Author Topic: Looking good so far  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking good so far
« on: Nov 12, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Some nice hard freezes at night and sometimes all day through  :thumbsup: . Gear is ready and I don’t see the need for anything new unless it’s just a want to have. Got a a structure permit, so need to get busy on that.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking good so far
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Tackle & gear is lock and loaded to go. Should b on ice by the end of the month. Just hope KS will have a nice ice season this yr 👍🏻

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Getting antsy,  watching nebraska and south Dakota extended forecasts and getting the gear ready.

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Lovewell was locked up yesterday, and seeing coves of major reservoirs starting to lock up while out chasin fowl. Wont be long, the extended forecast has a few high 50's in it though that wont help any.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2018, 08:28 AM »
I’m not really expecting ice till late December-January but this cold front sure sucked the heat out for a good start. Creeks are iced over already, so that’s pretty early. Till then I’m taking the fly rod for trout today and maybe boat on Thursday for Crappies.

Offline gediger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Boy we sure seem to be off to a lot colder start than we have seen the last couple years. I'm really itching to get on the ice.

Offline nocsious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Creeks are pretty iced up here in KC metro area.  I honestly haven't even looked at a pond or lake in town.  If anything was locked up the snow load will ruin it anyhow.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Lots of ponds and creeks iced in the NE Topeka area. Lots of heat has been sucked from the larger lakes. But you all know KS for Artic conditions one day and Death Valley heat the next.

Offline Pomona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Keep your fingers crossed, next week forecast is looking good!

Offline gediger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Yeah next week is looking nice, certainly going to cool the water off some more.

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Mon - Sun with lows in the teens. We need to get those highs in the teens. Been my experiences that when we have 5 days of highs in the teens we are fishing by day 4 or 5. When the averages of highs and lows are still above 30 we wont be fishing. Right now we only have 3-5 days where the avgs are below 30s. If we are lucky enough to skim over and stayed skimmed without wind then we could be fishing sooner. looking at the forecast we dont have a single day with wind under 10mph.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.