Author Topic: I need a new knot  (Read 4855 times)

Offline frldyz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: I need a new knot
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:40 AM »
The annoyance with the palomar knot is pulling that loop all around the entire lure, especially when the lure has treble hooks.

This is GREAT!!!  I learned the palomer knot last year and never went with anything else.  So easy and strong, I don't know why anyone would use anything else.
This is my 1st year ice fishing  And once I got those tiny little jigs and took them out of the package and looked @ the eye size on them.  I cringed in disbelief on how small they were, and thinking how the @$#%@#$% am I gonna get a palomer knot threw that.  I tried probally 100x and gave up.  But this idea might just work perfect!!!!!

Thanks

Offline frldyz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:40 AM »
I use the double surgeons for single hook jigs when panfishing...palomar when I'm fishing bigger fish.
Rapala knot for jiggin raps seems to work best for me.
takes a little practice to keep the end loop small, but once you get used to it it's not bad.
it is a tough to tie when fishing outside the shanty, but aren't they all?

x2

Bookmark this site.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2013, 07:08 AM »
If having problems tying a palomar knot. make your loop bigger. So you have to cut off the extra. Line is cheap.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline frldyz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:40 PM »
The annoyance with the palomar knot is pulling that loop all around the entire lure, especially when the lure has treble hooks.

I used your method for the palomer knot on hese tiny ice jigs.
Your a life saver!
Works perfectly.

Thanks.
I hate tying every other knot.  Except the palomer.
Thanks

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #34 on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:01 PM »
if i want more action on a jig i use a rapala knot. if i want less i use the trilene knot. i like to think of it as and improved improved clinch http://www.animatedknots.com/trilene/index.php?Categ=fishing&LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

And you can even start at the fishing index. Load any knot & let it tie. No clicking, just cursor over the number for the step. It's Magic !

http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

Offline IcedODA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2013, 10:41 PM »
I would have to say my most used knot for the past year is the no slip mono knot which I think is the same as the rapala loop knot or whatever it's called. Super easy to tie, very strong.

Offline charski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:33 AM »
"Worlds Fair Knot" thanks Snakehunter. Well I don't know about you but I found my new knot.

Offline charski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:40 AM »
I do love the San Diego Jam Knot but the link attached makes it look harder than it is. Watch this

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.