The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: burt/mullet lakes  (Read 1417 times)

Offline pokin holes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Its gonna be a good day tater!"-Ron White
burt/mullet lakes
« on: Nov 12, 2018, 06:23 AM »
hey guys im from central Indiana and thinking about making a trip to burt mullet this winter. ive never been there so any info would be appreciated! places to stay, where to fish, guide service, just all the basic info. I know theres a lot of water to cover there. Thanks!

Offline Redshack

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: burt/mullet lakes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Hey bud,

Great Lakes. I can’t offer any advice on Burt, butninfish Mullet quite a bit in the summer.  I’d try 12-22 feet in front of Aloha State Park.  We slab the walleye there in the summer and regularly see good reports in the MI DNR fish reports for that area.

Also, the northwest end of the lake has a sunken island....comes up from 25 ft to about a 4’ large rock pile.  This is a popular spot in the winter as well.  FYI - Mullet and Burt take a while to freeze, they are super deep and have a pretty good river running through them.  I’d check with a local bait shop ref. ice conditions prior to your trip.

Good luck
🔴ReDsHaCK🔴

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:25 PM »
I have never hard water fished them. I have done well on Walleye on Mullet in the summer though. I know of some guys who do well out off Topinabee a couple hundred yards using slammers for the eyes and pike. Gonna be a while till hard ice though.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline pokin holes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Its gonna be a good day tater!"-Ron White
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2018, 07:46 PM »
I sure appreciate the info gentleman! I wondered if it would be late before it got hard enough to walk on just due to its size! Thanks!!

Offline Fishmongerlyndon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:16 AM »
I've Fished Burt quite a bit for perch and walleye, even the odd brown or rainbow. maple bay in about 20-25 foot of water is a good starting point. There's also a public launch on the east side of the lake but parking is super limited, you really need a sled or a utv to get to anywhere good. Tightlines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.