Author Topic: Pitbells CHAR  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
Pitbells CHAR
« on: Mar 03, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Early in the morning and pitbell gets the only fish of the day 8)

[/img]
We live to fish!

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pitbells CHAR
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2005, 03:48 PM »
awesome fish :o :o :o :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Pitbells sunset

[/img]
We live to fish!

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2005, 09:32 AM »
I'm back! Computers fixed! Send me those pics Whisk! ;D

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2005, 11:55 AM »
 :o :o :o DUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! You guys got the hotspot eh!!!!! Niiiiiiice fish!! What did it weigh?? Did you release him or keep him?? Was it on that same CS again? Damned man! Way to go pitbell!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Thank you, thankyou.... I would like to thank all the little people.
Actually, Whiskey seems to find all the hot spots. The bigger fish was 22lbs (Whiskey's) The smaller Laker (mine) was around 12lbs.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2005, 01:29 PM »
I would have said 15 just from lookin but man there's surely nothin to complain about there. Those things are a blast to catch on open water. Can't wait to try one thru the ice! later
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2005, 01:19 AM »
WHAT A JIP!  daren & I got skunked for the first time this year. Every time we have gone out someone hase got something. That trend has officially stoped, and we are not happy :unsure:
We live to fish!

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2005, 10:33 AM »
It happens.... we'll have to make up for it next time. What days do you have off this week Whisk? We should go check out P*&%#@. I'm going to try to e-mail you a picture off that spot we talked about. Let me know if it works!
Later

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2005, 11:49 PM »
Heh Pitbell, welcome back buddy. You should have been out there today. One of your buddies landed a beauty. Not quite as big as Whiskeys but just 1 lbs behind. 4 lakers came thru the ice at the spot you saw me in my portable shanty in the little bay. I slipped over to the estates and there was no kokanee there so no lakers around. I stayed for an hour and saw no baitfish on the vex so went back to the spot down from the yaught club. There is a heck of a lot of muddy run off coming down the hill. Maybe messing up the fishing.

I have the last few weeks in May off. Maybe we could rendezvous at my cabin and fish the Yankee islands. Talk it over with Whiskey and see if you guys can meet me out there and maybe even for a few days. I talked with Daryl today and he is keen. My cabin sleeps 10 so lots of room. Will you be guiding then? All you team PG members are invited. Just have to come up by boat. If you want a bear there is usually lots around. Anyways guys let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm planning on going to Dragon lake on Thursday. Probably have to take the hip waters to get onto the ice. Anyone know how the ice is there?

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:31 AM »
You can bet me and Whisk will be in for that trip. I dont start guiding untill May 27th.
How was the fishing out there? The Ling fishing has been poor. Just little squeekers ???  I'm hoping it will pick up when the Kokanee start spawning. Starting to figure the Lakers out. Slowly but surely. How deep of water were those lakers in? We hooked ours in 85ft of water? Seems kinda deep.
Later.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2005, 03:00 PM »
Yeah I was in 78 ft of water and Daryl caught his in 84ft. That seemed to be where the kokanee were. They are full of eggs right now.
Ling fishing was OK in Stuart but generally small when compared to last year. Still waiting for that 40 incher. Did get a couple of 4-5lbers at Coocoo.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Hey TGF, question for ya........have you been by gravelpit lately?? I'm thinking about heading out there on sunday but I don't know how the ice is.........does it look OK? Anyone?? Thanks
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I'm sure its fine. But I will be driving by there in a couple of hours so will let you know. It seems to be one of the last low level lakes to go. I was on Dragon in Quesnel this am and had to walk over 4 ft of open water out to the ice. Wished I had my ladder instead of putting on the waders.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Thanks dude much appreciated. How was dragon? Did you get anything of any size?? I found out that those little brookies that they stocked gravelpit with are all female 3N so it should be awesome come next fall. I thought I'd get out and see if I couldn't nail a couple of monsters. Never fished it this late in the season. Want to see if it is any good. Thanks again
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Lots of Rainbows from 2-3.5lbs apparently yesterday. I could only fish for 3 hrs today and was skunked. Locals said it was a very poor day. I listened to the locals and fished with their favorite combination. Should have dropped my marmish larvae down the hole when I saw a big one cruise thru on the Vex. Oh well, thats fishing.

Gravel Pit lake: I went down to walk on the ice there. There is some water on top of ice on south shore but should cause no problem as not that big. There is an open water ring of 18 inches around the shore. I just stepped over it and onto the ice but I'm 6ft 4inches and have a long stride. If your worried you could bring a plank or ladder. There is actually a log that spans out quite a ways from shore. You could get on there if problems elsewhere. The big log is to the left southerly shore before the water on ice. I'm sure you will have no problem. May want to bring your ice picks in case you go thru. I'm sure you will be fine judging by the weather forecast. Should be good for another week.

I'm surprised PGKris that you don't usually fish the late season last ice. I find this the best time for alot of fish. I have even took my waders and got into my belly-boat and kicked my way to the ice edge about 20ft out. Then used my ice picks to drag myself another 20 ft to safe ice. You couldn't tell the people having a picnic on shore that the ice was safe. They wanted to phone the parks board on me. It was phenomenal fishing though. I had my limit in 1/2 hr and left a fish for them to cook on their campfire.

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2005, 12:28 AM »
Pitbell you misssssed out B I T C H ! I had a 3 lbr and lost a 3lbr, I seen 3 10lbrs befor we left @ 4:pm Lost of action at pOOOOOO lake BY POOOOO corner  ;)2 ;)2
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Oh Whiskey, your such a pooo disturber. ::) ::) ::)
That spot we were at yesterday is such a pooey spot today. No as many fish on the Vex today when compared to yesterday. Hence the lake lives up to its reputation of being hot and cold.

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2005, 02:29 AM »
We're going to disturbe some poo on Tuesday. I think the poo will be ripe for some disturbing. Are you in? I plan to stay out all day long ond wallow in the poo pool
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 2005, 10:38 AM »
I may drop down and see what you boys have stirred up.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2005, 11:15 AM »
The bro's were out yesterday morning. They said with the wind it was to cold to fish. Uncle Dan caught his biggest ling of the year. They said the ling were steady ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Yeah, 5lbs 8oz. Which is little for Daniel. They were in his favorite spot. Were are you boys going to  concentrate on Pitbell? Maybe PM me. I'm just waiting for some marmish jigs to deliver the previously mentioned product to you guys.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2005, 10:40 AM »
They're making me work today :P. So looks like me and Whisk will be heading out tommorow for the day. Not sure where to start. Any suggestions? if you don't have plans you should come out and play!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Daniel fished yesterday and today at or near the club. Only caught one char 5.5lbs and some kokanee. I'd stick to where I fished with Whiskey and Randy??? before. At least its a starting point. Then branch out from there. The hot time for char seems to be about 9:30 am  and 4:00 pm. From Daniels observations anyway. Good luck. Wish I could make it but have to work tomorrow. Catch that 94lber that is out there Pitbell. Like to see the grin on your face pulling that one up. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Thanks Terry, I'll let you know how we make out.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2005, 08:26 AM »
Man its irritating here at work knowing you guys are out there fishing.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 24, 2005, 10:41 AM »
You didn't miss anything. Fishing was painfully slow. Nothing even happening on the fish finder. Strange ???

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 24, 2005, 02:11 PM »
Yeah figured so as the moon is close to full. Daniel will be going out on Monday for a few days. I will let you know how he does. Should be better then.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.