Author Topic: Gravelpit Nov. 27th  (Read 1074 times)

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Gravelpit Nov. 27th
« on: Nov 28, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Was a slow start to the day but once I figured out where they were I hit 6 in less than 90 minutes. It was soooooo damn good to get that first solid connection!! Whoooeee that was nice. The first was a slim 12" fish which I promptly sent to the trout infested waters above. Rest were about 13". Got one that was really nice. About 14 1/2" and fat. All released.
If you're not a fan of the sound of cracking ice you might want to give it another week or so. She was a bit angry with my early intrusion :o Lots of popping and groaning. Don't put all your gear in the same spot......ahhhh what else.....they didn't like worms....they liked flies ;D Did it again with the summertime tricks. I love hardwater fishin yeeehawww. Got 2 in a row on the secret X fly. Good to be back on the ice. Anyone hear anything about how the ice is at Vivian or Ferguson? I have a feeling Ferguson is safe now but can't be sure. Working and schooling the rest of the week but might get out next tuesday or wednesday? Will post pics in a week or so. Going to finish off this roll of film and will post wolf pics with it.
Take 'er easy
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Gravelpit Nov. 27th
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Did you tell your dad you walked on water. ;D The cracking is great news, that just means the ice is getting thicker. Congrats on your fish catching :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: Gravelpit Nov. 27th
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Sure didn't sound like it was getting thicker :o Sounded like she was going to fall out from under me!

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.