Author Topic: 2014 2nd Annual Iceshanty Get together in utah is on for saturday  (Read 7844 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Yes take 39 up ogden canyon then when you get to the dam take a left and drive over it. The ruts don't start till you turn into port ramp. The road from the dam to there is a maintained state road
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Yes, 39 to 158 and then 158 to the Port Ramp turn-in on the right.  The snow ruts are only on the driveway within the Port Ramp area once you leave Hwy 158.  Hwy 158 is clean and clear.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline The Don Mega

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the good times today.  It was great to get to meet people in person all well as try pineview.

Thanks Muskyon for transporting us back and forth and for all the tips as well as marcum sonar settings.  I think my daughter enjoyed the snowmobile ride best, she was all smiles ridding in the sled.

This was my first time targeting crappie and perch and I've still got much to learn but had a great time. 

Thanks again!  I look forward to next year.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
What a great day on the ice with great company. The only regret I have is I wish I had taken more pics. It was great meeting everyone and sharing in the passion we all have for the hard deck. Thanks don mega It was my pleasure to have such good company out rippin some lips. Thanks to dubob for shuttle service and the look at some of the new lures I need to pick up. I will post up the few pics I have a bit later when I get home. Man I should have put on some sun screen today, my face is rosy. Lol
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline jjaymyson

• IceShanty Rookie
So you had snowmachines on the ice

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Welcome to the shanty jjaymyson, thanks for asking about the GTG it was a good time. 2 more posts and the Reports & Conditions page will open up for you. Bigger turn out this year and hoping next is even better. The ice was still about 20+in and the edges are getting very soft. Getting on and off can be tricky earlier than usual this year with all the crazy high temps and run off/rain bringing the lake levels up. Planks are highly recommended to get on and still be dry enough to have a good day on the ice. Sleds can still make it out there but you have to shoot the gap over wet stuff and i would recommend not having a sled full of gear behind you when you do it. Hand pull it out on the planks. Wheelers should stay home. Be safe and dont take this reply as solid advice, conditions are changing quickly. Pretty tough question on your 1st post on a 4 page thread going on since mid December without not knowing much about you. Again welcome to the shanty
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Here' the pics that i got. If any one got anymore please post them up. This is the tiny shanty town where we started for perch with the militia flag flying

some of us with more fish lips than others, lol

and one of three choo-choo trains to the docks for some crappie action

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
It was indeed a great outing.  I had no problems getting my snowmobile on or off the ice.  But I did throw some water on the towed sleds going on.   ;D

And even the fishing was okay.  Nobody filled a bucket with perch, but I brought home enough for one good meal.  Everybody with sonars were marking fish, but getting them to bite was harder.

I had some success with my go-to perch favorite, the Hali.  I also caught a few on a Hildebrandt Thingamajig.  Both were tipped with waxies or perch eyes.  The bite was very light and most of the time my hand was NOT as fast as the fish.   :(

And best of all, I got to meet some really nice folks.  I also got to test a Milwaukee cordless drill on my Nils convertible auger - WOW.  I will for sure be upgrading from my Ryobi for next season.  Now if I just knew which model that Milwaukee was - hint, hint.   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline roasterx

• IceShanty Rookie
Good times! A huge thank you to you fella's for the good eating, good fishing, and good comradery. Thanks everyone for going out of their way to make it a family gathering. It was great to see so many of you with your kids there. I have some pictures from the event too:

Here is our sled being loaded by dubob

Our gear taking the easy, fast way to our destination.

Again, this is THE way to travel on ice.

I learned a lot about fishing from this guy and also a lot about attitude.

Setting up the Iceshanty.com tribal home for the next few hours.

The gathering.

My first perch in many moons.

More folks arriving.

Hunting Crappie and learning how to use sonar capped off the day.

Crappie hunting.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great time folks! Thanks to all who helped pull it off. Breakfast was great and so was the company. The fish tried to test my skills there for a little while! I hope you all have a great year and hope to see you next season. There is always a spot in Wyoming for you guys. Don't be shy.
Roasterx, please share details of the bracket holding up the vex in your bucket. Looks way nice!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Oops, that was dubob's bucket. Do tell Bob.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Here's the sonar in its carry bucket.

Here's the wires cut from 2 coat hangers and bent to fit over the top of the bucket and hang down inside the bucket.

Here's the sonar sitting on the wires.

Any questions?   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Bob. Looks like a good deal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.