The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait/tackle shops in Bemidji  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Beerman44

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait/tackle shops in Bemidji
« on: Nov 02, 2017, 07:33 AM »
Ice nuts from Boise ID making a second trip to NW MN for ice adventure in January. Flying into Fargo then driving over to Bemidji. Last year I got some bait and last minute tackle at Gander Mtn plus Tabers Bait. With Gander having gone out of business (still looks like they haven't re-opened anywhere yet) and I read where Tabers closed in Sept. as the owners retired, I am looking for advice on a bait and tackle shop. I found a couple of shops in Detroit Lakes which we will be traveling through enroute but would appreciate any recommendations for shops in Bemidji.

Offline Ethan C

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We need some ice!!!
Re: Bait/tackle shops in Bemidji
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2017, 01:38 PM »
I am currently a sophmore Bemidji State and I heard that L&M Fleet will soon be getting minnows, they also have lots of ice tackle, other then that there is Cenex gas station and bait shop south of town at the intersection of 71 and 2.
Hope this helps.
Where's the ice bro?

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2017, 05:14 AM »
Beerman44,
I just moved here from Idaho Falls myself.  I hope you catch some fish while you are here.  I will also have some friends coming from Idaho in January to do some fishing.  L&M will have minnows by the time you get here.  But also Smokey Hills on 71 outside of Park Rapids has bait.  Which I'm assuming you would be driving by since you are coming from Fargo.  Also Cenex south Bemidji on 71 has bait. Hope this helps   
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline English

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:52 PM »
Delaney's in Park Rapids has pretty much everything you might need as well.

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2017, 06:38 PM »
There is a bait and tackle shop on the south end of town on highway 2 I believe

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2017, 04:11 PM »
Beerman44,
I just moved here from Idaho Falls myself.  I hope you catch some fish while you are here.  I will also have some friends coming from Idaho in January to do some fishing.  L&M will have minnows by the time you get here.  But also Smokey Hills on 71 outside of Park Rapids has bait.  Which I'm assuming you would be driving by since you are coming from Fargo.  Also Cenex south Bemidji on 71 has bait. Hope this helps

You won't be going through park rapids, unless you decide to take a detour, you go on back roads up and around through two inlets. Anyway, as you come into Bemidji on 71 that Cenex is on the right and has bait and tackle.

Offline Ethan C

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We need some ice!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2017, 02:45 PM »
A new bait shop just opened earlier this week, Destination Sporting Goods, it’s on Paul Bunyan Drive and has all the bait and tackle. Just heard today that’s it’s now open.
Where's the ice bro?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.