The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: georgia beach access  (Read 862 times)

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
georgia beach access
« on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:50 PM »
does not sound good for lake access at Georgia beach..new guy in charge Bob Larose.   #309-8739 called said gate got damaged can't open does not know when..waiting to here from insurance co. sure it would be same story if it was baseball season.   ::)

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: georgia beach access
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2019, 04:05 PM »
I don't understand why they even have a gate there... It's a public park, is it not? Almost every time I drive by there it's closed.

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2019, 04:13 PM »
we all need to call the town office # 524-9794  ask for the town administrator .... have talked to him in the past.  seems like a good guy.   found out Bob lives on georgia shore...what a surprise  ;D

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2019, 05:16 PM »
The gate should be opened or removed if damaged. I don't pay taxes to Georgia so I don't have standing but my Son in Law owns a home in Georgia and his taxes pay for that piece of town land. I'll see if he will call to have it opened as a concerned taxpayer. State did the same thing last year at North Hero state park and locked the gate during ice fishing season. Said it was for vandalism that was done but I don't buy it. Taxpayers should have access to the land they pay for.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2019, 05:36 PM »
yes you do have a say...it is a public rec area

Offline pikeslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Yeah, that gate is a pain, even in the summertime. Usually, I would just park on the side of the fence and walk down.

But, not sure if that's possible now with all the snow we got a few days ago :(

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2019, 06:32 PM »
i dont know about this place. here what happens is people drive in and tear the hell out of the place with tire tracks.

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2019, 06:39 PM »
It is a very large facility with baseball fields, tennis courts, bathrooms, snack bar and a boat launch with big parking lot. In the summer it is crawling with people enjoying the public recreation facility. I guess the liberal powers running Georgia approve of baseball but don't like ice fishing.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2019, 06:51 PM »
go to the select board.

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2019, 07:00 PM »
It is a very large facility with baseball fields, tennis courts, bathrooms, snack bar and a boat launch with big parking lot. In the summer it is crawling with people enjoying the public recreation facility. I guess the liberal powers running Georgia approve of baseball but don't like ice fishing.

I suspect it's more just them not wanting it to become a "hangout" with all the trash, needles, and shananigans that that comes along with in that area. Much like the Mill River Access area is. Still, it's public land, and it goes without saying it should be open to the public, as much as possible.

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:06 AM »
I plan on making a call Monday.. Hopefully it will get resolved.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:37 AM »
if that doesnt work. i would suggest calling the town and ask to be put on the selectboard meeting agenda for the next meeting. then talk to some of the members of the board ahead of time to find where they stand. having several tax payers support will help too. post about it on front porch forum. good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.