Author Topic: Derby ends  (Read 899 times)

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
Derby ends
« on: Mar 12, 2017, 09:46 PM »
Well another great iceshanty derby has ended. Has been a good derby. Some awesome fish. BC placed first in burbot-(with a monster burbot)-nicely done first cast, trout and lake trout..

I thought I was doing good with a 40.75" lake trout but a couple 42"ers beat me. Seems 2" is a lot once the fish get to that size..

Good times, still over 2 feet of solid ice no layers anywhere ive been. One lake recently had rite to the bottom of the power auger head- if 6" more would abeen chopping an area to get lower or an auger extension woulda been needed..Still lotsa time left to chase some bigguns..   :icefish:

upload png

~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Re: Derby ends
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2017, 12:22 AM »
 :). BC got 2nd in youth rainbow too

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Ya nice bow Lil Guppy.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seems like the derby went by really fast this year as there is  still about 2 feet of solid ice on the lakes.
Bring on the T-shirt ice fishing days soon.. 
 :icefish:
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2017, 09:58 AM »
Yea Ian The ice conditions were great this year but warm temps are makeing it very wet now and hard to get around. Some very nice fish entered this year.I was blowen away to see that burbot come on the ice. It was hooked deep and bleeding so I did not release it as I do all my fish that I can. Congrats to all the winners. Hope to see ya next year. Tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.