The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Outstanding Eskimo (Ardisam) customer service  (Read 838 times)

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
Outstanding Eskimo (Ardisam) customer service
« on: Dec 05, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Just a little story on Eskimo (Ardisam) customer service...

I ordered a new Eskimo Mako from Amazon last week.  I downloaded the Mako instruction manual .pdf from the Eskimo website, followed the instructions and had a gallon of 20:1 premix ready for when my Mako arrived.  When the auger arrived yesterday afternoon, I found it needed 50:1, not the 20:1 mentioned in the obviously outdated on-line manual.  No big deal.

Also, the Mako arrived with the auger shaft sticking out of the box.  The auger bolt was laying right next to the hole in the box and it was darn lucky it didn't fall out in transport.  After setting up the auger, starting it and doing some break-in running, I went back inside to take care of the packing materials.  I found some small broken pieces of black plastic in the box. 

It turns out the auger, through its movement in the box, had contacted the power head and broke pieces off the airbox cover and airbox base, creating a small open spot where unfiltered air can enter the carb.

Last night, I filled out a comment form on the Eskimo site and suggested they update the on-line manual and improve the packaging of the auger.  I planned to call them today to see if they would replace the broken parts.  This morning, I received an e-mail from them offering to do so!  I sent the serial number of the auger and a copy of my invoice from Amazon.  After lunch, I received another e-mail from them with an order number and a note that the parts were being shipped today.  I never had to pick up the phone.

This is the kind of service we expect, but rarely receive.  Kudos to Eskimo!

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Outstanding Eskimo (Ardisam) customer service
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2017, 02:04 PM »
Eskimo has always been a great company. Glad you were able to experience that.
<===Lefty===

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Outstanding Eskimo (Ardisam) customer service
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2017, 02:21 PM »
Nice to hear they are taking care of you and thanks for sharing the good side of a company. To often all we hear is the negitive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.