The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Perch lures?  (Read 6122 times)

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
Re: Perch lures?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2017, 07:05 AM »
Ducks and dogs I use Pete's Tackle Shops Jigs. for Canyon Ferry I would use Tail Danzers, Slayers, & Pete's Disco Wobbler's or his lead Maggot set up drop shot style oh and the Cascade Wonder is the 1/8th just catches big fish.
(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

SORRY But not one of those pics was taken on CF. Try again.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Tinker

« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2017, 08:53 AM »
I just got a response from my warden friend and he said that a lure with multiple hooks is considered one hook.
Yep right there at the top of page 21 of the fishing regs.  Lots of good info it the regs, but I do still check with FWP sometimes to be sure.  I have e-mailed them a few times using the "contact us" feature on the web page and usually get a response within a day or two.   

Offline Open-Handed Fish Slap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:14 AM »
I don't know how I ended up on this post from 2000 miles away, but we have gone over this same hook issue many times in our area.  The way it has been broken down is that any device intended to catch one fish is one hook, so a jigging rap with a nose hook a tail hook and a treble hanging off the belly is considered one hook, while something like a Sabiki rig, although all on one line, is intended to catch multiple fish so is considered multiple hooks.  And I'm not really into perch, or jigging for that matter, but when I get the urge I toss a Sweedish pimple down the hole and it's pretty much foolproof. 
It's like tailgating with the possibility of catching a fish!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:34 AM »
I've had good luck with Hali-jigs in the smallest size, if I remember right they were 25mm, number 2 Swedish Pimples in the chrome color with the green prism stripe, number 10 Marmooskas (orange and chartreuse was my best color), and Forage Minnows in the 1/16 ounce size and perch color.  I tip all of these with a waxie or spike. 

Offline Jim F

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 14, 2017, 10:04 AM »
SORRY But not one of those pics was taken on CF. Try again.
Learn to read, he did not say the pics where CF, he said he would use ... there
You missed the period .
Get bit!

Offline REDin13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:10 AM »
ducks n dogs

after reading all the post, I have a suggestions. consider taking the family to the holding reservoir up by Helena. it has a decent perch population in it as well as kokanee. since the reservoir is much smaller than canyon ferry, you could get around it much easier in locating fish. there are vault toliets and your vehicle would be closer to where you set up on the ice. Cheers and good luck.

Offline BK_Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Agreed Jim F, Pete is a sponsor of the Montana board and makes excellent tackle that catches perch. I own plenty of it, and it's better quality and about half the price of similar tackle, not to mention it's produced locally in the state of Montana. DucksAndDogs has never ice fished perch before and wants some guidance as far as tackle if I read this thread correctly.....so I don't see the relevance of the fish not being caught in Canyon Ferry and a board sponsor promoting the tackle he makes that catches perch ??? ??? ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.