Author Topic: Acme Hyper-Glide lure  (Read 934 times)

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
Acme Hyper-Glide lure
« on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Has anyone had luck with the Hyper-Glide? I bought two of these for $10 each and they were advertised on our site. They are a rap minnow but the gills open on the drop and it swims about 3 feet from the hole. You have to put your line through a loop on the tail to prevent this on the initial drop. I have only used it twice with no luck, but we don't have many schools of perch where i fish. Maybe it will work for walleye?
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Acme Hyper-Glide lure
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:56 PM »
I tried one also with no luck. I usually fish with someone in my two man or have two lines going down, Those things usually will get tangled with the second line.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:19 PM »
Had good luck for walleye when I was up north last. Outfished JRs and Shivers about 3:1. Also had a giant musky inhale one. No I didn't land the fish, head wouldn't fit in the hole. Really. I fish muskies alot and it was not a case of "big eyes".

When I got home I restocked the 2 I lost. They fish much lighter than any of the same sized alternatives. If you watch 'em in the water the wings still flutter a bit even when you're trying to hold it still. Pretty powerful triggering stuff. Going back fishing for a few more days on Thursday. Gonna be awful cold, we'll see if I've got the wherewithal to jig. Plus it depends on where Willard picks to fish.

Last year we found some really nice perch on LBDN caught on JRs. Really had to work for 'em. Can't help but think if we'd had the Glides that we'd have done better.

I think it's a winner.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2019, 02:21 PM »
I have purchased one...I admit, I haven't really used it.  Just played around with it so far.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2019, 09:29 PM »
My friend tips the bottom of his raps with maggots or waxes. I would put a minnow on the bottom treble but I don't want to kill the action.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2019, 09:56 PM »
I've caught walleyes on these with a minnowhead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.