Author Topic: Donnelly, ID Motels ???  (Read 1719 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Donnelly, ID Motels ???
« on: Nov 15, 2018, 02:00 PM »
I'm thinking this year for my Cascade Lake fishing trip to stay on Donnelly instead of Cascade because we normally launch out of Poison Creek Marina every day.  I'm leaning towards the Long Valley Motel right behind the Stinker C-Store & gas station.  Would like some intel on this facility.  Have you used it for an ice fishing trip recently and did you find it adequate for your needs?
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Donnelly, ID Motels ???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2018, 02:14 PM »
I think that's where geezergonewild stayed when we were up there last winter. You should PM him. Don't know if he'll read this post. Check our the vrbo site for houses you might be surprised on the prices and most you can ride your machine out from there to fish
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2018, 05:33 PM »
He did stay there last year. I don’t think he had anything bad to say necessarily. Seems like there may have been a little drama in the parking lot with some drunks if I remember right.  I sent him a link to this thread.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2018, 05:59 PM »
He did stay there last year. I don’t think he had anything bad to say necessarily. Seems like there may have been a little drama in the parking lot with some drunks if I remember right.  I sent him a link to this thread.
Thanks Joe.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Thanks Joe.
You bet Bob. I have been in contact with him and he said that he will post soon.

Offline KozinKenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Dubob. I have stayed at the Long Valley many times in the past. What is cool about the motel is...you can rent an adjoining room or an adjoining Kitchen, or just the One room if you choose. The Price was good and the rooms were very confortable. We stayed last at Boulder Creek, Prices are higher, but it is a newer place.
"When an Ice Fisherman Freezes, another one thaws and takes his place."
~Patrick F. McManus~

Good Fish'n, Kenny

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Thanks Kenny.  I just booked at Long Valley 2 days ago for my Feb trip.  I talked with both Long Valley and Boulder Creek and Boulder Creek said they had no place to clean fish so I would be doing that outside if I stayed there.  Long Valley said I could clean fish in my room if it was a kitchenette, so I booked the kitchenette which is about the same cost as a single room at Boulder Creek.  Both places said that parking a snowmobile trailer would not be a problem.  The only down side to staying in Donnelly is that there isn't any restaurants open for breakfast until 7 AM which is the time I like to be at the launch.  I guess it will be a microwave breakfast in my kitchenette room.  And with the Stinker gas station right next door, I can get all the coffee I need early as well.  Any intell on the Donnelly restaurants as far as the evening meal goes?  Looks to be 3 or 4 restaurants open in Donnelly in the evening.
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2018, 09:21 AM »
We always get kitchenettes so we can cook our own food. Better than any restaurant for sure-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline KozinKenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2018, 12:31 PM »
The Ranch Hand is a new Buffet style resturant. They have breakfast and dinner at a great price. The food is outstanding and the people are fantastik. You can look them up on Facebook also. They have been open for about 6 months or longer. They are in the strip mall on Roseberry 1/4 mile or less from the stinker station.
"When an Ice Fisherman Freezes, another one thaws and takes his place."
~Patrick F. McManus~

Good Fish'n, Kenny

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2018, 03:35 PM »
I am enjoying all this information.  Thanks guys . I have only stayed at Birth Glen Lodge and love the place  . But it is a long drive to Poison Creek .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2018, 05:00 PM »
I am enjoying all this information.  Thanks guys . I have only stayed at Birth Glen Lodge and love the place  . But it is a long drive to Poison Creek .  Oh yes it is!   ;D
Staying at Donnelly gets me a half hour more sleep in the morning and saves about 40 miles of driving each day.  Birch Glen is under new ownership and they fired Sharon who was part of the good experiences there.  I'm not saying it still wouldn't be a good place to stay.  They finished off the fish cleaning room behind the office and raised the room rate.  The rate went up at least $10 which put it on a par with the Lone Valley.
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2018, 04:03 AM »
Sharon was the reason we stayed there . Please let me know how you like the new place you are staying and how much it costs
Catch'em and Eat'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.