jackers and Mike's eggs perfectly  seasoned.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2023, 05:43 AM »
The  key board clicks made a TATTLE TAIL sound as the snitch hijacked posts of ours- as supper time came the mods came on site and said fellas it's been good to know ya - and latter that night, as the lights went out of site came the ban of the snitch and flamingo.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2023, 07:30 AM »
 Roccus Lightfeet, you got me hummin’ that fateful ballad…🤣

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2023, 07:56 AM »
[/quote

LOL, i.had a loop on tape of that song, that was our " tuna death song" we used to play on our way in with a tuna when I had my 32 Holland..strange victory song, yes, but  but my crew were not normal,and well, those that know the Captain, know he doesnt play with a full deck.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2023, 08:08 AM »
[/quote

LOL, i.had a loop on tape of that song, that was our " tuna death song" we used to play on our way in with a tuna when I had my 32 Holland..strange victory song, yes, but  but my crew were not normal,and well, those that know the Captain, know he doesnt play with a full deck.

Haha! Keep it going! 🤣
In my book, you’re not only playing with a “full deck”, your dedication to “The Flamingo” as a friend shows otherwise…😊

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2023, 08:36 AM »
FREE the FLAMINGO!!

“I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they’re gone. I guess I just miss my friend.”.    - "Red"
Iceshanty Redemption
Can't wait for visiting hours next weekend buddy!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2023, 05:10 PM »
Well done Joe.  Great adaptation of a classic song. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2023, 10:00 PM »
I cant wait either.  Both kids with their mothers and I am ready for hotdogs and beer.  Maybe a fish or 3

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2023, 10:18 PM »

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2023, 06:24 AM »
If the 5 of us stop posting, this site is done for.  ;D FREE the FLAMINGO. How many signatures do you need?
Just add water.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2023, 07:46 AM »
If the 5 of us stop posting, this site is done for.  ;D FREE the FLAMINGO. How many signatures do you need?
Sadly Mike, old school learning  is a thing of the past, our society has turned to instant gratification,  tell me where, tell me how, I dont have time or want to learn through trial and error, I only have weekends and I have 5 kids(like none of us EVER  had family,time or money restrictions)...the site was here before we were, it will be here after we are gone, no one is indispensable, just look at what is going on in our world,it makes happy that I'm getting old(am old)...it will be differant, but no one will get their feelings hurt, maybe they sing kumbaya after each request for ice conditions or honey hole request.

This was 1 of 2 sites I am (was) still active on, I've shared alot of knowledge, met some good people ,I 'e insulted a few and hurt their feelings with blunt honesty, yes, but I've reached out and personally  solved problems for folks here, brought them to my house, repared tackle, donated tackle, repaired Augers, the list is long, eventually the sun sets,I believe it's very low on the horizon

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2023, 08:03 AM »

Id love to buy the site, have said that before.  Instant no slot burning rules like SOL use to have.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2023, 07:19 AM »
Sadly Mike, old school learning  is a thing of the past, our society has turned to instant gratification,  tell me where, tell me how, I dont have time or want to learn through trial and error, I only have weekends and I have 5 kids(like none of us EVER  had family,time or money restrictions)...the site was here before we were, it will be here after we are gone, no one is indispensable, just look at what is going on in our world,it makes happy that I'm getting old(am old)...it will be differant, but no one will get their feelings hurt, maybe they sing kumbaya after each request for ice conditions or honey hole request.

This was 1 of 2 sites I am (was) still active on, I've shared alot of knowledge, met some good people ,I 'e insulted a few and hurt their feelings with blunt honesty, yes, but I've reached out and personally  solved problems for folks here, brought them to my house, repared tackle, donated tackle, repaired Augers, the list is long, eventually the sun sets,I believe it's very low on the horizon

Oh I absolutely agree with you 200% Joe. People have every excuse under the sun as to why they have no time to figure something out on their own. Then they get mad at you when you dont give them what they want. The culture has changed but some of us refuse to give in. You used  to be able to poke a balloon and it would eventually find its way back to you. Now you poke a balloon and it pops.
Just add water.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2023, 12:44 PM »
Looks awesome Joe great post. Agree 100% learn from old timers take time to watch learn and also do some learning on your own. We have some good guys here. Free the flamingo  :tipup:
Salmonemia

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2023, 07:45 AM »

If only they had a wider coverage area - say maybe Michigan - it would be well worth it...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.