Author Topic: So it seems this is the Prince George BC section.  (Read 1291 times)

Offline argoholic

• IceShanty Rookie
So it seems this is the Prince George BC section.
« on: Jan 11, 2009, 02:20 AM »
Holy crap is there a line in the snow just south of Prince George where north of it you ice
fish and south you don't? ;D

I guess I need to go on a serious friggin trip if I want to icefish in this great province.
So much different in Ontario. So many city folk like I was take the hour drive north of Toronto to at least Simcoe. Thousands of easily excessable lakes not far from TO.

How far of a trip is it from Vancouver to Prince George?
Need some ice imported to Southern Vancouver Island

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Re: So it seems this is the Prince George BC section.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Just 8 hours north and you're in ice fishing heaven.
 :tipup: :icefish:

Offline Thunder Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2009, 12:16 PM »
 For some good Trout & Kokanee lakes,100 Mile area offers that ,plenty of hard water lakes around there and 4-5 hrs out of Vancouver,the Central Interior (Vernon area) offers good trout and a few Perch lks but your 4x4 will have to be lifted with lockers and some real tires for access to those hidden jewels in the winter time,there about 3 1/2 hrs away from Vancouver.
 Easy access at 100 Mile c/w accommodation's is Horse Lake(Bonanza Ranch) they have Lakers in there also,makes for a good base camp to go exploring to many other lakes in the area.

Offline remps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27' Rainbow anyone???
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Ya I grew up on the island and only heard of ice fishing from TV really. I'm also not very impressed with much fishing on the island in general unless it is for smallmouth bass, salmon or a few river systems (Cowichan in particular) though there are places where you can pick out huge dollys down there.
There's always a bigger fish... and I'm going to get it!

Offline argoholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:40 PM »
Yah that's the deal I guess, BC has tons of lakes but do to the mountains you need the equipment to get in. I have a great 4x4 and very reliable but I can't lift it. I need to be able to landscape out of the mother.  :)

Could be some serious winter trip to icefish but I may have to plan that for sure. I'm going to have to look up that ranch. Thanks.
Need some ice imported to Southern Vancouver Island

Offline Thunder Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:27 PM »
sorry about the ranch thing................. ..  http://www.cariboobonanza.com/main.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.