Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Late season fishing

<< < (2/4) > >>

joefishmore:
Salmon are raised  in a different hatchery. Casco I think. Brookies Dry Mills, browns New Gloucester.  So might not get mixed in, Prob a brown as they said.
 But come to think Rainbows are raised in Casco ? So  maybe could be mixed ?

Jim_C.:
Do you have a pic of your fish?  Be interesting to see it!

Salmon move around a lot and can show up in places you wouldn't expect ;D  I don't know if any salmon are stocked in connecting waterways in that area.

--- Quote from: Brian VT on Mar 18, 2022, 07:48 PM ---I just looked at Upper Range fish species to see what type of salmon it might have been.
No salmon listed.
I was a very dark colored fish with some dark maroon also. And the top jaw hooked down over the bottom jaw.
Looked like salmon to me.  ???

--- End quote ---

nbourque:

--- Quote from: Jim_C. on Mar 19, 2022, 07:33 AM ---Do you have a pic of your fish?  Be interesting to see it!

Salmon move around a lot and can show up in places you wouldn't expect ;D  I don't know if any salmon are stocked in connecting waterways in that area.

--- End quote ---
Def could be a salmon but more than likely a brown.

Brian VT:
I didn't get a pic because I was unsure of the laws and didn't want to keep it out of the water any longer than I already had.
I guess it could have been a brown but it was almost black with a maroon belly and gill plates.
Another odd thing was that it had some ugly growths or something near it's head.
Was still nice to catch something. Was a very slow year.

woodchip:
teeth rows says it all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version