Author Topic: Kamloops Rotary Ice Derby.  (Read 2019 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Kamloops Rotary Ice Derby.
« on: Dec 15, 2004, 12:20 AM »
Just talked with Don who is one of the organizers. It is happening on Jan 30/05 on shumway lake just outside of Kamloops. 1st prize 10,000.00$$$ 2nd: $3000.00 3rd: $1000.00. Also lots of other draw prizes.
I went last year and it was alot of fun. Family oriented derby.

Offline Josephs Prairie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • See you on the ice!
Re: Kamloops Rotary Ice Derby.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2004, 02:03 AM »
Oh, that sounds good too. My wife has friends there cause thats where she grew up. I wonder if she would like to go visit them? ;) So I could enter the derby. How much? Rules? Can I fish where ever I want?
NAFC Life Member
Catcherman.com Staff
B&D Custom Lures Pro Staff

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2004, 07:24 AM »
Heh JP:
It is a coarse fish derby, trout dont count. Its usually a sucker that wins it. 60$ a hole. Same rules I think as last year so check under Ice tournaments in BC forum. I think I posted some info there. You can fish where you want but only with in a certain area. They drilled approx 1600 holes and only about half were taken so you could move around to empty holes. Runs from 11am-2pm. Lots of fish caught. I caught 19 last year in the first hour then switched over to a bigger hook to try and catch bigger fish as hard to keep little ones off. Every fish gets a ticket that is elidgeable for a prize. Good luck.

galvanizednail

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2005, 01:52 AM »
 what is considered a "coarse fish" mabe ill have a chance as i really havent figured out the trout yet.
good news by the way it hasnt been as hot as they predicted and so far no more rain. it might even drop below 0 tonight! might go drill a hole out on shumway tommorow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.