Author Topic: Gone for some big lakers and burbot.  (Read 2778 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Gone for some big lakers and burbot.
« on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:41 AM »
Well guys, I'm going to be away from computer till Sunday. Going up to my favorite BIG lake. Taking the quad this time. I hope to be posting some nice pics and grabbing some space on the leader board. 4 full days and set line nights should land me a few monsters. Cheer up whisk, the burbot fishing can only get better, especially end of next month.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
Re: Gone for some big lakers and burbot.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Good luck! Can't wait to see your pics! :o

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Terry please take some pics. ;D
We live to fish!

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2005, 01:09 PM »
I am green with envy as I have no time to get "jiggy" with anything(even my wife)! :( Hope you get some lunkers. Be sure to post lots of pics.

Work Sucks! >:(

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Work does suck, especially when you got to take orders from Whiskey :roflmao: :roflmao: Sorry dude only kiddin!!! :bow:
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2005, 10:38 PM »
OK Boys. Here is some pics. As you can tell from this pic I was getting a little stir crazy without the wife around. See the way I'm stroking this fish.
[/img]
Nothing really huge for burbys. 8 lb was the biggest. But I did find a really good set line area. The natives were telling me to wait till late next month and they will get real big. Can't wait. More pics:
[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

OK enough for now of the burbys. Lakers... Let me tell you I lost a big one. I'd guess high 30's. I got him coming up some then he would peel line off and back down to the bottom. He did this twice but on his 3rd trip down he peeled lots of line. I thought he should be getting tired. I felt him hitting rocks and before I could react the 20 lb leader broke. I was to close to the rocks so moved out more. The lakers were hitting poorly. I could see them on the vex suspended below the baitfish about 40 ft down. I used every lure I had and I got alot of tail hits. Here is pics of one I did land. He is 26 1/4 inches long and weighed only 6 lbs.

[/img]

[/img]

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Hey dude nice fish!!! Not as good as you were hopin for I guess but hey, you got to spend a weekend on a great lake! Too bad you lost that laker. I love those fish. Keep em comin
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Looks like fun! Ice looks good out there. The conditions around here are terrible >:(
Next time I head out I'm bringing my waders!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2005, 01:28 PM »
Oh suck it up pitbell from what I hear you're the one that prayed for warm weather!!! >:( ;D psssssssssssssssssssss sst pitbell, whiskey won't tell me where you guys fish on clucluz!!!!! You should tell me so I can go play catch and release with your burbot! Whisk doesn't trust me!  ;) :D
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2005, 03:11 PM »
I know where it is Kris. Its on the east end about 50 ft out from the weed patch :whistle: :whistle:

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Weed patch eh. Right where I'll sink you for being a smartass when the ice melts!!1 WEED PATCH IN FEBRUARY MY EYE YOU %^&^(u^*&%&*$^%$%&#!@@!!!
I give up. Wait till he comes crawling in june when I'm nailing rainbows on the fly, wanting to know where I was! *Gumble*
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Actually there used to be a thick weed patch there that receded some every winter until they removed all of them one summer. Now no more weeds, sorry man. I do know where their spot is but there is better spots than there. Try lot 6 "The Baldwins". The burbot action will start to heat up in late Feb and anywhere on the lake you can catch at the right depth.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Terry's right. The whole lake is full of fish. The trick is to find the right depth, and keep jigging till you hook up! The "spot" we usually fish is a large area of the lake and it doesnt always produce. Find a depth map, find 80-120ft and jig like craizy. You WILL hook one eventually. We are forever trying new spots and are still trying to find the "honey-hole." It's not like fishing bows, the fish are sometimes there and sometimes not. We did well one evening and we've been back to the same spot 3 times and it hasn't produced since. So we are gonna be trying different spots. If you look at a map there's a few obvious spots that look promising. If we all put the time in and try new areas, we'll compair notes, and maby we'll stumble on to the "honey hole!" :o

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2005, 11:36 PM »
Ya! what He said!
We live to fish!

BryanC

« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2005, 07:28 PM »
nice pics, cant wait to join u boys in BC, u will have to show me some secrect hoels u guys got, lol

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Check out the east side of Vancouver Bryan, where the working ladies are. Lots of holes there. At least that is the only holes I would show a stream fisherman that thinks he is better than an icefisherman. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.