Author Topic: First Ice Pike?????  (Read 2679 times)

Reelinrolly

First Ice Pike?????
« on: Jan 13, 2004, 12:38 AM »
Well....been out once without any luck.......does anyone got some good tips for me for some first ice pike action????

Reelinrolly

Re:First Ice Pike?????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2004, 04:21 PM »
someone please help

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2004, 04:26 PM »
Well...where are you from? You profile says London...England? I would make it easier for folks to recommend a location.

Here is a basic article on pike fishing that I wrote. http://fishingvermont.net/northern_pike_through_the_ice.htm

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2004, 04:27 PM »
reelinrolly  what do you mean please help?? i have some boneless filets in the freezer that i can spare no problem!!! what are you fishing on??  lake?? river?? start by setting up near a weed bed in at least 6-10 feet of water. DO use live bait if you can get it. if you're on new ice, and jigging or setting up tipups, keep things quiet so not to spook wary northerns. visually sight in some spots that look like they would hold northerns in the summertime. first and foremost, CONFIDENCE before you head out the next time. lol grumpy  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  if you dont post your mailing address, get a hold of trapperdirk. i dont want you starving to death

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2004, 01:28 PM »
reelinrolly i hope i didn't offend you in any way. you did sound desperate, and i like to make the odd jab now an d then, but don't take it seriously UNLESS its about fishing and techniques. are you in the tournament?? lol grumpymoe

trapperdirk

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2004, 01:47 PM »
 Aw Grumpymoe Rolly will be just fine . LOL .
   He gets his digs in too . Just check the Ontario forum . I'm supposed to have a get together with him and some others in February so he better be prepared because I do believe he will be the youngest pup there . LOL .
   He will be our number one gopher or down the hole he goes .LOL ;D
   It will be dues paying time for him and Germ . LOL

Reelinrolly

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2004, 12:40 AM »
Dues paying time....lol.....ill be ready don't you worry about me...lol....grumpymoe. ..you didn't offend me whatsoever....you gave me some good info...adn ill be sure to use it.....this get together in feb is gonna be interesting...lol...ti ght lines guys

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: First Ice Pike?????
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:32 PM »
5-15 feet of water. Try to find the weed beds, drop offs, sand bars, some points? Be mobile, try it all! Best of luck to everyone

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.