Author Topic: Hit the derby this weekend...  (Read 785 times)

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hit the derby this weekend...
« on: Feb 13, 2017, 01:20 AM »
My buddies and I made it to the Winni Derby once again. Had a great time but the fishing was real slow. Couldn't get out to our normal spot for the second year in a row. Where we were the ice went from 12 in to 2. Still littered the cove where we were at with a lot of tip ups. Very sad about the people who passed away on the big lake. The snow made the ice very unpredictable in areas. Damn shame about the boy. I'll share some of the pics from our crew to the RI page because it's been a crappy year hear. Be safe everyone and check as you go where ever you go. Tight lines.

Our buddie Paul

Gino!

Me

The Russian

The lake Winni Crew...Cheers

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Hit the derby this weekend...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:14 AM »
Looks like a great trip Ballbag! I have been wanting to do this Tourney for a few years now but I have no idea where to even start with such a big lake. Any suggestions on Towns to fish, places to stay, etc? Maybe I can start planning for next year. I Fish Winni during the summer for smallmouth so I am very familiar with the lake but I never targeted trout or lakers. I have a general idea on how to fish for them and where to find them during the ice season. Do you guys stick around the party or head else where?

I also heard about the tragic events, horrible.
Just add water.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Book a trip with you yo adrien on the new Hampshire. Board

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2017, 01:51 PM »
That's a good way to learn about the lake...yo Adrian. He's got lots of pictures with people he guides out on Winni. Need to book early because it fills up especially when the ice is good. I learned through my buddie from fishing different parts of the lake for years now. We are just lucky to have a friend with a house on the lake. And yes we party all weekend! Cooking, drinking, and lots of laughs! Just need to be careful and keep an eye out for each other.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2017, 08:58 PM »
very reasonable lots of fun catch fish or you dont pay I would sleep in my van but when I went with sons and grandson I stayed at lazy E&H very happy with them they put 4 of us up in a small apt 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.