Author Topic: New to Sd ice fishing  (Read 1741 times)

Offline csjohanson

• IceShanty Rookie
New to Sd ice fishing
« on: Nov 27, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Hi, From Nebraska where its 70+ today we are setting record temps today. I hate it.
Im new to ice fishing in SD but last year in late middle December I was able to make 1 trip to lake poinsett. Managed to get a few nice perch and the smallest walleye ice ever caught in my life :thumbsup: lol. I'm hoping to make a few trips back somewhere up there this year because it looks like it will be awhile till ice here.
 I did enjoy how cheap bait was when i was there. We pay $4+ for a dozen minnows here and they count them 1 by 1 >:(.
   Good luck everyone!! Hope to be headed north sooner than later!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New to Sd ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2017, 11:24 PM »
Hi, From Nebraska where its 70+ today we are setting record temps today. I hate it.
Im new to ice fishing in SD but last year in late middle December I was able to make 1 trip to lake poinsett. Managed to get a few nice perch and the smallest walleye ice ever caught in my life :thumbsup: lol. I'm hoping to make a few trips back somewhere up there this year because it looks like it will be awhile till ice here.
 I did enjoy how cheap bait was when i was there. We pay $4+ for a dozen minnows here and they count them 1 by 1 >:(.
   Good luck everyone!! Hope to be headed north sooner than later!!

I have three major out-of-states trips planned for this season but hope to make it down to Nebraska and the Sandhills too if I can!  :tipup:

Offline csjohanson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:11 AM »
I have three major out-of-states trips planned for this season but hope to make it down to Nebraska and the Sandhills too if I can!  :tipup:
The sandhills are unique and are often a blast! It's always my first trip of the year because it always the first place that gets safe ice!! I haven't ever been a pike guy but this year I'm going to give it a try. I figured i just as well beens there are some monster those lakes! :tipup:

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2017, 02:38 PM »
The Hills also has some good size gills in em too

Offline csjohanson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:13 AM »
The Hills also has some good size gills in em too
Yes they definitely do!! That's usually what I go for they are so dang tasty!!

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Bluegills are the best!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Koldnrg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2017, 09:51 AM »
Looking to make it up to SD this year as well.  I'm up here in the sandhills and we do have some nice fish, but I want to try my hand at a lake trout through the ice at pactola for some reason. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.