Author Topic: Retail Fish Houses - Not much here?  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
Retail Fish Houses - Not much here?
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:27 PM »
I'm in the market to buy a light weight drop down fish house.  I'm not finding much for previous info on fish houses?  Where do I find the info on this site, or is there just not much talk about these? 
Ice Castle, Core Ice, Firebrand, Ridgeline, Big Bite, Yetti, Grand Lodge to name most of the big brands. 

Not looking for bling, just good fishability in a well insulated, lightweight drop down fish house, and not a skid house. 

Offline fieds

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Retail Fish Houses - Not much here?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:19 AM »
Take a good look at big bite, paps shack, 8 x 12 with an open layout if fishing is you main priority. Been in alot of ice castles and they are great for recreation but i really dont like fishing out of them. Glad my friends have em but fir great fishability its not what im buying when i get tired of portable/flip over fishing

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:04 AM »
good god those things are 10 to almost 40 grand!!!!  id like to know how many of those they sell a year.

you could have a local crafts man build you one.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline old and in the way

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:22 AM »
I bought a Core Ice this year and I should have done it years ago. Light, warm, easy to move mine is a 6515st which is the hybrid wheel/skid. Early ice I pulled it with my Kodak which fits in the back with lots of extra room.
This is a walleye boat for the ice. It is not a cabin in the woods.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:03 AM »
Too bad you aren't from this area. I have a 6 1/2 x 12 with six holes that weighed 1,520 lbs before the heater and batteries were installed. We have so much snow on our lakes at this time it can't be used. I listed it for sale in the paper a week ago and haven't received one call. Gel coated fiberglass exterior, marine carpet inside and a storage box that doubles as a bunk. I probably should have asked more for it in case people are thinking  its home made. I'm 75 and decided to quit ice fishing since it hasn't left my driveway for at least three years.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Wheelhouse and skid house dealers left and right over here in Minnesota, also used ones for sale. Some MN specific forums have more talk about different brands, guessing not as much talk on here as a lot of user's live where you don't get enough ice for them.

River scum, 100's of thousands of them on the lakes across Minnesota every weekend. It's kind crazy how many you will see up here. I don't have one. Even seen a few tri axel wheelhouses out  :cookoo:

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Looking for a fish house that will sleep around 4, which means an 18'er or larger.  I was really leaning toward Ridgeline, but now I'm leaning toward Core Ice.  Prices are not too far apart really, but Core Ice is lighter and has a much cleaner look, which will  make the wife happy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.