Author Topic: Time to wake up!  (Read 2375 times)

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Time to wake up!
« on: Nov 05, 2018, 11:26 AM »
It's November, ice can't be far away. The weather looks to take a colder turn next week. I've been pulling the gear out a little at a time, and charging the batteries. Did battle with some mice setting up house in one shanty, evicted. Lusting after some new toys but haven't had the time to go shopping, hunting is in the way.  :) As well as that pesky work.  :P

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Time to wake up!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2018, 11:35 AM »
I’m itching as well. I’ve got the week before Christmas off. My fingers are crossed!

-Eric

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2018, 11:54 AM »
Gear is ready to go. I have 10 days off in a row in February and half that time will be spent in NH on like winni. Looking forward to my first derby. Anyone going up there as well?
Just add water.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:16 PM »
I’m itching as well. I’ve got the week before Christmas off. My fingers are crossed!

-Eric

Let's hope we get the same December cold snap as last year, and that it lasts through February.  :tipup:

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Gear is ready to go. I have 10 days off in a row in February and half that time will be spent in NH on like winni. Looking forward to my first derby. Anyone going up there as well?

Never been to Winni-pa-whatever!!! Who can spell the full name of that lake?  ;D I understand it's a nice lake to icefish, and that tournament is very well attended. Pretty sure some guys from CT go every year.

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:27 PM »
I hope so. The December/January we had last year was quite the anomaly. I feel I shouldn’t complain because it was so cold just after new year’s that almost everywhere was fishable. It was a bummer that my last day on the ice was February 20th though. It was SO good right then but we were fishing in 50 degree weather. I would have loved another couple weeks.

-Eric

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2018, 03:57 PM »
Lol. Today I took out my new tip-ups just to look at. Almost time to put the kayak away.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Started pulling stuff out , but hunting first. Not liking long range winter forecast much. >:(

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Lol. Today I took out my new tip-ups just to look at. Almost time to put the kayak away.

I was hoping to get the yak out this weekend but it was too cold I think I’m done. I saw 24 degrees in the forecast so I came here lol, I’m ready for some ice.

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2018, 08:38 PM »
Yep, looking at temps and winds, tomorrow my be my last shot at getting out in the Yak.
Stopped at Dick’s today to see if their Heritage Laker tip-ups we’re out and on sale. They were out but not on sale. Getting anxious to get the ice going.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 2018, 06:35 PM »
Hello Iceshanty \m/    I am ready to jig it baby  :P  :icefish:

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Headed to Niantic for a tog trip on Monday morning and it was 24 degrees in Shelton. I kept fighting my truck it wanted to head north on Rt8! A couple more weeks and I can really think ice.

I missed all of last season due to a hip replacement so am definitely looking forward to a good year!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2018, 01:35 PM »
Headed to Niantic for a tog trip on Monday morning and it was 24 degrees in Shelton. I kept fighting my truck it wanted to head north on Rt8! A couple more weeks and I can really think ice.

I missed all of last season due to a hip replacement so am definitely looking forward to a good year!

How did it go? I live in niantic and have found the tog to be moving to deeper stuff so I can reach the big ones anymore on the kayak.

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2018, 04:00 PM »
My son and I kayak fish out of Niantic. However, today I cleaned them up and put them away. It is time to do an ice dance and fish the hard water.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2018, 04:48 PM »
My son and I kayak fish out of Niantic. However, today I cleaned them up and put them away. It is time to do an ice dance and fish the hard water.

Almost 50 and sunny Saturday and water temps are still above 50, I think I'm going to give it one last shot.  This weather today though has me thinking about ice for sure.

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2018, 04:56 PM »
How did it go? I live in niantic and have found the tog to be moving to deeper stuff so I can reach the big ones anymore on the kayak.

We did well, actually launched out of 4 mile and fished in 20-25 fow. The bottom fish is 23" long...no scale but it was a beast.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2018, 03:40 AM »
Nice fish

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2018, 02:11 PM »
Wow nice, that looks like a 10 to me.  Imagine trying to jig those up though the ice lol.

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2018, 02:49 PM »
Blacks are the best tasting fish I've ever eatin. Nice mess of fish you have there.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Nov 16, 2018, 10:52 AM »
We did well, actually launched out of 4 mile and fished in 20-25 fow. The bottom fish is 23" long...no scale but it was a beast.

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice Frank.  I have a freezer full myself.

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2018, 07:42 PM »
yeah buddy...good haul over the rail..did the same 2 weeks ago with fishindog too end the boating season for mb3..mighty tasty for sure .hopeing for some good ice soon..keep the crap snow up nort

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 16, 2018, 08:15 PM »
Nice haul Spanky. Time to tie some new leaders.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2018, 10:20 PM »
Nice Frank.  I have a freezer full myself.

One last meat trip to block island Sunday for more tog and seabass. Hopefully some cod will be tossed in the mix. Then its on to the hard water
got a few baits ready for first ice pike and musky

Go big or go home

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #23 on: Nov 17, 2018, 03:18 AM »

One last meat trip to block island Sunday for more tog and seabass. Hopefully some cod will be tossed in the mix. Then its on to the hard water

Good luck out there. I am hearing good things with the cod.
Just add water.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Well I did t find a 10 but got a nice one, I’m done now, on to some ice

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Nice! Real nice. We will have dry suits next year so we can extend our season. Good job and nice picture.

Offline BigCountry17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 19, 2018, 10:10 AM »

Hey There,

I use to go up for years to the Winni Derby then kinda fell off....Started back up last year with some buddies.....We got a nice set up and usually fish for cusk pretty hard....Has good luck last year with them...Makes for nice fried fish tacos.
Tight Lines...Grill Going...Beer In Hand....Life is Good!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Nov 19, 2018, 10:21 AM »

Ed I'd say bring those up but I got checked last year!

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #28 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:50 PM »
I've already been tinkering with my favorite tipups. Hoping for a productive season.  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.