Author Topic: Inline Reel compare please  (Read 1255 times)

Offline haugboss

• IceShanty Rookie
Inline Reel compare please
« on: Nov 20, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Can anybody please compare the new one 3 decent inline Reel with the number 8 tackle reel.
Thanks in advance
Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Inline Reel compare please
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2017, 07:31 PM »
I've got both.  No ice to fish with the one 3 yet, but they seem identical other than the soft touch finish and the spool quick release button on the one 3.  I only took one of them out of the package and like most CGI's it felt smooth, but like it could use some oil.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2017, 07:43 PM »
I spoke with the 13 guys about it at the show, and those are the only differences. The finish and the quick release on the spool.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2017, 09:50 PM »
Can anybody please compare the new one 3 decent inline Reel with the number 8 tackle reel.
Thanks in advance

The CGI no. 8 and the 13 fishing decent are the same reel....the difference is the 13 fishing is coated with a rubber type coating.....prices are the same in stores.

Just a tip guys......LUCAS reel oil........all I can say is WOW. Once applied the more you reel it with Lucas oil applied the smoother it gets.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Just for everyone knowledge NO.8 and 13 fishing are sister companies ,NO.8 is the cheaper line of fishing gear. Sorry Haugboss but do not own either reel so can not comment on any differences in appearance or performance.
Steve

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2017, 10:30 PM »
No 8 is actually re-branding as One3 Fishing going forward

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2017, 05:40 AM »
Just a tip guys......LUCAS reel oil........all I can say is WOW. Once applied the more you reel it with Lucas oil applied the smoother it gets.

Thanks for recommendation. ^^^^

Like stated before, it's just a difference in the materials. I cannot compare the the differences between the in-lines for ya. I only own the "Black Betty 6061", it has a push button to engage the spool and is made out of CNC machined 6061 aluminum. Has really nice "fender" on it that is simple to fish with gloves on.

I do know the "Free Fall" series has a trigger like system vice the push button to engage/disengage the spool. The plain "Black Betty" is just a straight forward inline. No drag on it and you "back reel" to drop your line.

I will tell ya though I have six 13 Fishing (two of which are No. 8 - spinning reels) reels between my ice and open water stuff. I have nothing bad to say about them. I think you will be happy with whatever decision you make based upon your budget.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2017, 07:47 AM »
No 8 is actually re-branding as One3 Fishing going forward

The decent came in a package that had 13 fishing on it. I would be suprised if they did away with No. 8

Offline Dakota-Lew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2017, 10:15 AM »
I run all CGI # 8, there is a thread on here about cleaning them and using TSI 321 oil, i did that and they are awesome. My only complaint about them is the drag is a little jump, so if your a lake trout guy i would just go to a president and be done with it. Other then that i have pulled in some monsters with them, just play them out. For the price point they are extremely hard to beat, i wont be looking at a new reels for a long time.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2017, 10:49 AM »
The decent came in a package that had 13 fishing on it. I would be suprised if they did away with No. 8
They did no 8 is now one three fishing.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2017, 10:10 PM »
They did no 8 is now one three fishing.
Keep it safe! JDL

I'll need to check into it more.....I think that is just a rumor. No 8 tackle company is still up and going. 13 fishing has the decent on its website....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.