Author Topic: Dreaming of the ULTIMATE Garmin Livescope  (Read 873 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Dreaming of the ULTIMATE Garmin Livescope
« on: Dec 06, 2018, 03:51 PM »
It just hit me..... :o

Imagine a Livescope where the transducer is a star or hub/spokes of Livescopes that scan out in a circle around your hole or boat in a continuous 360 degrees of sensing with real-time live feedback.

The large screen gives live 3D views of  every fish within a 100 foot radius ALL the time, along with a continuous full 3D contour of the bottom structure.

I may be waiting for this for a while...but maybe not.  ::)

I am sure somebody must be working on it.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dreaming of the ULTIMATE Garmin Livescope
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Stop the Presses!

I was just informed that this concept ALREADY exists at the basic Panoptix level.  It MUST be coming at some point at the Livescope level (but it won't be cheap!)

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/503834?fbclid=IwAR2mHdp-Cot49Ogs2-gMZxa9G1xFGIaJExyJi4etMKnD95pJHJ-j_SwatHM

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2018, 04:09 PM »
My crystal ball tell me there will be many current Livescope units for sale when something like this becomes available.

Heading out for the Fargo show tonight, need to drink some more of the koolaid before hitting the ice Monday with the new toys.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Yea, those bigger transducers that just look foward or down have more viewing options like the 3D. Plus that down version can see more than the ps22 can. not just bottom contour on below and both sides of the boat, but can be angled back to see not only your down riggger weights, but even the lures and the fish reacting to it. Yes you can point the ps22 “foward” behind the boat, or down and pan it sideways instead of back and forth,  but the viewing angle is not exactly the same when it comes to watching the downrigger and reactions to the lures.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:49 PM »
Yup, not ready yet but that is where things are headed.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:12 PM »
 ;D in the end, it's gonna coast more than my boat.... ;)

wait, I will be using the boat more often...
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:13 PM »
And there won’t be any fish left!  ;D

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:24 PM »
;D in the end, it's gonna coast more than my boat.... ;)

wait, I will be using the boat more often...
My panoptix ice package already costs more than my mini bass boat that I use it on. I clamp it to my trolling motor, but I’m going to get another trolling motor bracket (they’re overkill but sturdy) and stick a piece of pvc in it. That way it’s easily adjustable and I can pan it independently. It’ll also be away from the trolling motor itself so the internal compass works, and I can point it down without the motor being in the way. All so I can make my own lake maps too  ;)
And there won’t be any fish left!  ;D
Well according to some reports, too many people are practicing catch and release and the population is getting stunted  ::) at least for certain species in some regions *cough*Bass*cough*

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:37 PM »
My panoptix ice package already costs more than my mini bass boat that I use it on. I clamp it to my trolling motor, but I’m going to get another trolling motor bracket (they’re overkill but sturdy) and stick a piece of pvc in it. That way it’s easily adjustable and I can pan it independently. It’ll also be away from the trolling motor itself so the internal compass works, and I can point it down without the motor being in the way. All so I can make my own lake maps too  ;)Well according to some reports, too many people are practicing catch and release and the population is getting stunted  ::) at least for certain species in some regions *cough*Bass*cough*

I’d hate to live in those regions!

I’ll stick to catching 25-30lb 5 bass limits in our local tournaments here in Michigan!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2018, 11:07 PM »
I’d hate to live in those regions!

I’ll stick to catching 25-30lb 5 bass limits in our local tournaments here in Michigan!
Our state record largemouth is 11lb 10oz, set back in 1968, and 8lb smallmouth in 1970 :P so pretty much anything over 5-6lb is a big fish here  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.