Author Topic: Reflectix  (Read 2266 times)

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
Reflectix
« on: Oct 12, 2018, 11:22 PM »
Fixing to install some reflectix in my Frabill flip over this weekend and was going to use some 3M spray adhesive to attach it . Good idea or bad idea,  my only worry is how long does reflectix last ? Will I need to replace it in a year or 2 ? Thanks for any insight , I appreciate it😁

Why do things today that can be put off till tomorrow, or next week???? Let's go Ice-fishing!!!!

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Reflectix
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2018, 12:06 AM »
I just used some industrial strength Velcro pads on my Frabill 1 man flip. Then cut slits in the reflectix where the canvas velcros to the poles. It held up all last year. Not sure if it's the best way, but I like the idea of removing the reflectix if it ever ripped.

I think there was a good video on YouTube which I followed.

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2018, 01:03 AM »
Thanks Kopower , I was thinking about going with some velcro
Why do things today that can be put off till tomorrow, or next week???? Let's go Ice-fishing!!!!

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:49 AM »
Can't speak in regards to the Frabill, but all I did on my FX100 was slip the Reflectix between the support poles and the cover and cut slits to pass the Velcro fasteners through.  Ran mine all the down the backside and fastened that end down by running a piece of flat bar across the width of the tub, securing everything with the screws originally used to hold the cover to the tub.  Cut out the area where the back window is and it's worked well the past few years.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:51 AM »
just use the tents velcro and cut slits (2 per attachment) into the reflectix where those velcro tab will come thru them. install in on the top of the bars so the bar helps hold it up also. it may make the front a little short on the ice. if so redo how the tent is in the tub to give more slack for the front to lay on the ice tight. if you don't have one make a wind bar for behind where you sit.
don't make it too wide. i made mine go about half way down the radial of the curve on the bars.
1st pic shows it some what.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=316792.0

i found it easiest to put marks for slits with the reflectix resting on top of the tent.

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2018, 10:43 AM »
Anyone put reflectix in a frabill side step? Looking to do that this year
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2018, 12:19 PM »
Thanks guys , I appreciate the help 😁

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2018, 09:05 PM »
just use the tents velcro and cut slits (2 per attachment) into the reflectix where those velcro tab will come thru them. install in on the top of the bars so the bar helps hold it up also. it may make the front a little short on the ice. if so redo how the tent is in the tub to give more slack for the front to lay on the ice tight. if you don't have one make a wind bar for behind where you sit.
don't make it too wide. i made mine go about half way down the radial of the curve on the bars.
1st pic shows it some what.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=316792.0

i found it easiest to put marks for slits with the reflectix resting on top of the tent.

I did this like 5 or 6 years ago.....looks like brand new :)
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2018, 10:44 PM »
Thanks guys , that was pretty dang simple lol ............ and I took the advice and didn't use the spray adhesive ha!ha
My next mod will be to get some good boat seats and get rid of the horrible frabill seats
... them things are way uncomfortable !!

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Looks great!

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2018, 09:34 AM »
I have a regular hub (no insulation) will a single layer of reflectix on the ceiling make a noticable difference?
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2018, 11:51 AM »
I have a regular hub (no insulation) will a single layer of reflectix on the ceiling make a noticable difference?

It seemed to for me, but I really don't have a baseline to quantify other than it felt warmer using the heater less.  No issues with condensation with the Reflectix in place and typically stayed warm enough that I needed to take my jacket off and open the side vent windows most trips.

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2018, 06:27 AM »
I tried reflectix. Too bulky to fold up.
Went with something like this.
Can get them different places to link to show what it is

https://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Space-Weather-Blanket-Tarp/dp/B0758BMQTC

Silver side pointed toward on side. Made huge difference without the bulk

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #13 on: Oct 16, 2018, 07:33 AM »
I too found the reflectix on the bulky side in my older 2 man Yukon, when folded down it made it more difficult to reach items down in the back of the tub. It's still in the shelter now but I may go to the space blanket route. Bought an insulated Kenai Stealth last season so the Yukon only goes when the wife wants to join me. At this point I would only buy an insulated shelter, but the old Yukon still has plenty of life in it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.