IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Helix 7 Chirp/GPS G2

(1/3) > >>

Johnny5dime:
Anyone have it? Thoughts?

I just started looking into it and I'm interested in it for ice and my kayak.
I'm slightly confused by it. The link is below.

Does a person still need to buy the navionics cards or is the GPS model built in with that?

https://click.linksynergy.com/deeplink?id=0UfX6oQ/oCk&mid=38721&murl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.overtons.com%2Fmodperl%2Fproduct%2Fdetails.cgi%3Fpdesc%3DHumminbird-Ice-Helix-7-CHIRP-Sonar%2FGPS-G2-Combo%26i%3D253640

Fishwacker1:
I first had the helix 5 chirp. Thought it was so good the FL-18 is backup now for when I take somebody with.
I decided after a couple trips out that most of the time I’m going to the same gps points and not drilling 30-50 holes to fish. Sold it on Craig’s and bought the 7. Screen is great in split view compared to the 5.
The gps basemap does not have the definition of lake contours that you will receive if you buy a lake map. I bought the smart strike card that highlights spots to try predicted where fish could be by inputting season / time of day / weather etc. Not all lakes will have that function but still have depths.
I pieced together the Helix 7 G2 GPS in a genz pack chirp transducer and 10ah battery for 480$ total.  The map card was extra not in that total. I love mine.  If you buy the regular kit you will have the 2D transducer for a boat.
The Chirp transducer works in an array of frequency so you can adjust which changes the cone angle and eliminate interference.
Good luck fishing.
Jesse

PS - I know Overtons gets flak on the forum for cancelling orders. But they mailed me the Helix 7 G2 GPS with the 20% coupon that was advertised.
Hodges Marine has the cheapest price on the Chirp ice transducer.

fishEH:
I bought the Helix 5 with Navionics mapcard as a bundle. The 7 was too big for my purposes.

Johnny5dime:

--- Quote from: Fishwacker1 on Mar 06, 2018, 04:59 AM ---I first had the helix 5 chirp. Thought it was so good the FL-18 is backup now for when I take somebody with.
I decided after a couple trips out that most of the time I’m going to the same gps points and not drilling 30-50 holes to fish. Sold it on Craig’s and bought the 7. Screen is great in split view compared to the 5.
The gps basemap does not have the definition of lake contours that you will receive if you buy a lake map. I bought the smart strike card that highlights spots to try predicted where fish could be by inputting season / time of day / weather etc. Not all lakes will have that function but still have depths.
I pieced together the Helix 7 G2 GPS in a genz pack chirp transducer and 10ah battery for 480$ total.  The map card was extra not in that total. I love mine.  If you buy the regular kit you will have the 2D transducer for a boat.
The Chirp transducer works in an array of frequency so you can adjust which changes the cone angle and eliminate interference.
Good luck fishing.
Jesse

PS - I know Overtons gets flak on the forum for cancelling orders. But they mailed me the Helix 7 G2 GPS with the 20% coupon that was advertised.
Hodges Marine has the cheapest price on the Chirp ice transducer.

--- End quote ---

I think I might wait alittle bit.
I think the best option will be to to buy the Chirp G2 GPS helix 7 with the boat transducer/mount.

I found the Ice ducer for 79 bucks and the soft case for an additional 30. I think If i buy everything seperate I can get both ducers/mount/case for 550. Whats everyones thoughts? I feel like I'm missing something...

Blue Tiger:

--- Quote from: Johnny5dime on Mar 06, 2018, 10:04 AM ---
I think I might wait alittle bit.
I think the best option will be to to buy the Chirp G2 GPS helix 7 with the boat transducer/mount.

I found the Ice ducer for 79 bucks and the soft case for an additional 30. I think If i buy everything seperate I can get both ducers/mount/case for 550. Whats everyones thoughts? I feel like I'm missing something...

--- End quote ---

From what I read the boat ducer has a 60 degree cone angle,and the ice ducer a 20 degree.Wouldnt the boat one work better to cover more water column?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version