Author Topic: Horses and icefishing.  (Read 1561 times)

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Horses and icefishing.
« on: Mar 25, 2005, 12:04 AM »
I have gone in past out with friend by horseback into some really great lakes. Anyone else in BC fish this way?

Heh Terrygonefishing. I got a line on some horses we could rent to get us back to my monster ling lake. Give me a call and I also need to know your work schedule in Dec - Jan. We can tentatively book. We will work around your schedule but he said should be no problem then as no one rides much at that time of year. Hope the old cabin is still standing. If we go, I promise you can show the Manitoba lads some 45-48 inch, 20-25lb Burbot.

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Horses and icefishing.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Icechip that is hardcore 8) 8) 8) Sounds like a lot of fun!! Now I don't care about the friendly competition I just want to see some monster ling that size.My biggest was only 35.5" but fat no idea how much she weighed.

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2005, 06:03 PM »
45-48" burbot on horseback huh???...sounds like horsechips to me!!! ;D ;D...bring one in anywhere in the range you describe, and Grump will personally fly up and eat one RAW!!!....now thats a challenge..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Still think you know how to ride a horse icechip :woot: :woot: Just bugging you.
Yeah he keeps telling me Grump of all the BIG burbot in his lake. How long has it been since you were last there icechip? 15 yrs? Alot can change in 15 yrs, especially your back. But if your up for the journey, I certainly am. As long as I don't have to pack you back. I'm not much for horses. Understand your concern for keeping your spot hidden. Check with the horse guy and see if we can play it by ear. Don't want to head in if its -45 and heavy winds. We could listen for weather report and go by that.

WOW Grump, that sounds like a challenge. Would you prefer the skin on or off??? :roflmao: :roflmao:
If your going to fly up we could take you fishing in gods country. We don't fish from inside a nice warm and cozy shanty like you have. Could you handle it?

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2005, 05:01 PM »
TGF......let me know when the horsechips are going to fly.... ;D ;D...gawd....horses and Grump dont get along, but if i have to.....i will.....back to the sushi.....prefer mine skinned....i will bring along some dried seaweed to make some BC Rolls.....aka as California rolls......with the Prince George twist.....burbot!!!! ;D ;D ;D...45-48" rolls sound good to me....now lets get it ON!!!!.....Grump :roflmao: :woot: :woot:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:35 PM »
We will have a bit of a wait Grump till next season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.