Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1622205 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13380 on: Sep 16, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Good evening hope everyone had a good weekend. Other then having temperatures in the mid eighties and high humidity  nice weekend for me . I met with the realtor for sale sign up and lock box on front door. Now have to do final removal of items from house. Also made some unexpected money this Saturday leaving to go to the house when I see one of the mechanic from garage I use  he purchased a Thule car top storage box I was selling. :thumbsup: :clap:
Icefisher-45 I think most of the North East will receive some rain this week courtesy of remains of hurricane Florence .
IFF hope your wife is having good recovery and has noticed an improvement in her eyesight.
Wallyworld may you have a safe trip home. Hope results from today's game were all wins for your grandchildren's teams.
Eddie glad your supplier has the bricks and mortar mix needed to complete the "Great Wall of Albany" . Sure your son appreciated the help with yard work.
Whopper Stopper may you see more activity during the time you have available to hunt this week. How much time is left in the archery season.
Tom Turkey may you get the weather conditions needed to grow your food plots . All the best when your big game season starts. Going to be a long recovery for folks in the Carolinas Florence was large enough to effect most of North Carolina so now all the rain rivers received in Western mountainous part of the state will now drain head back toward the ocean and coastal section of the state .
Hope to see photos and report from Ice Wanderer on his vacation guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Take care and stay safe.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13381 on: Sep 17, 2018, 03:52 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Hope you all had a great weekend! 
  61* with high humidity this am, high of 78 here today, low 80's down at the workplace.

Steve...terrific news on the house!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...future project at the mansion will be replacing the rest of a wooden wall we butted up to and continuing with masonry...probably next season. The skeeters were out in force here as well last evening.
  Marv...hope you stayed in the air conditioning yesterday, some hot weather for this time of year! Looking forward to the 2nd half of the bear hunting!  :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck today if chasing those walleyes!   :thumbsup:

Weather looks good here for today, some rain moving in from Florence this evening and tomorrow. Watched some news footage from the Carolina's, one town had almost 40" of rain....hard to even imagine.
  Back to business at the great wall again this am. By days end, we'll know for sure where we stand with material....seeing light at the end of the tunnel now!   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13382 on: Sep 17, 2018, 04:44 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

76 heading into the 80's with rain later today.

Eddie good luck working on the "great wall". Hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

mr.clean the bear season goes until the first week in Oct. The bow season for deer opened this past weekend and continues into January.

Today I am getting things ready for my return trip to the shack. The weather is going to straighten out some as far as heat goes but the week shows rain every day. I don't necessarily mind hunting in rai but it does nothing for blood trails.

Hope you all have an excellent Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13383 on: Sep 17, 2018, 05:27 AM »
Morning all,

MrC......great news on the for sale sign going up and the extra $$ in your pocket 😁

Eddie...kudos for helping out your son 👏🏻 he’s lucky to have you for a Dad😉

WS....sure hope the break in the stand brings you good luck this week with Yogi sightings 😁

My grandsons’s team won their game, but both girls lost theirs ☹️ My grandson scored a goal for gramma too just like he said he would 😁
Back on the road once the kids are off to school.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13384 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:39 AM »
71 this morning a foggy.
WW, sounds like you had fun over in MA....Have a safe trip.

We lost all 4 points to the team the wife bowls on. Wife bowled 57 pins over her average.

No fishing planned for today....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13385 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Good evening busy day for me received a phone call from real estate agency around 10:30 PM multiple people coming to see house today. So I made quick trip to the house to do some cleaning and remove items from the house. Glad for all the interest just wish I had more time before viewings started. Lawn also needs mowing will try to get that done later this week.
Eddie hope you had a great day working on the "Great Wall". Rainfall total are staggering for certain areas of the Carolinas. Believe my area received around 10 inches of rain when Hurricane Irene came through washed out support structure on small local bridge. It took 4 years to get federal funding and rebuild the bridge.
Whopper Stopper that is a long archery season for deer out in WI. Guess it is hard to find blood trail of an animal if rain washes away the blood.
Wallyworld congratulations to your grandson has his hockey season started already or does he play other sports. May things improve for your grand daughter's teams. Hope you trip home had no surprises.
Hunts2long appears your wife developed little rust to her bowling game while away from the alley with her medical issues. Her team is off to a fast start may you and your team keep this close this season .

Have a good and safe night.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13386 on: Sep 18, 2018, 04:17 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                   I'm baack! It's 65* and raining pretty hard this morning, we've had .57" of rain so far! ::)
                                   It's going to take me a while to catch up with all that went on while I was gone. :whistle:
                                   Marv.......I was hoping to come home and find that you bagged a bear, but I guess the weather hasn't really been the best for you. ???
                                   Steve.....That's a good thing that there are so many wanting to look at the house, I hope you get an offer that you can't refuse! :thumbsup:
                                   Eddie......I hope progress on the wall keeps going, it sounds like you guys lay more brick than they can keep up with the supply. :flex:
                                   Wally......Congrats to your grandson for the win and scoring a goal for grandma. :clap:
                                   There is so much to say about our trip I don't know where to begin. The weather wasn't the greatest at first, rain and fog was the words
                         for the day until Wednesday. Fog still lingered all week in the mornings. The waves were the biggest that have been in a long time and the beach
                         was loaded with surfers everyday. The waves brought in massive amounts of seaweed which made surf fishing almost impossible. I did try it once
                         but the seaweed kept building on my line, I never saw anyone else try fishing the whole week off the beach. There were some boats off shore
                         some days. It's good to be home!
                                    I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out hunting or fishing!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13387 on: Sep 18, 2018, 04:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  66* with steady rain falling here this am, high of 77 today. We were told yesterday if it was raining this am, take the day off...of course that won't be with any pay however. 

Jeff....welcome back Sir! That's too bad about the fishing and some of that weather, but hope you both had a great time regardless! Looking forward to hearing more about it....stay dry today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...off to a great start with the house, fantastic! Hope one of those prospective buyers made an offer yesterday!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...sounds like your wife and her team are going to be tough competitors this season! Congratulations to her for games, best of luck next week!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congrats to your grandson on his win and scoring a goal for GrandMa, awesome!   :clap:   Hope you had a safe ride back home. Meant to ask you a few days ago now, were those house/gas explosions around the Andover area near your sons home?
  Marv...we had a great day yesterday, unfortunately Florence put a damper on today's progress. Know what you mean about rain and blood trails, they don't go well together. Best wishes with the weather and the 2nd half, hope there's some new pictures on the trail cam.   :thumbsup:

As mentioned, we had a very productive day on the wall yesterday...with a little luck, we should be totally wrapped up by this weeks end assuming we don't get another rain day or run dry on material.   ;D. Don't believe anyone ever made an accurate estimation on how much materials were left yesterday...guess we'll find out tomorrow.
  Think I'll take advantage of the day off and catch up on some truck maintenance, ready for an oil change and fresh anti-freeze.  I'm thinking a nice pot roast is in the plans for dinner seeing as I have time to cook today...the Mrs. has been on a chicken with this, chicken with that deal again...think I'm growing feathers.   ;D
   Cawfee's on...

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13388 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:09 AM »
Morning all,

IW......welcome home   :)  sorry to hear the weather/fishing wasn't the best  :-\  sure you made the best of it

H2L.....congrats to MrsH2L and team   :flex: :thumbsup:   

Eddie....that's too bad you don't get paid when you're told to stay home  ::)   enjoy the day off anyway  ;)  luckily the explosions/fires weren't near my son's, thanks for asking

MrC...all 3 kids play hockey which has already started, the youngest (my grandson) also plays soccer, the middle one plays field hockey & the oldest is doing crew, they're busy from sun up till sundown & beyond  :woot: 

WS.....hope Yogi has finally staked his claim on the treats & is now a frequent visitor to the crib  ;) 

The ride home was uneventful yesterday, lots of traffic but no one was unusually stupid   :clap:  sure is no place like home  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13389 on: Sep 18, 2018, 09:11 AM »
It looks like we may have some rain coming from southern Wisconsin today. We could stand some rain as it has been a dry spell again.I looked further west. It appears that WS will have a dry day to sit in. I am glad that I decided to plant the grass in the old garden until spring as there are some weeds coming back up in that area. I will wait a few weeks and spray them to kill them off again. 

The wife had the geek squad clean up her computer a couple of days ago. The tech said we were not getting the speed we are paying for from Spectrum. She called Spectrum yesterday. When he showed her what we were getting it was where it should be. He increased the speed before he showed her. My computer was a lot faster after she talked to him so he did some thing before he showed her.

I started trying to take out an old stump out of the area yesterday that I am planting to grass yesterday with a heavy axe. I am paying for it this morning. What ever that tree was it is hard wood. I am tempted to take it out with a saws all. I had to cut an 18 inch thick mat of roots that way to pour an addition to a slab in a court house lawn once.

ww The lack of stupid drivers on the way home was probably because the idiot tourists are not around. It sounds like the grand kids keep their parents running in all directions.  Those explosions had to be scarry for any one living it that area.

Eddie We had gone over a month one time with out a rain day. It was raining when we came into work so we were sent home. I told one of the other bosses thatit was clear over lake Michigan so it wouldnot last b very long. It did not but no one went back to work. we were all ready for anextra day off. No pay but no one cared.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13390 on: Sep 18, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Good afternoon , I had some rain overnight skies still cloudy weather guessers who compile data for Weather Underground's forecast calling for rain majority of the day . Made a trip to house early this morning for some lite cleaning another eight showings today  Already have one offer to buy at our asking price. I have to visit Zillow and see what info. is posted about the house to generate such interest have a feeling location and selling price are causing so many people to come look at the place.
Ice Wanderer I've experienced the same with seaweed while fishing from piers/ docks at south NJ. Shore  makes it hard to detect bites plus a hassle cleaning/clearing your line all day. Did you make any trips to Freeport or Kittery to do some shopping at L.L. Bean or Kittery Trading post plus all the other outlet stores in both places. I believe this place has changed ownership since my last visit on route 1 in Wells,ME. there was a motel called Sleepy Towne had a restaurant named Captains  Table some of the better NE style clam chowder I've ever eaten hopefully new owners got old recipes when they purchased the place.
Eddie enjoy the day off may all the truck maintenance be problem free as we all know appears they  design current vehicles so you take them back to dealership after attempting to do work yourself.
Wallyworld guess your grandchildren are learning time management between their sports and school. Did your grandson score his goal playing hockey or soccer.
Tom Turkey any thought to renting a stump grinder to do removal provide the machine would not cause problems for your back. I also use Spectrum bundle package internet ,phone,TV have problems with phone service and internet connections at times.
IFF how is your wife has she noticed a big change in her vision. Did you make switch to only working in your store or are you still traveling around the state.
Whopper Stopper if you made the trip to "shack" may you find signs of activity at bait crib and on trail camera memory cards. May "Mother Nature bless you with dry weather and multiple sightings/visits fro legal size Yogi,and Boo-Boo's.

A safe and good day to everyone . best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13391 on: Sep 19, 2018, 12:38 AM »
Steve, still going to the Golden store, average about an hours drive.  Got me locked in to man the registers, 10 to closing.  They didn't have a cashier until I arrived.  They sure were happy to see me.  Today was the ninth day of 90 plus in a row. should see a couple upper 80's the next couple days.  Our gunsmith scored a 5 x 6 elk with his bow.  Gang is looking for me to put on a fish fry gathering, so might use a day off to do that.  GL on getting the house sold.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13392 on: Sep 19, 2018, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day....
  61* with a light breeze this am, high of 71 here today. We ended up with about 2" of rain here yesterday from Florence, believe some areas closer to Mr.C were in the 4-5"plus range.

Bud...hope you get a break from that heat wave soon, dang! Congrats to your gunsmith on a fine bull with the bow, thats awesome!   :thumbsup:   
  Steve...sounds like you're not going to have any problems selling the house....congratulatio ns!   :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Tom...if I remember right, believe they claim Epsom salts will rot tree stumps...works good on sore muscles too, quit swinging that heavy axe mister!   ;D.  Sawzall should work fine if in hurry Tom.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad you had a trouble free ride back home and nowhere near those fires/gas explosions.  :thumbsup:  Good luck if fishing today!
  Jeff...bet it sure fealt good sleeping in your own bed again!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...hoping you had some visitors at the crib!   :thumbsup:

Got my truck maintenance done with no problems, a rarity for me, lol. The rains cleared out around noon and the remainder of the day was actually pretty nice.
  Thinking about a trip up to the Salmon River in Pulaski, NY this weekend, waiting to see some more reports if it's worth the trip up yet. No big runs yet to speak of that I've seen, but there's some fish around.
  Back to the great wall again this am....cawfee's on!
  Who's On Iceshanty
 Guests: 170
 Hidden: 0
 Users: 2
 Users Online:
 masoneddie
 Big_Al

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13393 on: Sep 19, 2018, 05:14 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 61* and clear here on my hill, a nice day is expected. ::)
                        Eddie......It sure is nice to sleep in my own bed but being on the beach is nice too! :woot:
                        Steve......We made a trip to Kennebunk Port to do some shopping and have lunch at Allison's restaurant for Lobster Roll. Then we
               went back on Saturday for a whale watch trip. Unfortunately we didn't see any whale so we got a free tickets to come back next year, it's a good deal
               if you ask me. We did see a few sharks and some porpoises. One fish we saw was an ocean sunfish, the can weigh up to 2000 lbs. :clap: The seaweed
               kept dragging my line to shore so I gave up. :cookoo:
                        Bud.......I can't believe they only had you on one register, the check out line must have been long. :whistle:
                        Marv......I hope all is going well at "The Shack"
                        Now that I'm back home I am going to work on my walkway that I started a few weeks ago and stack firewood! :flex:
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work out out hunting or fishing!

IW   

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13394 on: Sep 19, 2018, 05:35 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....glad your day off was a good one  :thumbsup:  not sure about the Salmon River just yet  :-\   altho the cooler nites we're supposed to be seeing should get things going  ;)

IFF.....sounds like some long days on the job  :(   hope your local stores gets up and running ahead of schedule  :)

MrC.....he scored the goal in hockey  :flex:  sounds like the house won't be on the market long  :clap:

IW......good deal on the whale watch tickets for sure  :thumbsup:

TT.....hope the sore muscles are feeling a bit better today  :)  there's never a quiet moment at my son's once school/hockey start  :wacko:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13395 on: Sep 19, 2018, 05:54 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

mr.clean Congrats with the house, as Eddie said it looks like it will move fast :thumbsup:

IW welcome back, it sounds like you and your wife had a Great Time :thumbsup:

Eddie good luck if you make it fishing, I hope the reports lead to you going :thumbsup:

Nothing good to report from the bear woods :%$#!: It's as if they all left the area. I thought as poor as it was that maybe the hound hunters would actually help, but so far no proof of that. No bait eaten in a week, no pictures of any bears in the same amount of time. I did see a decent buck which is always fun to see. The heat has finally cracked, however from today through Thursday, 3" of rain expected at the shack. Certainly has been some tough conditions.

I decided yesterday to go for broke. I moved operations 1/2 mile to the back end of my property. Now I am in the area I hunt deer which is something I didn't want to do. I set up on a huge swamp which will cause it's own problems if I ever shoot one. I'm not sure now what to carry but may use a 12 gauge and slugs as the last thing I will want to do is track into the swamp and beaver dams.

I have a Dentist appointment tomorrow and then I am heading back up and check things out. If nothing has touched the new bait I will be at a loss for what to do.

Good Morning WW!

Hope you all have an "Excellent Hump" Day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13396 on: Sep 19, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Starting out in the 50's this morning. Guessed for rain again today. They guessed totally wrong on that yesterday.

Got the stump out yesterday with not much more trouble. It was not that big of a stump. No way to use a stump grinder as the stump was to close to the deck plus it would have cost to much. What I thought was a bunch of big roots ended up being small ones that only took a few whacks to get through. The hole is all filled back in.

WS Is there some one baiting near you that is drawing the bears away from your property? My 12 ga. with open sights was my choice after not being able to see the cross hairs on my scope when it got dark especially black cross hairs on the black of a bear. Sadly I never got to try it out as I never saw a bear while in the stand.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13397 on: Sep 19, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Good morning  cooler outside this morning received some rain over night. Busy morning back and forth with realtor ,my sister and attorney's office. We received a cash offer for asking price meeting with attorney tomorrow afternoon to start paperwork, still have home inspections to get through if no problems found may have house sold by Halloween or earlier. :clap: :clap:
IFF seems Gander Outdoors is operating same way as when it was Gander Mountain. The now closed store by me had 4-5 register when it first  open after a year or two of operation majority of time only cash register open was at customer service counter. The store was renovated in 2014 went to 2 checkouts main registers plus a couple register by customer service. Hard to believe store would not have person trained to act as cashier for majority of business day. How is your wife doing with recovery. Congratulations to your gunsmith. No one able to talk him into sharing some elk for cook out. ::) :whistle:
Ice Wanderer good deal with the whale watch tickets, on the last party boat trip I took in Ocean City/Atlantic City, NJ. area had a pair of porpoise swim by the boat. Just an idea next year bring a rod reel better suited for fishing from a pier /dock to give you a option if drifting seaweed is a problem .
Eddie have a good day working on the "Great Wall" . Glad you had no problems with truck maintenance work. Best of luck if you go to Pulaski and Salmon river this weekend.
Wallyworld is your grandson playing multiple positions  again this hockey season believe he spent some time defending the goal last year. Do either of your grand daughters play for school teams if my memory is correct oldest is now high school freshmen.
Whopper Stopper maybe time to contact your guide friend for advice, any thought to placing a camera by old bait pit and coating trees with cake frosting or anise scent to see if any bears still in the section of your property. Do the archery and fire-arm season over lap so you can use your 12 gauge shot gun during hunt. All the best at dentist and out in the woods.
Tom Turkey congrats on getting  stump removed and hole filled in  hope you don't have to many sore muscles.
A safe and good day to everyone best to all fishing and hunting.

Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13398 on: Sep 19, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Good morning everyone, nice day today. Got a lot of rain yesterday. Pump is working overtime today. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13399 on: Sep 20, 2018, 03:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 53* this am, high of 68 today!    Read a few reports that a decent run of salmon entered the river yesterday, mix of kings and coho's... :clap: :thumbsup:

I-45...hope all is well Sir, best of luck with your appointment soon!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...thats wonderful news, hope everything goes smoothly today and with the inspections!!  :bow: :clap:
  Tom...thanks for sending that cooler weather East!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...man, you've had a bunch of curve balls thrown at you! Best of luck with the new stand, looking forward to your next report!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...guessing between the rain and cooler temps, it triggered those salmon to run yesterday. Any plans for another Ontario trip yet?
  Jeff...hope the walkway is coming along ok for you!  :thumbsup:     How many cords of firewood are you figuring on for this season?

I saw it mentioned in a Pennsylvania thread this am about the Wooly Bears Buggers and this seasons winter prediction. Yesterday afternoon I actually saw a few here for the first time....they were mostly black with barely any brown segments. Any thoughts on this?    :icefish:
  We finished the majority of the wall yesterday, now all that's left is the arched entry way to finish up and column cap stones to be set...when ever they arrive. We did run out of mortar, had another pallet delivered yesterday, and today another 1,000 bricks should arrive. Should be close to finishing by tomorrow without any delays today.    :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those hunting/fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13400 on: Sep 20, 2018, 03:47 AM »

Good Morning ER's,
                       It's 52* and clear here on my hill, fall is in the air, it actually begins on Saturday! ::)
                       Steve.......Good deal on the house, may app the paper work go smoothly. :thumbsup:
                       I-45.........I guess you guys down near the coast got majority of the rain from Florence, good thing for sump pumps! :flex:
                       Marv........That's strange about the bears leaving your area, you'd think they would stick around for an easy meal. :unsure:
                       Tom.........Good job on getting the stump out, they can be a PIA. :flex:
                       Wally........Any fishing trip in the works. ???
                       Worked on the walkway a while yesterday, I got all of the pressure border boards in. Then I cleaned out the wood shed so I can start
             putting wood in today. Mowed my lawn and went to the transfer station. Busy day!
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play!
                       I see Eddie posted while I was typing, I plan to have 9 cords stored if I use all of it I won't know till the end. Good work on the wall. :flex:

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13401 on: Sep 20, 2018, 06:17 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....great news on the house  :clap: :thumbsup:  the granddaughters are in 6th & 8th grade this year, both definitely looking forward to the chance to play school hockey  ;)  at my grandson's level the coaches rotate their positions still altho he would LOVE to be full time goalie  :flex:

Eddie.....think we're going to take a bike ride to Pulaski today & check things out, I'll let you know what we find  ;)2 

IW.....don't overdo hauling the firewood in  :flex:  hopefully we won't be needing heat for a little while yet  @)  no fishing trips planned for now, we're leaving Sunday for a visit to DC so we've been catching things up around home  :-\

WS.....sure hope the new plan works out for you   :)  definitely some tough conditions so far, but it only takes one moment in time to get THE shot ;)2

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13402 on: Sep 20, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Good Morning. 59 degrees and some clouds.
IW, good to see you back. Glad you had a good time. Wife loves the Maine coast.
Eddie, good luck if you get out fishing. Also, glad you got the work on the truck complete. I was never very good with tools.

I "think" yesterday was the last day out on the boat. Water temp is STILL in the mid 70's. I did catch 9/10 walleyes and 6 SMB. Kept 2 walleyes for my daughter. Lost 2 jigs to pike yesterday. One hit so hard that when the line broke it snapped back and wrapped around the rod. Next year I will fool them and get a rod rigged up for pike. They just make such a mess in the boat.

Friday I have to take "Rocky" for his next series of shots at the vets, as the daughter doesn't want to take a day off from school. Who said I would never be a Grandfather.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13403 on: Sep 20, 2018, 07:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The rain just keeps coming down, it appears it will finally wind up tomorrow afternoon. From what I am seeing of the shacks forecast things should improve for the weekend. By the middle of next week they are even talking frost which will certainly be welcomed after the 90's we have had.

I am headed to the Dentist in a bit and then I am not sure. I will probably hang around here today and then head for the shack tomorrow after the wind and rain finally stops.

TT the cross hairs also were giving me fits. I usually leave 10 minutes before legal shoot time ends because I can't see well enough to shoot anyway. You are certainly correct, black on black is tough. I am not sure about other baiting in my area, the guys I have talked to all say the same thing, that the bears have vanished. I don't really believe they are all gone, but even the hound guys are saying they can't get a strike due to the inactivity. I haven't given up but the clock is ticking.

mr.clean once you secure a bear harvest tag here, you can use whatever legal weapon you wish. I certainly have my favorites but I have left the setup choose for me. I did put a camera on my original frosting trees but nothing happened there either. I am holding onto the belief it's going to break loose, I just hope it's before the final buzzer.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13404 on: Sep 21, 2018, 03:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  60* with light winds this am, high of 70 today.

Marv..best of luck today! Hoping the better weather conditions will start getting those bears moving. Wonder where the heck they go? Was wondering if you had kept a camera around your first stand....that's amazing nothing has been back there either! Maybe today is the day.... :thumbsup:
  H2...bet it was a nice day to be out in the boat yesterday, congrats on another good trip!  Wtg helping out your daughter with Rocky....grandpa!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you and Mr.WW had a nice safe ride to Pulaski yesterday, beautiful weather...looking forward to your report.    :thumbsup:   It will be a zoo up there again this weekend forward.
  Jeff...hope you had a good day yesterday on your projects, cooler weather was a plus!   :thumbsup:   How's MW doing, hope he's been busy!

We laid every brick we had left yesterday from the first delivery, never received our new order....so, the Great Wall Of Albany will not be completed today... ;D
  Thinking Sunday might be a possible day trip to Pulaski, a small sidewalk job fell in my lap for tomorrow...gas money. 
  Off to get the last 8hr shift in....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those hunting/fshing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13405 on: Sep 21, 2018, 04:04 AM »

Good morning Eddie ER's,
                       It's 59* and rain fell during the night with more showers in the forecast! ::)
                       Eddie.........I hope the bricks arrive today so you guys can finish up the Great Wall! :flex: MW is busy as heck, I gave him a ride to
               pick up one of his trucks and he talked my ear off the whole way. Lots of work yet to be done! :flex:
                       Wally.........I hope you and Mr. WW have a nice trip to D.C.. :thumbsup: Say Hi to The Donald for me. :woot: :roflmao:
                       Marv.........I hope your weather change will mix things up for your bear hunt. :thumbsup:
                       Yesterday I got just a little more than a cord of wood stacked, I covered some of the pile with plastic so I can stack more today after the
               rain.
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13406 on: Sep 21, 2018, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....things are definitely going to be crazy in Pulaski from here on out  :whistle: :wacko:  saw 5 or 6 fish landed plus a few other hook ups yesterday  :flex:  the hatchery had quite a few fish in the runway already too  ;)  good luck

H2L.....good job taking Rocky for his shots Grandpa  :thumbsup:  don't give up on the boat just yet still some good fishing left  ;)2

WS.....safe travels to the shack  :)   hope the bears reappear soon, they have to eat sometime right  ??? :blink:

IW.....at least it's a little cooler now to do the stacking  ;)

Have some work to do at camp today  :flex:  developed a water leak somewhere that needs fixing  ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13407 on: Sep 21, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Packed and heading north in a few minutes. Damaging winds last night just south of the metro. The old boss called this morning at 5am and asked if I would like to do some bids for a couple of days. I told him "No thanks, I am off to blast a bear" Lol Man, that felt good.

Thanks again for all the well wishes. Lots of storms and 2.5" of rain at the shack through this morning. Today the winds are howling at 30mph so not sure what I will find. When I went to the back to make a new bait station the other day, I had 2 hours of chainsawing to break open a trail.

I was looking at a WI bear site on FB and many people reporting 12-15 days with no bear activity at their baits. It was mentioned some of the hound hunters were having luck running bear. I hope they shagged a few my direction.

Hope you all have an excellent Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13408 on: Sep 21, 2018, 02:59 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

I made it to the shack and checked baits and cards. 3 days and nothing touched the new bait. I checked cards and not a single bear came while I was Gone. Now the rest of the story......

It  was11:30 when I came to my ladder stand. When I got back to the shack and checked cards, at 11:25 a yearling boar went running by my camera. All that time and nothing, then I walk out and kick one up :%$#!:  You can't make this stuff up any better.

Anyway on a positive note, there is still a bear around.

Hope you all have a good evening, I am tucked in my stand until dark.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13409 on: Sep 21, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Good evening ,things moving along with the house my sister and I talked with attorney on Thursday afternoon have a home inspector coming Monday.
Icefisher-45 hope you did not see any major water build up of water from rains in your area .
Eddie did the bricks arrive and the "Great Wall" get completed . Have a safe trip to Pulaski may you catch a salmon or two.
Hunts2long how did the vet visit go for your grand puppy Rocky .
Ice Wanderer glad you have cooler weather currently to work on the walkway and start building up firewood supply for this Winter. Sure Mealworm is busy filling fire wood orders plus his property maintenance jobs.
Wallyworld thank you for info. on your grandchildren. Have a great trip to DC.
Whopper Stopper keep a positive attitude hopefully everything will come together and you will get a shot at nice bear.

Have a pleasant evening.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.