Author Topic: Small mess of gills  (Read 1384 times)

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Small mess of gills
« on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Went out sat up north to Lower Long Lake to fish with my buddy and his nephew. His nephew a few days before hammered them hard in a 10 ft radius around a fallen tree in the water. After drilling the holes at about 830am, we dropped down and had one on before the jig hit the bottom. Was a good hole until I lost a PB crappie at the hole and it shut off like I was late on a cable bill. Stayed in the shanty and I think it was our down fall. Few more takers throughout the day but sllloooooow bite for sure. Going to stay mobile this coming sat due to wanting to follow the fish and since it will b my last time out this season.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Small mess of gills
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:45 AM »
Those will eat! Good job. Hex

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:34 PM »
good mess!  bite was ok early for us too, then the sun came out and ruined it.  drove around couple lakes and seen a few out or walking off, so I called it too.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2019, 07:52 PM »
Glad you thumped some! WTG!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2019, 03:36 AM »
Went out sat up north to Lower Long Lake to fish with my buddy and his nephew. His nephew a few days before hammered them hard in a 10 ft radius around a fallen tree in the water. After drilling the holes at about 830am, we dropped down and had one on before the jig hit the bottom. Was a good hole until I lost a PB crappie at the hole and it shut off like I was late on a cable bill. Stayed in the shanty and I think it was our down fall. Few more takers throughout the day but sllloooooow bite for sure. Going to stay mobile this coming sat due to wanting to follow the fish and since it will b my last time out this season.

I never understood why Upper Long Lake never had anything but dink gills... But Lower long is a pretty good lake...

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:24 AM »
Yeah lower unfortunately doesnt have navionics mapping on it so I didn't scout before coming but it seemed they moved deeper. Went out to about 16 to 17fow and caught a few more so I should have taken that as a sign. Lesson learned I suppose. Seems it's that time of the season to stick and move in the mid day times.

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Hey robertfitz, I used to work will a guy named bob from Portland. He started a powder coat business...

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:13 AM »
Only lived here for about 6 years or so. Know lots of Bob's but none that started a business lol. Small town though so maybe I have

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:18 AM »
Bob Dewitt good guy, worked with him for 14yrs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.