The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Correct drill for k drill  (Read 1187 times)

Offline permit

• IceShanty Rookie
Correct drill for k drill
« on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Need to buy a drill for my new 6 inch k drill.  Lowes has a 24v brushless drill with a handle for sell at 140 dollars.  Will this work?  Trying to save some money. What drills do you use?  Thanks for NY INPUT.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Correct drill for k drill
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:00 AM »
i have a buddy who runs his kdrill on a old xrp dewalt 18v nicad drill.  he doesnt' get a ton of holes out of it. maybe 100 in of ice on 1 battery but for us that can be 10-20 holes.  he has 2 batteries he takes.  he'd originally had a lazer for a few years but has used the kdrill for the past 2 years and the drill is still ticking. 

i say all that to say that while have a huge rpm, brushless drill makes a big difference, its certainly not a requirement.   i run a 2704 Milwaukee and it cuts and cuts and cuts. 

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Correct drill for k drill
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:07 AM »
i have a buddy who runs his kdrill on a old xrp dewalt 18v nicad drill.  he doesnt' get a ton of holes out of it. maybe 100 in of ice on 1 battery but for us that can be 10-20 holes.  he has 2 batteries he takes.  he'd originally had a lazer for a few years but has used the kdrill for the past 2 years and the drill is still ticking. 

i say all that to say that while have a huge rpm, brushless drill makes a big difference, its certainly not a requirement.   i run a 2704 Milwaukee and it cuts and cuts and cuts.

Dewalt makes an adapter ...but would suggest searching for larger battery 4ah w/charger

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dca1820
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.