New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Chaumont bay and 3 mile  (Read 15214 times)

Offline Walleye_Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Chaumont bay and 3 mile
« Reply #60 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:59 AM »
Was wondering if anyone could give me a report on the snow amount that is on the ice. Planning on going fishing on Friday if there is not to much snow to get my wheeler out on the ice. Thanks

14 inches of Fresh Powder
Eat. Sleep. Fish. Repeat.

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:05 AM »
If you have chains they are highly recommended or a snowmobile

Offline Trout-hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:04 AM »
Lots of snow last two days, route on ice needs to be plowed.

Offline justfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where should I fish today??
« Reply #63 on: Feb 19, 2014, 12:05 PM »
Does anyone have any update on Chaumont? Gonna be up there this weekend with some friends. Thanx.

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 19, 2014, 07:04 PM »
I was out last weekend and got a few perch and my first walleye through the ice. Snow was crappy but its supposed to be mostly gone this week so access will be easier

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 19, 2014, 07:13 PM »

Offline Drewski121

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh yeah
« Reply #66 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Nice Wally.....DD..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline 870comp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 20, 2014, 04:39 AM »
caught my first walleye thru ice there yesterday..
6lbs

Offline recore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Feb 20, 2014, 11:04 AM »
Woundering how the bay looks like to make it out there this weekend. Appreciate any reports. Thank you

Offline rapala47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:46 PM »
Me and another guy decided to take a break from Oneida and give Chaumont a shot today, it was our first time there and kind of went in blind, fished around Cherry island in 40 fow with no luck , made a couple more moves until we ended up around three mile point in 30 fow, found the dink perch, lots of them, ended our day there around 2:30 with nothing in the bucket. Next time I plan on taking a run up there I will have to talk to a regular here and find out where to go for the Big Eyes I keep seeing pictures of.....until then good fishing and be safe. F.Y.I. Brought the wheeler and had no problem getting around, couple slushy spots but not to bad.....
I have the ability to walk on water....therefore I am!!!

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Im going Saturday around Herrick shoal. Was there any trucks out there today. I was on the Chaumont hardware site but greg hasn't updated it since the 16th IDk whats up with that hes normally good about it

Offline justfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where should I fish today??
« Reply #71 on: Feb 21, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Thanx for report, nice Wally.

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 22, 2014, 08:20 AM »
Went to chaumont this morning and went about 300 yds and then turned around and left. The slush is like 10 inches deep and misrable to drive in. So we are going to henderson to try our luck

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #73 on: Feb 22, 2014, 10:25 AM »
Me and another guy decided to take a break from Oneida and give Chaumont a shot today, it was our first time there and kind of went in blind, fished around Cherry island in 40 fow with no luck , made a couple more moves until we ended up around three mile point in 30 fow, found the dink perch, lots of them, ended our day there around 2:30 with nothing in the bucket. Next time I plan on taking a run up there I will have to talk to a regular here and find out where to go for the Big Eyes I keep seeing pictures of.....until then good fishing and be safe. F.Y.I. Brought the wheeler and had no problem getting around, couple slushy spots but not to bad.....

The locals setup on the very western tip of Cherry Island. Try the drop off to the south side. Good structure.

Offline iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • nothin like hard h2o
« Reply #74 on: Feb 25, 2014, 07:41 AM »
Chaumount  is all locked up on monday but rough riding with the 4 wheeler tracks in the now frozen slush.  Careful with snowmobiles, my liquid cool over-heated as there is no snow on the ice for cooling, also the sliders took a beating......Just 1 eye for the day, dropped one and had a few chasers but wouldn't commit.
guy

Offline PERCHIN101

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • No Fish is Safe
« Reply #75 on: Feb 25, 2014, 07:48 PM »
I know all the rain last Friday played havoc on the boat ramp, does anyone know if you can still drive a truck on there or did it open up??  Lots of water was pooled up due to the snow banks in the ramp
I can smell a perch a mile away...

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Feb 26, 2014, 09:21 AM »
Gregs report on  the chaumont hardware site is very accurate. Ice is locked up and you can drive trucks on there, http://chaumonthardware.net/fishing-conditions/

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Feb 28, 2014, 01:22 PM »
any one been out to chaumont this past week? Im heading out there tomorrow probably early am. im hoping the ice is clear enough to get my truck out to herrick shoal

Offline fishyfingers247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Feb 28, 2014, 01:32 PM »
lookin for a perch report out of Chaumont.  I see all the shantys but nobody is talkin....share the wealth ya bums!!
Dont bother askin when ill be home, you know when it gets dark out

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Feb 28, 2014, 01:35 PM »
Well im not afraid to share info so ill send up a live report tomorrow while im out

Offline fishyfingers247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Feb 28, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Well im not afraid to share info so ill send up a live report tomorrow while im out

and ill report how I make out at LOTI

Offline Tommy RN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:04 PM »
Question guys, I'm looking at one of those new electric augers vs. Gas.....I've been using a cordless drill attachment for a while.  I've never been to Three Mile or Chaumont area and am thinking about it for next week.   With 24-36 inches of ice, are the electric augers suitable for that thickness?  Any suggestions on brands or preferences would be greatly appreciated before I drop the cash.  Thanks!!!!

Offline fishyfingers247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Question guys, I'm looking at one of those new electric augers vs. Gas.....I've been using a cordless drill attachment for a while.  I've never been to Three Mile or Chaumont area and am thinking about it for next week.   With 24-36 inches of ice, are the electric augers suitable for that thickness?  Any suggestions on brands or preferences would be greatly appreciated before I drop the cash.  Thanks!!!!

I know them electric augers seem like they are too good to be true but I don't know as if I would spend the money without actually seeing it work.  If you don't like the idea of the mixing gas thing check out them strikemasters with the Honda engine....my good lord they are super nice and quiet.  electric sounds great but for me ill stick with what I know works....

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Feb 28, 2014, 04:02 PM »
Been running with an Ion since last season, have not had a problem with it at all just last week I drilled about 15 holes at Sandy pond with it. The company claims (I think) 40 holes in 12" of ice. Only issue I have had is when it is really cold it will deplete the battery quicker if you leave it out on the ice. Hope this helps.

Offline basscott99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:28 AM »
I have a 7" Lazer and fish at least one day a week at Chaumont with 26" plus ice. It's the best investment I've made in the auger area have not had the on board battery run out of juice yet with days of 20 hole or more.

Offline D_wood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Mar 01, 2014, 12:44 PM »
26 inch eye out of 3 mile bay/ chaumont. Buck shot rattle tipped with a minnow. Been markin fish like crazy they are starting to get picky

Offline Drewski121

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh yeah
« Reply #86 on: Mar 01, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Nice Wally....DD.......... ;D ;D ;D..........

Offline Larry D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Mar 01, 2014, 04:33 PM »
nice eye

Offline muskrat bay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Get you some of that"
« Reply #88 on: Mar 01, 2014, 07:11 PM »
Up here at eel bay right now. I have a icegator electric auger with a 8" auger and I am drilling thru 26" of ice. 20 holes today no problem. Nice machine !
"life aint no rehearsal boy,you only get one chance, you will learn it by the seat of your pants"

Offline Michigander vitreus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Mar 02, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Went out from the DEC launch yesterday and rode out to the shoals. Fished from 10-5. Snagged lots of small perch and about a dozen keepers but no eyes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.