Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615681 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13470 on: Oct 01, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Good morning everyone, very cloudy here. I hope everyone had a good weekend and have a good day today. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13471 on: Oct 02, 2018, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Damp 50* this am, high of 65 today with some rain coming by late morning.

Jeff...I received a package in the mail yesterday!! Thank You so much, check your mail box!   :thumbsup:   Hope parking want too bad for your wife at the court house yesterday.
  I-45...hope things are going well for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  H2...nice job on the bowling,  :clap:,   did your team move up in the standings? The fishing trip was a good time, long day, but a good time!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...you nailed it, lol, hit the floor running yesterday morning...a tad late to the rise, but I clocked in on time!;D
  Tom..glad things are going well again with your Lab. We had a major problem once with one of our dogs and stitches letting loose after she was fixed, almost lost her.
  Marv...intense story, sorry for the outcome...understand your frustration. You didn't let any of us down, believe we all appreciate you bringing us along on your hunt...the ups and downs!   :clap: :bow:  Is the season now over or do you have time to get another hunt in? Best of luck on another chance and Thank You for sharing your whole season with us, all the pictures, it's been awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Had a great time with my son at the Salmon River. Within the first 5 minutes of legal fishing time, Mike hooked up with his first salmon. It took a long drag screaming run down stream into some fast water and came unbuttoned shortly after, but it was super exciting for him getting a taste of that tug drug again!
  He ended up landing 2 for the day and missing probably 5 times that anyway. The old man took another thumping.  ;D. I didn't land any, but had more than my share of opportunities, just fell short.
  We watched a group of young guys (4) fishing across from us, all about 17-20 years old. It was easy to see they were newbies and didn't know what they were up to. I counted one of them falling in 7 times! Between them all, only one stayed dry...and after constantly crossing over people's lines and possibly hypothermia knocking on their door, they left after about an hour or so to probably go show others their talents....it was a sight to behold!   :roflmao:
 Cawfe's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13472 on: Oct 02, 2018, 04:09 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 45* and we received .18" of rain over night, cloudy is the forecast for the rest of the day. ::)
                           Marv.......That's why we call it hunting, I feel for you for all the effort you put in. Don't give up there is always next year, you will
                  know more on what you did to get to the point that you got a shot at a bear.  :flex:
                           Eddie......Your welcome, it is my wife's zucchini salsa, I hope you enjoy it. :clap: My wife coming from a small town in Vt. didn't feel
                  comfortable driving to the court house, so I drove her down then came home, she called me around 11:30 and she was done. She was excused from
                  the trial for conflicting issues. I can't go into details for the trial is still going on. ??? When we got down there yesterday morning she said she would
                  never had made it, with all the traffic, she did compliment me on getting through the gridlock that is the norm for morning rush hour. :cookoo:
                           H2l.........Congratula tions on your bowling skills, you should have a good year. :thumbsup:
                           Wally......There were still a few people clearing out their sites yesterday, they must have stayed until the last garage sale looker left. lol :whistle:
                  It amazes me how people get so wrapped up it this thing. ???
                           Today is grandson day, I will be picking him up at 10:45 from school and his mother will come for him around 5pm.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on some water somewhere.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13473 on: Oct 02, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......glad you both had a good time & some free entertainment to boot  :roflmao:  congrats to your son  :thumbsup: 

IW.....I'm with MrsIW when it comes to driving in strange cities   :wacko:  I turn the wheel over to MrWW w/o hesitation  ;)2

H2L.....congrats on the bowling  :flex: how's MrsH2L doing  ???

WS....hope things wrap up today with good news  :flex:

Not much going on today, rain supposed to begin in a couple hours,  1" - 2" being forecast  :%$#!:  hoping to get some fishing time in tomorrow  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13474 on: Oct 02, 2018, 07:20 AM »
52* this morning. Roller coaster temps this week. Up into the high 70's and then back down. Only had an inch of rain in the gauge yesterday when I dumped it. At least with the cooler temperatures the house flies and skeeters are less active.

When we were headed north to get groceries yesterday we noticed the fire department in the small town 5 miles north of us was cleaning up their fire trucks from being to a fire. It was not one fire but three barns and a vacant mobile home that had been torched. On the news this morning it sounds like the got the suspected arsonist in jail.

This is the final week of ART Prize in Grand Rapids. It is the largest art contest in the country. There are 1200 entries from all over in it, including out of the country. As much as I would like to see the entries, I would not like the crowds. The are entries are scattered all over GR.

The operating engineers union went on a walk out shutting down of most of the road projects a while ago. Supposedly they are going back to work. If they do not get them finished before snow flies things will be a mess all winter.

Eddie Part of the problem with the lab was the first collar they gave us was not big enough to go over her head so she went without it so was able to get to her incision. It was all taped together so I could not fix it. This one goes over easily. Sound like you taught your son well. I have been out fished many times by my sons. Being out with them is the best part.

IW Enjoy the grandson while you can. They grow up real fast.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13475 on: Oct 02, 2018, 03:50 PM »
 ::)Good afternoon everyone!

First off Thanks. It's just been from day one a struggle to put it mildly.

I am in my last 3.5 hours of Bear Hunt 2018. I got up early and have been on stand all day.

Tomorrow I am going to gather up all my stuff and head home. I will need to come back up Saturday to get the freezer I bought and put it on C List. Funny all the plans and arrangements I made over the last 4.5 months, now to move on.

No more bear hunting here IW, at least not for another 8-9 years, unless I hunt MN. Tonight when I get done I am going to build a fire outside and have a couple cold ones.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day evening. Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13476 on: Oct 02, 2018, 11:52 PM »
Good evening everyone! I am sure most have called it a night as I also am heading that way.

The night in the stand ended in a very tranquil manner. Darkness fell, and not as much as an owl hoot to signal the end of what was a long anticipated bear hunt.

I came back to the shack and started a fire in the pit. I opened a cold one and reminisced about all the preparation during the last summer, along with the highs and lows throughout the last month.

It was almost fitting that the night ended with snow lightly falling after beginning a season pushing 100 degrees.

There may down the road be another great bear hunt, you never know. Until then I will put up with bumping into them in the pre dawn darkness and again when hiking back to the shack long after dark. I'll head home for a week and then turn my attention to chasing deer.

I sure appreciated all the well wishes. It's hard to believe how a kid from a one room school could become so attached to so many at a place called the Ice Shanty.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13477 on: Oct 03, 2018, 12:56 AM »
I can now breath again, after watching the 13 innings with the Cubs.  What a nail biter.

Sorry to see your bear season is all but a memory Marv.

Today was my co-workers last day.  Sure going to miss not having her on the Team.  Still no real word on opening the Gander Outdoors store in Parker.  About to think it may be scratched all together.  Sounds like the city of Parker is standing in the way, not wanting camper trailers in the building, or around the property.  Sounds like the city keep moving the goal posts, and or make up new rules, when they feel like it.

On the other side of things think its time to turn off the outside faucets, could have some early snow flakes yet this week.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13478 on: Oct 03, 2018, 03:30 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling and 59*, should end before the work day begins, high of 63 today.

Bud...congrats to your Rockies on their wildcard win over the Cubs...good luck with the NLDS!   :thumbsup:   That's unfortunate about the new store with all the $ put into it, and the job/income loss for the area. Probably no shortage of car and truck dealerships there however....hope it works out Bud!
  Marv...was hoping like heck you'd get one coming in the last few minutes, dang! The way I look it, you gave it your all and never threw in the towel...don't think you could have done anymore than that!  Thanks for taking us along, it's surely been one awesome adventure...right down to that cold one around the fire with the snow falling, doesn't get any better than that!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Looking forward to the deer season adventures!
  Tom...the best part of my fishing trip is giving my sons the high five, makes it all worthwhile!   ;D
  Wally...thanks, I'll pass that on to my son! The entertainment value alone made for a great trip..glad they weren't in fast water!  ;D.  Best of luck to you and Mr.WW today, hope the bite is on!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...that's good news on the jury duty, what a headache that could have been for you both with such a long drive everyday to Albany.  The Mrs. surprised me with beef stew last night, so didn't get a taste of that zucchini salsa yet....will tonight though....Thank You so much, looking forward to that!   :thumbsup:

Still waiting on cap stones to finish " The Great Wall ",  :roflmao:  Rumors have it they'll be there today...okey dokey.
  The rains held off for most of the work day yesterday which was a plus, no lost time anyway. Time to get ready for another day of who knows what...cawfee's on!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13479 on: Oct 03, 2018, 04:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Bud, WS, ER's,
                      It's 59* and foggy here on my hill with a high of 61*. The weather guessers have predicted rain all of next week! ::)
                      Marv........I want to thank you for letting us tag along for your quest in you bear hunt. It was an awesome experience and will remember
             all the ups and downs. You sure put your time in and you deserved more, but what a way to end a season sitting around a fire, tipping a few down
             and light snow to boot! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                     Bud........I can't imagine Gander Outdoors putting all the time and money in a store and not opening. ???
                     Wally......I hope you can get your fishing time in today. :flex:
                     Tom.......I hope the new collar does the trick and she can't get to her stitches. :thumbsup:
                     Steve.....How are things going with the sale of the house?
                     It rained most of the day yesterday so it was indoors for my grandson, we did get a game of Yahtzee in but most of the time he watched cartoons. :o
                     I hope everyone has a good Hump Day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13480 on: Oct 03, 2018, 06:55 AM »
54 and cloudy this morning.
Eddie, sounds like a great fishing trip.
WW, good luck if you make it to the lake. Wife seems to have one good day and then one not so good. Yesterday she slept most of the day, today she wants to go shopping. We will see about that.
Bunch of turkey's out in the yard again this morning.
WS, I enjoyed following your hunt. We have all spent many hours doing what we love to do with the same results. At the end of the day, or season, by the fire with drink in hand, we find that the best trophy of all doesn't have to hang on a wall.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13481 on: Oct 03, 2018, 11:48 AM »
Greetings fellow 9:45ers  blue sky with a few clouds currently had rain with thunder and lighting at times yesterday. The cooler overnight temperatures of last week have started the leaf color change still plenty of green on the trees and bushes.
Whopper Stopper sorry your hunt did not end with a harvested bear. Find some comfort in the fact you were able to enjoy so much time in the woods and soon will be deer hunting . Thanks to good planning and a wife who understands your passion for the outdoors you can spend part of your retirement pursuing/enjoying a sport you love.
Eddie your prediction about not finishing the "Great Wall of Albany" until after first frost maybe come reality. Hope the cap stone arrived today. Glad you and Mike had a good fishing trip.
Ice Wanderer good for your daughter in Law and Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce for growing the garage sale to it's current level. MY trips to your section of the ADK.'s have been during the Fall and Winter still picturing in my mind the major traffic problems the sale must cause along route 9. May your wife not receive notice to report for jury duty during the remainder of her summons. Our lawyer has sent contract proposal to Buyer's lawyer waiting to hear back hoping to close by Halloween.
Wallyworld all the best with today's fishing trip assume the Fall colors will be more advanced upstate giving you a nice back drop while fishing.
Tom Turkey may your lab make it through her recovery without any more problems. I hope a settlement is reached soon so road projects can get completed before Winter type weather visits your part of MI.
Hunts2long congrats on a good night of bowling. Tell your wife to be cautious when out in public cold and flu season will arrive soon do not need any set backs in fight to beat the pneumonia.
IFF enjoy watching the Rockies playoff games. May things workout and the planed for Parker,CO. open amazes me the amount of time and money businesses can spend researching and developing plans only to never open.

A safe and good day to all .Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13482 on: Oct 03, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Afternoon all,

WS.....so sorry your bear season didn't play out the way you had hoped  :'(  but on the plus side, like others have said, you had an amazing adventure which was shared by all of us here, thank you for that  :bow:  And a bad day of anything beats a good day at work hands down  ;)2

Fishing didn't happen for us this morning  :(   got up early, hooked the boat up, got half way to the lake when the truck overheated, threw a check engine light, alarms starting dinging  ::)  managed to nurse it back home, hopefully with no damage done. MrWW's working on it now. Starting to get real sick of vehicle repairs  :%$#!:

Have a good rest of the day whatever's happening in your world. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13483 on: Oct 03, 2018, 08:41 PM »
Good Evening everyone, I hope everyone had a good day. Being out of work and injured hasn’t been easy. Finally have a appointment with a neurologist next week. Hoping he can figure out the headaches.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13484 on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:47 PM »
Good evening ,Wallyworld sorry to hear about issues with your truck. May the problems be an easy fix for Mr.WW and no need to take the truck in for service.
Icefisher-45 hang in there buddy hope the neurologist can figure out what is causing your headaches might some how be connected  to nerves damaged/aggravated in your back injury . Those nerves could be sending signals to pain reception area of you brain causing the head aches. But what would I know since I'm not a doctor.

Have a good night everyone.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13485 on: Oct 04, 2018, 12:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a nice day. My wife has the day off so i’ll Be able to get out of the house. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13486 on: Oct 04, 2018, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Calm with some fog this am, 51*, high of 71 today with a chance of showers this afternoon.

I-45...X2 on Steve's reply, best wishes sent....enjoy the day with your wife today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...sorry to read about the truck problems, glad you were able to make it back home. Hope Mr. WW got to the problem and nothing major!   :thumbsup:
 Steve...congrats on the house, hope everything goes smoothly now and closing soon, terrific!   :thumbsup:   " The Great Wall " is still sitting uncompleted, lol, no cap stones delivered yesterday...come on frost!!    :roflmao:
 H2...hope your wife is feeling better each day now, did you take her shopping?  ;D.   That was a fine reply to Marv, so true!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...please give my compliments to your wife, the salsa was absolutely delicious! If she's willing to share it, would like to have the recipe....Thank You Donna!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...almost time to start the next chapter of the adventure here....looking forward to the deer season!   :thumbsup:

Starting new hours again today, 6-2:30 with the concrete crew. It will sure be nice getting a jump on the school buses anyway!  :thumbsup:
  Not certain what the actual delay is all about on the final 3 cap stones we need to finish the wall, but the foreman said it would be another 3-4 days before they arrived...par for the course with everything we have done there.  ;D
  Cawfee's brewing...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13487 on: Oct 04, 2018, 04:55 AM »

Good morning I-45, Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 53* and cloudy here on my hill with a high of 66*  expected for the day. ::)
                           Eddie.......I bet if Trump was in charge of the Great Wall in Albany the materials would be there on time.lol :flex: :roflmao:
                           Wally.......I'm sorry to hear about the truck problems, I'd start with replacing the thermostat? ??? At least you were able to hobble home
                  instead of getting towed. :blink:
                           Steve.......I'm glad the house sale is moving along nicely. :clap: The traffic is a nightmare in town during the sale so I choose to stay away. :cookoo:
                           H2L.........I've had pneumonia and that's how it goes, you feel like a wrung out dishrag one day, the next day you feel like you can conquer
                  the world. The best thing to do is stay home resting or you can have a major relapse. >:(
                           I-45........Good luck at the neurologist, I hope he can find the problem soon. :flex:
                           Marv.......With all the deer sightings you had during your bear hunt, you should have a good season at "The Shack" :thumbsup:
                           Now that all the wood I had in my driveway is in the shed, I am going to focus on finishing the walkway, only if the weather would cooperate. :whistle:
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play.

IW   

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13488 on: Oct 04, 2018, 05:33 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

45 good luck, I hope relief is right around the corner :thumbsup:

Eddie hope the new hours go well.Your comment about the school buses reminded me how I used to hate getting locked behind a fleet of yellow with the big trucks. It took 10 gears to get up to speed just to work them back down again every block. Some times by the first job you were already tired ???

IW good luck on the walkway :thumbsup: I bet you are glad the wood making is behind you. I am looking forward to deer season. I saw a couple of nice bucks on camera but most times they were traveling in the dark. I can't wait for the chase season to start with a chance to catch one in the daylight.

WW hope the truck repair is something Mr WW can handle. Hope you are back on the lake soon :thumbsup:

I am off to the jungle this morning for some blood tests. The new rheumatologist keeps a lot close tabs on certain levels. The other ones never took any, this one wants them every 6 months and I need to see him every 3. Time will tell but it seems a little overboard.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13489 on: Oct 04, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Getting moving earlier this morning as we have a board meeting at the Senior Center this morning. The lock smith is coming next week to change the lock at the front door. No one knows who has keys. I have a new lock for the back door as the one on there now is a cheap lock. Hopefully the lock smith can key it like exit the front door. if not he will install one he has. Things keep disappearing from the supplies. If you leave and extra roll of toilet paper and paper towels in the bathroom the disappear. Extra stuff in the fridge do to. The county has lunches there 4 days a week. The woman that does them thinks she owns the place. NOT!!! We own the building and pay all expenses. The county gives us $1,000 a year.

WS I want to thank you for taking us along with your bear hunting. We have all enjoyed your posts. Even though you were not successful I am sure you enjoyed the experience. My bear hunting was no where near what you experienced.
At least the new rumatoigist is taking tests to see how things are going unlike the former one. If you have rhmeumatoid it needs to be watched closely. My wifes late husband had it and her daughter also has it.

Eddie The school busses here will pull over as far as they can after picking up students. They turn on their right turn signal so the back up they cause can pass them.

ww Hopefully the problem can be fixed with out a costly trip to a mechanic. These modern day vehicles have to much stuff on them that can go wrong after a few years. Oh for my 55 Chevy that I could change the spark plugs sitting on the fender. Our one Escape had to have the motor mounts taken off to get to the back plugs.

Mrc It sounds like you are on the way on getting the house sold. I am sure it will be a relief when the finall papers are signed. I know it was whn we sold my mothers house.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13490 on: Oct 04, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Morning all,

WS....good luck with the blood work today, hope all your levels are "normal"  :woot:

IW....it's a great feeling when the final piece of firewood hits the stack  :flex: :thumbsup:  good luck getting the weather to play nice lately  :wacko: :%$#!:

Eddie.....frost warnings are out for tonight in this area so you may get your wish soon  ;)2  enjoy the change of hours  :thumbsup:

IF45.....good luck with your search for relief from the headaches/back pain  ;)  have a good day with MrsIF  :clap:

H2L.....hope Mrs H2L doesn't overdo things and set back her recovery  :-\ 

TT......hope your meeting goes well today, good luck getting the locks changed out  ;)  sad that people find stealing to be ok  ::)

A new thermostat and a couple gallons of antifreeze and the truck is back in business  :thumbsup:  had to use google to find where the thermostat was located tho  :woot:  nothing is as simple as it should be  :blink:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13491 on: Oct 05, 2018, 03:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 52* on the Hill this am, high of 59 today.

Wally...that's great news on the truck, glad it was only a thermostat replacement!  :clap:  Almost afraid to ask where they located it...things like that use to be so simple. Best of luck if heading out to the lake today.  :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope those new locks do the trick, pretty sad hearing about people ripping off a senior center. My first truck was a 68 Dodge D100 with a 6cylinder, 3speed on the column, manual choke. Talk about having room to work on everything, and simple....one of the best trucks I ever owned.   ;D
  Marv...hope everything went well with the blood work yesterday.  :thumbsup:   Was wondering if you're going to use your pistol this season on the deer hunting?
  Jeff...it's funny that you mentioned that about the wall. Someone, not sure who  :whistle:, had a comment in the suggestion box last week. It read..." What's the difference between having a Democratic Governor and a Republican Governor building a garden wall? Answer... A Democratic Governor won't let you work on it because he's there and then complains what the hell is taking so long? " That received a standing ovation by some...and then got torn into shreds!  :roflmao:

Helped my brother out yesterday getting some elevations established and forms set for a concrete patio, 16' X 32'.
The area he has the house at is all sand, soooo easy to work with. Forms are all set, some crusher run being delivered today for a good base, and concrete ordered for Saturday morning.  We've got Monday off for Columbus Day, so I'm planning on beeping the horn again going through Wally's town heading to the Salmon River... ;D
  Cawfee's on...

Who's On Iceshanty
 Guests: 71
 Hidden: 0
 Users: 3
 Users Online:
 masoneddie
 Cjnstorm
 slipperybob

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13492 on: Oct 05, 2018, 04:02 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 45* and clear on my hill this morning a high of 57* is the forecast. ::)
                             Eddie........That's funny that that suggestion came up. :roflmao: Columbus actually landed on Waddling Island on October 12th, but someone
                  thought that it would be a good idea to make it the holiday the 2nd Monday of Oct. :whistle:
                            Wally........Good job to Mr.WW for finding and fixing the problem. :thumbsup: :clap:
                            Tom.........When too many people have access to a building then things will come up missing! :o New locks will help only if someone from the
                  senior center opens doors for other users. ???
                            Marv.........Isn't it nice to go to the jungle and not have to do tree work :woot: Hope the blood work went well. :flex:
                            Yesterday I got my walkway ready for one A stone and dust, MW will get the material for me either tonight or tomorrow morning. :flex:
                            TGIF, I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing or hunting!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13493 on: Oct 05, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Rain overnight with snow to the north, looks like the clouds will hang around all day.

Eddie that sounds like a nice sized patio :thumbsup: Best of luck with your fishing trip  :thumbsup: I'm not sure about the handgun for deer hunting. My enclosed stand isn't very big so trying to get a rest set up would be hard. I will have to think on that ???

IW glad your walk way project is going well :thumbsup: Come on MW :clap: It's funny you mentioned the jungle, I couldn't get out of there fast enough  :woot: All went well with the blood work. I received my test results yesterday afternoon and all numbers were fine :clap:

WW glad the truck fix was an easy one :clap: Let's hope that's the last hiccup for awhile :thumbsup:

Nothing much on the daily planner here. I have to check out a tree job a little later but it sounded bigger than I am looking to do.

They were just talking on the news that in northern Minnesota a police station was receiving many calls of birds flying into cars and house windows. The problem.............Bi rds eating the fermenting berries and flyin around drunk :roflmao:

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
« Reply #13494 on: Oct 05, 2018, 06:36 AM »
good morning I'm here, looking forward to this ice season

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13495 on: Oct 05, 2018, 07:21 AM »
I just lost a post. It is all WS's fault. He posted while I was hunting and pecking. I went to look at what he posted and made the wrong move so I lost what I had typed.

The meeting went well yesterday. Gladly the member of the board that is a pain did not show up. A gal from the county came. She is welcome any time. She realized we were not happy with the gal that serves the meals from the county and took her aside to talk to her. The guy came and changed the locks while we were meeting. Nice and professional young man.

IW Hopefully all things go smooth on finishing the walkway.

Eddie I always loved my Ford 300 6's. I drove the first one that was in a 75 van for almost 10 years. Only paid $4,000 for it so it did not owe me any thing. Only thing as far as repairs was starters as they got full of water from the way they sat. Ended that problem when we used silicone caulk to seal them up.

That note in the suggestion box should have been sent to the governor instead of being torn up. Like most politicians they probably do not know what actually working for a living is like.

The wife made me a loaf of lue berry bread. it is under the dome so have at it. There are re blue berries in it than bread. Yummy!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13496 on: Oct 05, 2018, 08:41 AM »
40 degrees this morning.
WW, glad the truck is back on the road. Trying to slow the wife down is like fly fishing in a 50mph wind. The meds bother her more than the sickness. Her sister and niece are coming for the weekend, you know how that goes. She won't be bowling again this Sunday.

Warm weather, the lake as come up a foot and the boat has been winterized, so no fishing. Can't believe early MZ starts next Sat.. Looks like next week I will be busy.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13497 on: Oct 05, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Evening all,

Since the sun was actually shining for a bit and no rain forecast for the day decided to close up camp for the winter. After that project was finished came home and mowed or at least tried to. The ground is so soggy there are quite a few areas that couldn’t get done. Almost buried my Ferris 4 different times 🤬 looks like a warm spell next week, maybe things will dry out then.
Tomorrow we are helping a friend bring their camper home and getting it winterized.

Hope everyone had a good Friday. Enjoy your evening. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13498 on: Oct 05, 2018, 10:08 PM »
Good evening everyone, hit a pot hole on way to house sale had high reading on radon test. I'm meeting tomorrow with my realtor and person who does radon remediation getting a quote in writing will send to buyer's lawyer saying we are willing to split cost to fix this problem and see what happens always some thing.
Icefisher-45 hope you and the wife had a nice day. May you get some answers soon on cause of headaches.
Hunts2long you can always start looking over your ice fishing gear or do final pre-deer season preparations will your SIL and niece visit.  :whistle:
Wallyworld happy to read truck repair was simple once Mr.WW was able to find thermostat . Have fun helping your friends assume a meal out will be part of your day .
Tom Turkey your wife's bread sound interesting may contact you for the recipe. Hope the new door locks solve  problems at the senior center.
Whopper Stopper glad your blood results showed no new problems.Funny story about the birds many times birds are fooled by reflection of trees in window and fly into them thinking it is a place to perch.
Ice Wanderer good job on the fire wood . May weather allow you to complete the walk way. Any estimate on how much money recent garage sale added to local economy.
Eddie things looking better every day for your "Great Wall" prediction over night lows forecast to be in thirties for higher elevation areas of the Catskills. (2,000 feet and up)  May everything go well with the patio work. A Safe trip and good fishing this weekend .

bigfish54 welcome to 9:45 thread ,please feel free to post on a regular basis.

Safe and good night to all.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13499 on: Oct 06, 2018, 03:39 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 41* and clear here on my hill, today is suppose to be a repeat of yesterday, beautiful fall day! ::)
                          Marv.......Good to hear your blood numbers are where they should be. :clap: I think you are right in looking at tree jobs closely, you don't
                 need to take on too big of a project. ???
                          Steve.....You sure have had your problems with the house, radon can be a deal breaker to some. I hope you and the buyer can come to a
                 compromise. :thumbsup:
                         Tom........May the new door locks and a talk to the woman from the county solves any problems. :flex: Before buying a Toyota in 2002, I
                 always had Fords F150 with the 300-6 in them, the best engine Ford made in my opinion. :thumbsup:
                         Wally......I was able to mow my lawn yesterday, I just had to wait till noon for the grass to dry. :flex:
                         Eddie.....I hope the patio pour goes well this morning! :thumbsup:
                         Yesterday I stopped by a job that MW was working on, hamming out a segment of concrete around a pool and re pouring it. He told me
                 that he and Mrs. MW were going out to celebrate their anniversary, so I don;t know if I'm getting my stone and dust today or not. ???
                         I hope everyone has a Good Saturday either at work or out sporting.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.