Author Topic: Good spot for kids???  (Read 1073 times)

Bou

Good spot for kids???
« on: Dec 04, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Well the little one is now 3 1/2 years old, time to get her out fishing.  Any advice on a good spot close to PG?  Size of fish not important, just need good chance of action, as her attention span is well, that of a 3 year old.  Also has to be easy accesss.
BTW Pitbell I just got my new T3 in 7mm...

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Good spot for kids???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2005, 06:26 PM »
Heh Bou welcome aboard. Nice to see some new blood. If you want to catch lots of fish and don't want to eat them then Nukko lake by the community Rec hall is great. Easy walk of maybe 150-200 yards. Lots of peamouth (Which make great ling bait or cat food) or northern pikeminnow aka squawfish.
West lake can also be good for action but you must go out quite a way from shore. Maybe 400 yards out in the middle of lake. You can also get the occasional rainbow there.
Let us know what fish you are interested in. Pitbell would know where to go if you know him ;D

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: Good spot for kids???
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Purden or Tabor are also good ones for kids. You'll catch a million fish on Tabor and you can usually nail a rainbow or two in a days fishin. Eaglet is also good for lots of coarse fish and you might get into some rainbows there too.

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.