New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011  (Read 17390 times)

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
Re: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011
« Reply #60 on: Jan 26, 2011, 10:47 AM »
My g/f loves to go.  Even has all her own gear in pink.

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #61 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:19 PM »
i hear that Gamehog... i cant keep my girlfriend off the ice... shes got all her own stuff... she even bought me a new hut this year
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:39 PM »
my wife comes out once in a while she really digs it.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Scored another eye this am.  Buddy had a musky on that we couldn't fit up a 6" hole.  Good morning in all.  Fishing is warming up on schedule.

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #64 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:09 PM »
How ice the slush out there? Want to fish Prendergast Sat. morn.

Offline C-Bisket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' - it's what I useta do! "A LOT"
« Reply #65 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:21 PM »
How ice the slush out there? Want to fish Prendergast Sat. morn.

Keep an eye on this thread – it’s intent is just what you’re lookin’ for …

New York Fishing Reports And Conditions  - Chautauqua/Chautauqua

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=13651.0
***** USETA *****
Useta Fish a Lot
Useta Have No Problem With The Freezing Temps
Useta Catch a Lot of Fish
Useta Get Out No Matter What
Useta Blaze The Trail
Useta Cook / Eat Fish Once a Week
Useta Be a Regular Out There
*Still Fish Now and Then, But - Nothing Like I USETA *

Fishing, It's been like robbing banks for 40 years, and getting away with it - now's that time when I give it "ALL" back! - it's very redeeming!

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Slush is getting bad in spots, some areas none.

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:39 AM »
My wife just asked me if she can go again. She likes to fish also. Except she won`t bait hook or take fish off. No fair, lol.

Offline waltergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'To fish or not to fish' What a stupid question.
« Reply #68 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:08 AM »
My brother said we seen a girl out there befor I was like yeah and that was probably the only time she went haha ...Well I'm glad to see you guys are taking your girls out there Now when she gets a big fish take some pics ;D ...but really i was just saying the majority of this site is men ..I guess theres no shopping malls or night  clubs on the Lake  ::) hehe
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." Every fisherman or woman  has a story. Only a select few have proof.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:14 AM »
Lol,, or hair/nail/tanning salons.  Or vaccume,or dishes,or laundry.or I can go on and on.

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #70 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:18 AM »
Lol,, or hair/nail/tanning salons.  Or vaccume,or dishes,or laundry.or I can go on and on.

Brass you have there  ;D
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline waltergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:18 AM »
I must be crazy cause i would deffinitly rather go ice fishing then clean anything besides my fish to eat them  ;) Wish I could find some females that like to go but for the past few years I havn't found a single one  :( Oh Well I guess more fish for us  :clap:
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." Every fisherman or woman  has a story. Only a select few have proof.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Jan 27, 2011, 04:35 PM »
I also have a 7 year old daughter who loves to ice fish with her dad, I am enjoying it for now, because I know her interests in both me and fishing may be replaced when she reaches a certain age I sure hope in  a few years she will still be into this and have her own account here.

Offline 8POINT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 27, 2011, 05:03 PM »
anybody go fishing in mayville today? if so hows the snow on the ice? any fish to speak of?  ???

Offline Instantperception

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:48 PM »
anybody go fishing in mayville today? if so hows the snow on the ice? any fish to speak of?  ???

follow this link to the chautauqua reports and conditions.    you'll find what you are looking for  ;D

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=13651.0

Offline waltergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:03 AM »
I also have a 7 year old daughter who loves to ice fish with her dad, I am enjoying it for now, because I know her interests in both me and fishing may be replaced when she reaches a certain age I sure hope in  a few years she will still be into this and have her own account here.
    Well im past that certain age but I pretty much grew up at Chautauqua Lake My uncle owns 2 cottages out there and it was our weekend home till my grandfather got really sick and we couldn't go on the weekends ....I also enjoy open water fishing My brother and I used a friends kayaks and after catching our limit on crappies we purchased our own kayaks. I love fishing out of a kayak ...to keep her into it  try some new things maybe even a canoe if a big boat can't be bought. When Spring comes I can't wait to paddle into some bay's and see if the crappie are there again like last year  ;D

Offline fishfry95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:27 AM »
Is there still a bait shop around bemus point? I think it was called redwood ranch or something I would rather stop there on the way to thr north east side than drive all the way to the hooker

Offline Iceyvein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Is there still a bait shop around bemus point? I think it was called redwood ranch or something I would rather stop there on the way to thr north east side than drive all the way to the hooker
Hogan's Hut is on 394 right next to I-86, if you're coming from the I-90 raynors emporium is right on 394 in westfield, about a mile or 2 towards the lake after you get off the thruway

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:20 PM »
How much more snow for slush making?  Anyone want to guess what this storm will dump on us this week?
I thought that we might start getting rid of snow storms when lake Erie froze.  lol NOT!!! 

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Jan 31, 2011, 05:47 PM »
Hooked a pike this evening, thought it was a good eye. That's BS.  Global warming is BS.

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #80 on: Feb 01, 2011, 12:30 AM »
The slush was terrible Sunday. Went out of Midway, and was a foot deep. Ended up dragging hut back later, and joining a friend at Burtis. Slush was bad there also. Dragged his hut in, and had to go back out to help him pull his sled in. It looked like he was snow plowing with the sled. Worst drags I ever had. Fishing is definitely slower than the last 2 years. Ton`s of dinks.

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Feb 01, 2011, 05:13 AM »
Just keep releasing the dinks and help their numbers stay up there.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:42 AM »
Glad the freezing rain was not as bad as the forcast.  I hate when I'm tempted to drill in the driveway.  Anyone have any snow or ice reports for Western NY?

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Feb 02, 2011, 12:06 PM »
Not terrible here. An inch over night that froze up with this am rain.  Light snow with heavy winds now.

Offline Instantperception

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 02, 2011, 02:17 PM »
with regards to the 14" perch from chautauqua lake, i know if i caught some i would have seperate pics of those slobs for sure............ ;D

Offline Tundra Trekr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:16 PM »
with regards to the 14" perch from chautauqua lake, i know if i caught some i would have seperate pics of those slobs for sure............ ;D
Id tell Icekid not to worry about eyes when he could catch 14" perch w/ the KING! LOL!
Keep moving till you find'em.......They'll let you know!

Offline gomaco1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:47 PM »
is there atv access down by the bell tower

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:54 PM »
gomaco your best bet, and to keep the people of the institute happy would be to launch  mayville or prendergrast and drive to the bell tower. The parking is very limited and already way too crowded. I have seen people launch atv's here, but I personally do not think it is a good idea due to parking and the fact that it is private and can be yanked at any time. Also it is not a long walk to the productive area. I know it is slushy, but there is much better places to launch a machine.   

Offline gomaco1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:04 PM »
thanks a bunch ill do that

Offline flybuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Feb 02, 2011, 07:35 PM »
out of all the fish i caught this year i think these two  are the best, got to spend a couple hours out                                                                                               with the boy.....his first crappie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.