Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 554 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
I'm back!
« on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:19 AM »
Just thought I’d check in for the new season.  I’ve been busy with boat fishing and duck hunting but have made some upgrades to my ice fishing gear.  I bought a new Look Drift enclosed trailer for my snowmobile and shanty.  I sold my old Shappell one man shanty and have the Clam 2-man on KSL.  Sold my Vexilar FL20 and will be getting the FLx28 as soon as I see it on sale at Cabela’s a/o get the coupon for $150 off a $500 or more purchase.  Already bought some new perch talker lures and tungsten jigs.  I made my reservations up on Lake Cascade in Idaho for January.  I found a killer deal on a new Eskimo EVO 1 in the Bargain Cave at Cabela’s for $227.  The box it came in was mangled but nothing inside was damaged at all.  I’ll be putting my StrikeMaster LazerMag 2hp Tecumseh on KSL today as well.  And I’ll also be selling my 1993 Polaris Indy Trail and 2-place open trailer as a package deal on KSL.

NOAA has predicted we are in for a mild La Nina this winter (going to be colder than usual), so we should have plenty of thick ice this season.  I’m pumped and ready.  And I’d really like to get 4 or more guys with snowmobiles together for that run up to the High Uinta lakes from the Kamas side.  As soon as we get 2 or 3 good snows up that way let’s make this happen.  Maybe even before Christmas.  What say you?
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2016, 10:50 AM »
Good to hear from you and it sounds like you are getting all need stuff this year and also I might been in for the trip up to the uinta, well have to see how everything goes see you soon be safe out there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.