The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Carmi Report, 3/11/18  (Read 738 times)

Offline Doublehaul85

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Carmi Report, 3/11/18
« on: Mar 12, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Fished Carmi with a buddy Sunday morning, stopped at JR's bait shop and grabbed mediums, hit the lake at the campsite boat launch and headed north towards the first point. I set a row of tip-ups paralleling shore, and my buddy set a row heading straight out into the lake. Picked up a few nice perch, but otherwise a slow morning. Definitely want to keep trying the lake as long as I can, and I gotta say that might be a while. I would guess the ice was about 14" thick. I couldn't believe it. Almost as much snow on top of the ice, and it snowed on us the whole time. If anyone has info on lake location to find walleye, it would be appreciated. Tight lines!
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for. - Old Man and the Sea

Offline jonny jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Carmi Report, 3/11/18
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2018, 08:30 PM »
If u leave the state boat landing on the right u will see a point pass that point that whole shore line down to the next point is good wallie fishing stay in 20 -17 feet of water i use to do good half hour before dark you could catch your limit but for the last 3 years it’s been slow fishing them good luck

Offline dbldnii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2018, 07:24 AM »
spent the night on the ice last friday hoping to get a walleye but nothing happened until I caught a perch at 4am.  only one more perch until 6:15 when 4 flags popped at the same time.  the bite was steady all day after that.  Jumbo perch and a couple small pike.  cant complain about the action in Carmi and I hope to fish at least one more time before the ice goes out. 
Fish on

Offline RJT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Don't forget....there is a walleye season :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.