Author Topic: Marmish Rods!  (Read 18453 times)

Offline Jimbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marmish Rods!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 09, 2009, 02:48 PM »
i am curious of the high dollar model as far as whats different?  is the rod blank just softer or does it have different spring bobber?  if its the same bobber setup than i see no reason for to spend the extra money...their spring bobber system is flawless.

I am as well. I missed the booth at the Ice Show but would like to pick up one.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Dec 09, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Yes, the sping bobber and the blank are both different on the competition series rods. The competition rods have a much more sensitive spring that is made for fishing the tinyest micro jigs.

I picked one up at the St. Paul show.

Weiner, did Len show you how to use it?

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #62 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:42 AM »
I watched him demonstrate in the fish tank that they had.

That's when I finally decided to buy a couple of rods.

I also got some of their sweet jigs.

I can't wait to try them out this winter.

Wiener

Offline trapster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 25, 2009, 12:51 PM »
i picked up two of these gems this fall. we are just getting ice here in nebraska so in i will be walking on water in couple days...and cant wait to try these rods.  i do alot of sight fishing in 2-6fow and these things should rock for that.  often i use a camera to better detect when they actually pick up the bait but im thinking this rod should allow me to see it on the spring bobber thus not having to deal with the camera setup.  it will really shine in the dirty water lakes and at evening when sight fishing and camera are obsolete.  last year i finally got tired of getting a sore back sight fishing with 20+ inch rods and made some 12 inchers but didnt have super sensitive tips so had to use thill lite bite bobbers to detect the litest biters....problem solved with the marmish i'm betting.  might have to order some replacement spring bobbers from em and put on some of the longer stiff rods as dead sticks and do away the ol'thill bobbers.

i am curious of the high dollar model as far as whats different?  is the rod blank just softer or does it have different spring bobber?  if its the same bobber setup than i see no reason for to spend the extra money...their spring bobber system is flawless.

When sight fishing I will drill two holes, a foot or two apart, it depends on the depth that I'm fishing.  I fish in one and look down the other.
Shut up and fish.

Offline arcticcatz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 04, 2010, 03:07 PM »
I used mine for the first time yesterday. AND I LOVE IT! three of us fishing during a really tough bite. I iced 18 Keeper gills, and the other two prople using their ice blues and gill pills only iced 8 between the two of them. I am a believer! You can see any little nibble from those finiky fish. I would recomend one to anyone! My dad and brother placed their order as soon as we got home!
Very nice pole.. RB

Offline Flypopper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:18 PM »
After reading about theses rods and all the positive comments on IS I had to try one.
All I can say is WOW somebody was thinking "out of the box" when they designed it and it WORKS!
Lots of fun and so light you can hardly tell your holding it.

Offline kevin g

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 11, 2010, 11:19 PM »
I used mine for the first time the other day and I caught a trout in about 3sec as I was puling out line and another in about 2min

Offline Gordo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:37 AM »
Just ordered one! Can't wait to give it a try. Been thinking for a while that a really short rod would be nice in the portable where it can get a bit crowded with my buddy and I. Can't get much shorter than this.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:59 PM »
How big of a jig can you use on them. Thinking of getting one for perch. Could replace the camera

Offline ChknChkn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 17, 2010, 11:59 PM »
Latest catch with the Marmish....MN winter trout opener last Friday.....

One fish at a time...........

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 21, 2010, 08:43 PM »
well i think i might just have to buy one of them now  :tipup:

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Jan 23, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Has anyone out one of their spring bobbers on a regular rod? How does it work? Thinking of getting a few.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #72 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Not sure I understand the qeustion Chuck?
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Jan 24, 2010, 08:30 PM »
They sell the adjustable spring bobbers that come on their rods. Was just wondering if they will fit on a regular ice rod. 

Offline eayore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:41 PM »
I've been using the marmish rod for panfish for the last three seasons. I can use them in waters up to 25' but it can be challenging past 15'. I carry 10 of them pre-rigged with my favorite jigs. FYI - insert a small piece of the fine red plastic tube you get from a WD40 sprayer into the rubber part the line goes through on the bobber. This will prevent the line from eventually cutting through the rubber.

Offline arcticcatz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Has anyone out one of their spring bobbers on a regular rod? How does it work? Thinking of getting a few.

YES i have a couple rigged up with the bobbers   you have to remove the rod tip to install them........

Offline Gordo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 27, 2010, 04:22 PM »
Got my Marmish Rod in the mail yesterday, and went directly out to the ice with a couple of buddies. It was even smaller than I expected, and looked like a toy.

I pulled it out to show my buddies, and they laughed at me.
I got it set up, caught 15 of the 24 fish that we kept, and I laughed at them.

Offline DeLiarDaRuler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:47 AM »
 HA! I'll keep my regular ice-rods. I don't have a problem catching my limit of fish lol. Those things are not appealing to me at all. Have fun though guys.  ;D Whatever floats your ice-shanty. :)

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #78 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:13 PM »
I will probably try one next year, why not, it's only money right? If I don't like it, eBay it.
That's pretty wise and pretty funny at the same time. :clap:I bought a vexilar this year and my reasoning was the same. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.